Confirmed with Link: Bruins begin Christmas break - all games this week postponed

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
If they can't do the makeup games during the Olympic break, I'm REAL curious where they're going to stuff them into the schedule

The NHL does have a non Olympics schedule in place and teams were told NOT to book their arena on alternate dates but several did so anyways according to Elliott Friedman.

The IIHF has been looking into moving the Olympic tournament elsewhere and China might be willing to do so simply because the Chinese team is so overmatched it will be embarrasing. Only residents of China can attend Olympic events anyways so.....

Why not play the Olympic tournament in the West Coast? For example, Seattle has one event scheduled at Climate Pledge Arena from Jan. 29-Feb. 24. (That’s a Seattle University basketball game on Feb. 10.) I know it’s a rush to put it together, and it’s not going to be the full Olympic experience, but what’s perfect right now? Build the game. Get the IOC to FedEx the medals. It’s better than not playing at all.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Thank God, I don't think I could take another game like last night's but against the hated Habs. Now hopefully the Sens game gets postponed too so I don't have to think about them until after Christmas haha.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The NHL does have a non Olympics schedule in place and teams were told NOT to book their arena on alternate dates but several did so anyways according to Elliott Friedman.

The IIHF has been looking into moving the Olympic tournament elsewhere and China might be willing to do so simply because the Chinese team is so overmatched it will be embarrasing. Only residents of China can attend Olympic events anyways so.....

Why not play the Olympic tournament in the West Coast? For example, Seattle has one event scheduled at Climate Pledge Arena from Jan. 29-Feb. 24. (That’s a Seattle University basketball game on Feb. 10.) I know it’s a rush to put it together, and it’s not going to be the full Olympic experience, but what’s perfect right now? Build the game. Get the IOC to FedEx the medals. It’s better than not playing at all.

Where are you hearing the moving?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

How frickin' non-sensical. In 24 hours are they going to get all of their guys back and Covid will be gone?
NHL is so backward. Do they need to have meetings to figure out what anyone normal has already figured out? It's all about the $$$ with them, that being said they should want to protect their product not play these games (pun intended) with them.
****ing NHL.

Reactions: Knox Harrington

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad