Post-Game Talk: Bruins beat Caps 4 - 1!!!

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Unless it`s a challenge from Marchand, can`t see Cooke dropping the mitts with any Bruin plus, as much as I`d be more than welcoming to ANYONE in this league finishing the guy, the incident which affected our team most happened 2 years ago, and if the B`s are out for revenge still, there`s a problem. Just beat the Pens, Cooke isn`t fit to take any Bruins players garbage out let alone trying to entice him to drop the mitts with

Yeah I know, Savard was my favorite player on the Bruins back then and I was livid when that happened. I don't think Cooke wants to take on any Bruins as well, he probably skates with his head up every time he faces us.

Killerbeez

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Ellsworth, Maine
none
without the enormous contract, I'd take Ovi on the B's in a heartbeat. He has never had a decent coach since coming to the Caps and certainly starting with Boudreau hasn't had one that was able to install a system. I think that if he got a taste of winning and was on a team that had a legitimate shot at the cup, he'd play the role he was put in. Face it, on this team, he'd be the top line wing with Krejci and Lucic. Tell me that we wouldn't love that combo?

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Credit to Chiarelli for not giving out any contracts like the one Ovechkin got. You have to be very careful and know the player well.

Also credit to Chiarelli for not trading for Rick Nash....Rick Nash now is an excellent player...Rick Nash in 2016-2017 and 2017-2018...Who knows?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
missed the game today, family stuff. watching Bruins in two right now. the way Jack is complimenting hendricks makes me think maybe he knows the Bruins might look into this guy at the deadline, like others have mentioned here, and is pimping him to the fans or whatever. just an observation...

I been pimping Hendricks but after hearing the quotes and what went down no way they go after him now

The problem is- there is belief in the Bruins room he did not play by the rules on the Horton fight. That is what they think and that is all that counts.

I like Hendricks always have and got a chuckle out of the amazingly entertaining video in the third period; but I'm a Horton guy and don't want him hurt- he may be up and down at times but he's a very good talent and when he is engaged and moving his feet he is a first rate stud player

Also, Hendricks to me is not a fighter but a 4th line energy guy, and would interest me more if Paille moved up (and yesterday did not happen:laugh:) but with Kelly likely back even in time to get some regular season games, the Yeti coming we think, and guys in Providence who should be that much better in April (look for Spooner to really start picking it up- and Gorsik texted me last night from the Springfield-Baby B's game) and said Spooner was really, really good.

Hendricks likely will not be coming here but he certainly made that game more fun, that video is freaking outstanding- and he might have woke up that first line- plus if Horton is healthy after that fight erased any doubts in Nasty Nate's noggin,

All good great time, Hendricks may have in the end helped Boston more than if he ever came here- btw, I like watching Cam's reaction to **** going on the ice and he really seemed to enjoy those fights especially the second one

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
If people don't want Horton to fight, what is the point of keeping him around, there are plenty of guys out there who score as much as Horton and actually do other things when not scoring as well. At least when Horton is engaged physically and fighting he adds another dimension to his game. Without that his is a Michael Ryder type player.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
True, he does. He gobbled all of that uppercut.

Want nothing to do w/ a Horton that's going to drop the gloves going forward. I know he disappeared a lot before getting hurt. But some of the stuff you see w/ him tells me he's still waiting for all the cylinders to be firing in regard to his coordination.

People say Bergy is back to what he was before he got hurt. I don't think so. It took something out of him. His hands sometimes. He even had a fair one-timer back then, something we rarely see from him anymore. His decisions seemed so much quicker, or perhaps it was his anticipation. Hard to put your finger on it. Most especially, as you say, those hits. Even when he was 18, guys would put the body on him going into a corner, and he'd send them flying by exploding into them. When he lined someone up, he destroyed them. Seriously, is there any team that's suffered more than us when it's come to injuries resulting from dirty hits? It's infuriating to have to listen to the whining. As if they didn't have good reason, if not pure necessity, to harden the **** up and beat the bag out of people.

Yup, Bergeron used to be carefree back then, now he is much more guarded in how he plays. He used to skate through the whole hab's team & score, at the same time avoiding Souray's attempts take him out :D Does that scrub Randy Jones still play? Remember how philly fans were defending Jones back then, calling him a skilled player and so on. I was so happy to see LA win last year with Carter & Richards after they were let go by that classless organization.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If people don't want Horton to fight, what is the point of keeping him around, there are plenty of guys out there who score as much as Horton and actually do other things when not scoring as well. At least when Horton is engaged physically and fighting he adds another dimension to his game. Without that his is a Michael Ryder type player.

There is fighting and then there is fighting- he is more than welcome to fight if severly cheap shotted or its that dick Dion Phaneuf- but overall I'd rather not have skating around thinking he's a tough guy- or to get the team going.

Play hard, play strong, go to the net but unless someone really bleeps you or says something about your moma or wife then drop em

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
There is fighting and then there is fighting- he is more than welcome to fight if severly cheap shotted or its that dick Dion Phaneuf- but overall I'd rather not have skating around thinking he's a tough guy- or to get the team going.

Play hard, play strong, go to the net but unless someone really bleeps you or says something about your moma or wife then drop em

I don't know, I have not liked this version of unengaged Horton we have seen most of this season.

Topshelf88

Jul 27, 2008
I love how Brouwer called out Semin and said you never knew when he was going to show up. Same can be said for Ovi too.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know, I have not liked this version of unengaged Horton we have seen most of this season.

yah, he's really been like a typical NE March weather. Maybe yesterday will get him going- I isolated on him on the Panthers game and he had great jump.

Three teams you can always count him bringing the focus and energy- his former team, the Leafs from where he is from, and the Habs who he has probably dispised his entire life.

The Bergeron line is fast/quick, talented, Einstienian smart, and very consistent;the first line is big, talented, but a box of chocolates- but when they are good, they are outstanding (and they always show games like yesterday when Lucic was downright fast and scarey physical and good)

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Awesome game last night. Fit for St.Patty. Loved how Hendricks got treated yesterday. Best part was in the tunnel where he gestured "I'm watching you" at some over the top fan lol. Sure got to him. Fun to read the security guard's words as well, good camera crew :handclap: What do we do we Khudobin?! Please work your magic Chia and sign him to a long cheap contract. We are going to be real sorry if we let him walk for nothing.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I love how Brouwer called out Semin and said you never knew when he was going to show up. Same can be said for Ovi too.

Same can be said of Brouwer too.

****ing invisible all day.

Maybe one shouldn't throw stones in a glass house...

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
yah, he's really been like a typical NE March weather. Maybe yesterday will get him going- I isolated on him on the Panthers game and he had great jump.

Three teams you can always count him bringing the focus and energy- his former team, the Leafs from where he is from, and the Habs who he has probably dispised his entire life.

The Bergeron line is fast/quick, talented, Einstienian smart, and very consistent;the first line is big, talented, but a box of chocolates- but when they are good, they are outstanding (and they always show games like yesterday when Lucic was downright fast and scarey physical and good)

I am glad I was not the only one to see that. Got in a few arguments because "Horton sucks and should be waived" after Florida

Ludicrous stuff, really

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
True, he does. He gobbled all of that uppercut.

Want nothing to do w/ a Horton that's going to drop the gloves going forward. I know he disappeared a lot before getting hurt. But some of the stuff you see w/ him tells me he's still waiting for all the cylinders to be firing in regard to his coordination.

People say Bergy is back to what he was before he got hurt. I don't think so. It took something out of him. His hands sometimes. He even had a fair one-timer back then, something we rarely see from him anymore. His decisions seemed so much quicker, or perhaps it was his anticipation. Hard to put your finger on it. Most especially, as you say, those hits. Even when he was 18, guys would put the body on him going into a corner, and he'd send them flying by exploding into them. When he lined someone up, he destroyed them. Seriously, is there any team that's suffered more than us when it's come to injuries resulting from dirty hits? It's infuriating to have to listen to the whining. As if they didn't have good reason, if not pure necessity, to harden the **** up and beat the bag out of people.

Bergeron did the rare thing and became a slightly different player because he probably knew it was the key to longevity. The Bruins are likely the better team for it---although perhaps some of the entertainment factor was lost with Bergeron. He was a great hitter. He's not afraid to hit or be hit, but he won't eliminate anyone anymore.
He's also sacrificed some of his offense in the process, but he became the best defensive forward in the league. He never fails to impress me either way.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Bruins have $56.6M committed to 16 players with a $64.3M cap next season.

Add Horton at this number, and you're at $61.1 with Tuukka Rask to sign.

Move Boychuk for picks/prospects if those are truly the cap figures.

I wouldn't be surprised if we had more to spend than the 3 mil or so that is displayed here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad