Post-Game Talk: Bruins beat Panthers 4 - 1.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Just in from the game.

Tuukka played well.

Shawn Thornton !!! is a keeper. That line is having fun out there.

Bergy line looked good

It was a bit scarey in the second period.

I still think the B's need to play better. I think they can play better.

Thanks again for the update Ladyfan.
I know the Bruins and have to play better, but all 4 lines have to contribute, and are not.
The Bergy line is fun to watch, but the DK line has been disappointing of late...but I like the way Thornton has picked up his game.

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
i2rodJmDE4M53.gif

iI9Nlfxn7xCe0.gif

:laugh:

Still outrageously funny :laugh:

Action -> Reaction

How thats not a penalty is beyhond me and KFC

Last edited:

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
phew! we'll take the 2 points, but man was that painful to watch. Got a funny feeling CJ is more ticked at the boys for tonight's effort than he was for Pitt.

Oh, and to all in attendance - feel free to boo the hell out of our PP when they let in shorties.

Without a doubt

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
An ugly win, but 2 more pts. are in the bank.

Hopefully they were saving the gas for the weekend revenge games against the Caps & Pens because they didn't use too much tonight.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruins looked way better last 7 or 8 mins.Not cause they scored but they were skating.HEy alot trade Kessel talk going on all over Toronto sports centres ,To Pittsburgh as usual and or Vancouver.LOL How about back to Bruins ;) hahahah

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
An ugly win, but 2 more pts. are in the bank.

Hopefully they were saving the gas for the weekend revenge games against the Caps & Pens because they didn't use too much tonight.

You're right, they should have lots of gas left when going up against Caps/Pens this week-end...I just hope it's premium gas.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
still waiting for their full 60 Min game it was not toight.

This is the issue every game IMHO.

The second period was not good

I really want the B's to beat the Pens and the Caps this weekend. They had their worst games against these two teams and need to beat them so they know that they can.

Good Night B's fans.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
This is the issue every game IMHO.

The second period was not good

I really want the B's to beat the Pens and the Caps this weekend. They had their worst games against these two teams and need to beat them so they know that they can.

Good Night B's fans.

Good night Ladyfan!

NastyNate17

Jan 3, 2011
Fort Sam Houston
Not our best performance but anytime you get 2 you can't complain too much...great to see Thornton with another goal...Honestly, rather see us not playing our best at this point in the season..don't wanna peak at the half way point. Plenty of room for improvement but if we continue to rack up the points and peak towards the latter part of our season, especially considering its much shorter than the norm, the better off we are heading into the post season

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
I haven't seen A Johnson with a bad performance yet...needs to play more

Could not agree more!!

He's solid, yet unspectacular, the only times I notice him is when he's blocking a shot or throwing a check or even holding the line.

I can't remember myself saying "**** Johnson! What are you doing??" just a good solid player. Julien seems to put guys like this in positions to succeed.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Not our best performance but anytime you get 2 you can't complain too much...great to see Thornton with another goal...Honestly, rather see us not playing our best at this point in the season..don't wanna peak at the half way point. Plenty of room for improvement but if we continue to rack up the points and peak towards the latter part of our season, especially considering its much shorter than the norm, the better off we are heading into the post season

Congrats...probably the most Optimistic post of the night!

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Just in from the game.

Tuukka played well.

Shawn Thornton !!! is a keeper. That line is having fun out there.

Bergy line looked good

It was a bit scarey in the second period.

I still think the B's need to play better. I think they can play better.

Wait, isn't Shawn Thornton dead?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
phew! we'll take the 2 points, but man was that painful to watch. Got a funny feeling CJ is more ticked at the boys for tonight's effort than he was for Pitt.

Oh, and to all in attendance - feel free to boo the hell out of our PP when they let in shorties.

From the Bruins twitter:

CJ: "a lot to be happy about. It's not about getting down on ourselves... we know we can get better & we're going to work on getting better."

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The DK line wasn't very good at passing the puck tonight and has definitely been a little off lately.I like the hustle of Caron and Peverley.The B's definitely need another forward though to compete against the better teams.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
From the Bruins twitter:

Yep. That's one way to look at it that most of us on here, including myself, do not. This team is 18-4-3 and I don't think anyone would say we have come close to playing our best hockey.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
This team can be so much better, they need a complete effort and we have not seen that all year.

- Bergy/Marchy/Siggy continue to roll. they are god for 1-2 goals and a dozen chances per game.

- Krejci/Horton/Lucic continue to drive me crazy. I really think Krejci is playing well. Lucic had one good shift, early on. He threw a hit and looked involved and then he disappeared again. He's ranged from acceptable to scratch worthy for a month. Horton is being Horton. I hope he wakes up soon.

- I thought Peverley was good again, he needs help.

- Chiarelli needs to stop evaluating and fix the issues.

- Rask was good but was in TERRIBLE position on the shorty.

- Speaking of the shorty, how the hell was that not a penalty? Seriously.

- The Merlot is rolling.

- I thought the defense was good. Johnson looked like a guy who has had a month off. Other than that they were good.

- The forwards need to wake the **** up. WAY too many turnovers. WAY too much passing. Get the puck, shoot the puck, crash the net, get bodies too the net, forecheck, hit. Simple game.

Big weekend. A chance to get a little revenge. Start Dooby Saturday, Rask Sunday.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
The KHL line needs a shake up. But what can CJ do? Move Pevs up? Swap Looch and Marchand for a game or 2? I don't want to mess with the Bergeron line, they are playing phenomenal hockey right now but...

I was okay with bringing in a 2nd/3rd line type (Morrow, Ryder etc) but am now leaning towards trying to find a top-6 sniper and shuffling the KHL line around.

On the other hand, 18-4-3 is nothing to sneeze at.

On the other other hand (On the gripping hand, points if you get the reference) this may be the most underwhelming 18-4-3 team ever.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Put this one in the "call me ugly" category. The Bruins were sluggish in all three zones; poor on puck protection and turn over the puck up in the O zone to give Florida a couple of odd man rush. Despite the "high glove hysteria " that some people want to create, Rask and Bergeron are by far for our best players. The 3rd line continue to be irrevelant ( Pandolfo not a legitimate solution) and the Bruins offense is running at 50% clip. The Bruins need, at least, 3 lines who can contribute offensively if they really want to contend. To me, the 4th line completly outplayed the first one which is unacceptable considering how the "1st" line is packed with skills and talent. #18-17-46 need to wake up in a hurry. The more it goes, the more Horton is making a case for not re-signing him. We got the two points but men, that's was ugly...

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
I had gotten up really early yesterday and fell asleep after about the 1st 20 minutes of the game. From the GDT's it would seem I put as much effort into the game as the B's did. :)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Don't let the final score fool you .Thank god for Rask tonight , he was great tonight only 1 out of position / Dougy learning curve goal . We will take the 2 pts :handclap:

I told my daughter last night after the game that the score was deceptive, because it looked like a blowout with the Bruins in control of the game. Just goes to show you that the final score of a game doesn't always indicate the real story.

Bruins looked awful IMO. Bergeron line was good, and 4th line was good-everyone else seemed to range from awful to mediocre.

I watch this team play and I wonder what happened to them? There is something that just isn't right-they have no killer instinct and half the time they just seem lazy or careless.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Lucic so far only has 1 goal on him. As much of a Thornton fan as I am, there's something not right about that.

4th line is working their tails off and hustling for pucks and those not hustling for the puck are driving the net. That's why that line is producing.

Although you also have to consider that our 4th line isn't generally matched up with the opposition's top lines, so there is often more for them to take advantage of.

Most team's 4th lines are either fighting plugs or young players trying to work their way into the NHL or some combination. Our 4th line is filled with veteran hustle-it helps. I also think Thornton wants to be on the ice and not watching from the pressbox and he is contributing to stay on the ice.

There isn't anybody right now that CJ can really flip flop with anyone on the Krejci line without screwing around with chemistry on the Bergeron line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad