Confirmed with Link: Bruins begin Christmas break - all games this week postponed

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I started it a month or two back but couldn't get past the first few chapters. Too much Dale Arnold content, not enough Boston Bruins content haha. I'm a stubborn guy that needs to read everything cover to cover so I put it down and haven't picked it up since. I might have to bite the bullet and skip some chapters for that one :laugh:
I started it a week ago. Just like "It These Walls Could Talk" I expected a lot more inside stuff.
My wife was making an Amazon order and asked if I wanted the Thornton book. I didn't realize that
Dale Arnold was the co-author otherwise I wouldn't have been as interested. When it arrived saw his
name and thought maybe I shouldn't write it off because of Arnold but really, it's IMO similar.
My wife gave me "Doos and Degerenrates" by Thomas Whelan, and so far it's a re-hash of similar Bruins-history books about Eddie Shore, etc. but I'm only 39 pages in and hoping it gets better.
I haven't finished the Thornton/Arnold book yet but holding out hope it gets better.

Reactions: kjpm

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
I started it a week ago. Just like "It These Walls Could Talk" I expected a lot more inside stuff.
My wife was making an Amazon order and asked if I wanted the Thornton book. I didn't realize that
Dale Arnold was the co-author otherwise I wouldn't have been as interested. When it arrived saw his
name and thought maybe I shouldn't write it off because of Arnold but really, it's IMO similar.
My wife gave me "Doos and Degerenrates" by Thomas Whelan, and so far it's a re-hash of similar Bruins-history books about Eddie Shore, etc. but I'm only 39 pages in and hoping it gets better.
I haven't finished the Thornton/Arnold book yet but holding out hope it gets better.

I love Thornton so I'm going to give that one a shot too but I had the same reaction when I saw Dale was the co-author hahaha

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I love Thornton so I'm going to give that one a shot too but I had the same reaction when I saw Dale was the co-author hahaha
He seems to write not to offend anyone so his books lack an "edge" or grittiness. Like he's writing for the pre-teen crowd.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I actually think on ice the shutdown is great for the Bruins

they basically have 2/3 season and should be healthy covid was and to start

Bergeron & Marchand will have missed the travel and high stakes games and likely letdown upon return

They should have as strong a goaltending between quantity & quality and they have 25 games to access organization

the games will be absorbed between February & May

my take is there was a multitude of issues going on and the 2-3 weeks is good for them

to bad they can’t do like MLB and just add Krejci in May lol

TB called “dibs” on getting Krejci for the playoffs.

So as soon as they send Bettman 2 Waffle House coupons, he’s theirs.

Reactions: BMC

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I don't. And Rask may be in for a rude surprise when he's finally in net behind that defense...
I honestly doubt he cares much haha, he doesn’t seem like a overly passionate guy. Seems more like he wants to come back to play because that’s his job, to play goalie for the Bruins.

I think he’ll definitely make a difference, he’ll steal some games, but not enough to make much of a difference.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
1/1 vs. Buffalo
Just came back to answer my own question. KPD says:

Back on the ice Sunday for their first practice in 11 days, the Bruins set their immediate focus on the prospect of finally returning to game action Wednesday night in Ottawa.
No telling if that matchup with the Senators remains on the books or if it will become the sixth consecutive game the Black and Gold must postpone here amid the resurgent COVID-19 pandemic and the havoc it has caused with the NHL’s schedule.
—-
I guess we’ll see!

Reactions: Ladyfan and Alicat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad