GWT: EPL - Matchweek 37 (Ft. MW 34)

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yep because that’s what I said. Not use that gigantic bag of money that was spent on Mount and Antony for players that aren’t horrible. 150M if used wisely could buy you an entire new team which is basically what United need at this point.
Mount was a particularly stupid buy given that it wasn't a need and they had other significant needs at the time.

But remember who you're talking to. Jussi has never seen an excuse for United's incompetence that he isn't willing to support.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yep because that’s what I said. Not use that gigantic bag of money that was spent on Mount and Antony for players that aren’t horrible. 150M if used wisely could buy you an entire new team which is basically what United need at this point.
Yeah Jussi loves the FFP excuse but spending that badly for years is the only reason why they're in FFP hell.
And of course there were players available in January. Heck Lyon spent the most of any team.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What's the point of complaining about past right now?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah Jussi loves the FFP excuse but spending that badly for years is the only reason why they're in FFP hell.
And of course there were players available in January. Heck Lyon spent the most of any team.
I'm not denying that. Just accepting the reality of the present. And the only players United were in need of in January was a striker and the FFP was the reason they couldn't sign one: Ten Hag: Utd can't sign striker in Jan due to FFP

Because you're using excuses linked to the past as well.
It's not an excuse, it's the reality of the present. It doesn't help the discourse complaining about past mistakes everyone knows about all the time. It doesn't help the present at all.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I'm enjoying the "love" Casemiro gets from United supporters. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Hojlund probably thinks he's good enough to start at center-forward for United, I think he's maybe good enough to be a backup if he weren't so laaaaazy. I mean look at the guy "press".

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Mount was a particularly stupid buy given that it wasn't a need and they had other significant needs at the time.

But remember who you're talking to. Jussi has never seen an excuse for United's incompetence that he isn't willing to support.
Oh ffs, I've been complaining about Glazers/Wooodward/the suit department for years. Stop trying to rewrite history to suit your own agenda.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What's the point of complaining about past right now?
Manchester United is at the point they are at because they have been buying stupid for over a decade now. Every team gets injuries. Some teams spend 100M on 3-4 players that fit in the team rather than on one player that doesn’t produce.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The league is so inconsistent on penalty calls. How is this one not a penalty but the Havertz one last week, which was a blatant dive, was?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Manchester United is at the point they are at because they have been buying stupid for over a decade now. Every team gets injuries. Some teams spend 100M on 3-4 players that fit in the team rather than on one player that doesn’t produce.
Not at this level. United have never had this level of injuries ever, especially concentrated in the defense. Sure, SAF had that one game vs Fulham where Fletcher and Carrick played as CBs and United lost 0-3 but nothing like this.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm not denying that. Just accepting the reality of the present. And the only players United were in need of in January was a striker and the FFP was the reason they couldn't sign one: Ten Hag: Utd can't sign striker in Jan due to FFP

It's not an excuse, it's the reality of the present. It doesn't help the discourse complaining about past mistakes everyone knows about all the time. It doesn't help the present at all.
Because the present is directly linked to the past decisions.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm enjoying the "love" Casemiro gets from United supporters. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Hojlund probably thinks he's good enough to start at center-forward for United, I think he's maybe good enough to be a backup if he weren't so laaaaazy. I mean look at the guy "press".
Casemiro has absolutely hit a wall this year which should have been assumed. The wall started during that Crystal Palace game last year (or year before) where he got that stupid red card for slapping a player off the pitch. Since then he’s been slow, dumb, and one of the first names on the sheet for some reason.

I do like Hojlund a lot and think he has potential to be a starting caliber forward but shit United need to stop buying potential or past achievements and start paying for current.

Not at this level. United have never had this level of injuries ever, especially concentrated in the defense. Sure, SAF had that one game vs Fulham where Fletcher and Carrick played as CBs and United lost 0-3 but nothing like this.
Wasn’t it just last year that Liverpool had a single healthy CB for a while?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Because the present is directly linked to the past decisions.
And "everyone" knows it! It's pointless to complain about it NOW. Us United fans have complained about it for years. It's fruitless to continue it ad nauseam.

Casemiro has absolutely hit a wall this year which should have been assumed. The wall started during that Crystal Palace game last year (or year before) where he got that stupid red card for slapping a player off the pitch. Since then he’s been slow, dumb, and one of the first names on the sheet for some reason.

I do like Hojlund a lot and think he has potential to be a starting caliber forward but shit United need to stop buying potential or past achievements and start paying for current.

Wasn’t it just last year that Liverpool had a single healthy CB for a while?
3 years ago. They had 18 centerback pairings but United have gone way past that.

Th Casemiro red card in the Palace game was an absolute joke, It was for alleged choke hold when he was trying hold a player away while looking at another situation and was holding jersey's collar and even apologized to the player for it. The Palace player admitted after that game that it was a harsh red.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
And "everyone" knows it! It's pointless to complain about it NOW. Us United fans have complained about it for years. It's fruitless to continue it ad nauseam.

3 years ago. They had 18 centerback pairings but United have gone way past that.
Well yeah they’ve gone past that because they were trying to find something that worked. This team is in shambles and how you’re just blaming that on injuries is beyond me.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Well yeah they’ve gone past that because they were trying to find something that worked. This team is in shambles and how you’re just blaming that on injuries is beyond me.
I'm not saying it isn't that but do you actually think they'd play this badly with a fully healthy squad? I mean we saw it in January the brief period we had a mostly healthy squad, how different it is. Not to mention last season. Ten Hag has only had a fully healthy squad once in 18 months, I think the City home win last season.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
AWB and Dalot should switch flanks, or just take out AWB at half time, and Mainoo and McTom should switch positions as well, I think this might add some offense to this dreary side.

This game is closer than anyone expected, but it's mostly because Arsenal have been suprisingly passive.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm not saying it isn't that but do you actually think they'd play this badly with a fully healthy squad? I mean we saw it in January the brief period we had a mostly healthy squad, how different it is. Not to mention last season. Ten Hag has only had a fully healthy squad once in 18 months, I think the City home win last season.
Yes I do think they play bad with a fully healthy squad. I also believe expecting a fully healthy squad is not realistic.

• Haha
Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

He's been running on fumes for the past month or so. Kid is only 21 and needs a break but because The Mannequin is injured all the time, can't. He showed earlier in the season he can press.

Reactions: luiginb

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Casemiro was great last year. This year he’s just absolutely stopped putting in any effort. Legitimately the laziest I’ve ever seen a player look.

I think that also ties into issue like Hojlund looking lazy. When so called leaders like Casemiro are fine putting in zero effort and still routinely starting, why should anyone else try?

The manager doesn’t have the competence to actually bench anyone for effort unless it’s the couple players he’s chosen to hate, so no one really have reason to put in effort. They get to collect that fat United paycheck and just jog around for a couple hours.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
AWB and Dalot should switch flanks, or just take out AWB at half time, and Mainoo and McTom should switch positions as well, I think this might add some offense to this dreary side.

This game is closer than anyone expected, but it's mostly because Arsenal have been suprisingly passive.
Harry Amass is the only option and I wouldn't wan't to ruin his confidence in a game like this, he's only 17. Willy's a CB and we don't know how limited his minutes are at this point, coming back from an injury.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

They sucked last year too when you actually watched them play.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Harry Amass is the only option and I wouldn't wan't to ruin his confidence in a game like this, he's only 17. Willy's a CB and we don't know how limited his minutes are at this point, coming back from an injury.
AWB offers zero going forward and lost his man on Arsenal's only goal. Just go with the 17yo at this point. Or heck, put Antony at right back, his numbers in the league are defender-like anyway 😅

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad