Confirmed with Link: Bruins begin Christmas break - all games this week postponed

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
How frickin' non-sensical. In 24 hours are they going to get all of their guys back and Covid will be gone?
NHL is so backward. Do they need to have meetings to figure out what anyone normal has already figured out? It's all about the $$$ with them, that being said they should want to protect their product not play these games (pun intended) with them.
****ing NHL.

I know NHL is a business...but given that this is Christmas and its already challenging enough....this is just making it even harder for everyone and their families.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
How frickin' non-sensical. In 24 hours are they going to get all of their guys back and Covid will be gone?
NHL is so backward. Do they need to have meetings to figure out what anyone normal has already figured out? It's all about the $$$ with them, that being said they should want to protect their product not play these games (pun intended) with them.
****ing NHL.
Well when they made the Bruins play a player short because of salary cap ,you know how frigging stupid they are.You would think special circumstances would come into effect.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Are they getting tested today or is it a day off?

UPDATE: Bruins Schedule, Friday, December 17
-Travel to Boston
-No scheduled practice or media availability

They are back in Boston

upload_2021-12-17_13-1-43.png

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I think the whole cancellation of games thing is tied into the Olympic thing. NHL has said if they have to cancel too many games they'll pull the players out of the Olympics. No one knows what that number is. I think we'll get some clarity on that soon (and per Fenway it could be playing the Olympics somewhere else too).

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Selfishly I'm glad the games are postponed just so we don't have to play any more games without Bergeron and Marchand.

It would be incredibly frustrating if at the end of the year we miss the playoffs by one point because we had to play 6 games with Jasper Frodin or whatever his name is being in the lineup while Marchand, Bergeron, Swayman, etc. are quarantined.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Selfishly I'm glad the games are postponed just so we don't have to play any more games without Bergeron and Marchand.

It would be incredibly frustrating if at the end of the year we miss the playoffs by one point because we had to play 6 games with Jasper Frodin or whatever his name is being in the lineup while Marchand, Bergeron, Swayman, etc. are quarantined.
Agreed. To be fair, I think this could be said for a whole bunch of teams.

Reactions: TCB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad