Confirmed with Link: Bruins and Kevan Miller agree to four-year, $10 million deal, per agent Peter Fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
haha...I mean maybe, but I'm struggling to see who would be the taker outside of a cap floor team..but even then, is he going to waive his full NTC(has that until 12/31 this year) to go to a cap floor team? Do we end up spending assets just to dump Seidenberg?

edit: Just saw the dumb and dumber reference. Damnit, how did I miss that one!?

Not sure about the reference you reference, but I recently read where Seidenberg said he'd explore moves if the team didn't want to retain him.

member 96824

Not sure about the reference you reference, but I recently read where Seidenberg said he'd explore moves if the team didn't want to retain him.

I definitely believe that..and I'm always very against the whole "he has a NTC so he can't move" stuff because that's very very rarely the case...but at the same time, I can see Seids not exactly rushing to Logan to book a one way flight to Glendale, AZ ya know?

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Thought about this signing...sat on it for about a day to try and reassess. Still hate it. I can't be the only one that finds no positive light in this signing. I HOPE he proves me wrong in the coming seasons but why in the world would we sign K Miller for 4/10m when we drafted as many D as we did in the early draft.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Thought about this signing...sat on it for about a day to try and reassess. Still hate it. I can't be the only one that finds no positive light in this signing. I HOPE he proves me wrong in the coming seasons but why in the world would we sign K Miller for 4/10m when we drafted as many D as we did in the early draft.

Because d-men take years to develop. He doesn't have a NTC.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
What I don't get is if they're just gonna trade McQuaid - why sign him last off-season? I thought that was then picking him long-term over Miller. I think McQuaid is better than Miller so I don't understand why they're choosing Miller. Doesn't make sense to me to sign McQuaid just to trade in favor of a very similar, slightly lesser player the following off-season.

Unless maybe they've spoken with a team already and are thinking about packaging McQuaid for a top 4 guy? Or some team values McQuaid enough to give up something of value?

I don't know, I just know I'd rather have McQuaid over Miller and I'd rather have neither over both so there's my issue. I'll let the off-season play out but I think it's totally understand it that people are not thrilled about this.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
If Miller plays his post late season injury play, this is great.
If Miller returns to his play for the majority of the season, this is average.

Remember who Miller replaces, Irwin *shivers*. For 2.5 mil thats pretty avg for a #5 dman

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
How will people feel if 5 out of the 6 opening night D are:

Chara
Seidenberg
Krug
McQuaid
KMiller

?

And who do people forsee as the most likely missing piece there?

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Is a team a shade out of the playoffs not a team a shade out of the playoffs? They weren't noticeably worse. I mean neither were ****ing good but we are in much better shape moving forward. To say he made things much worse is hyperbole at best, and really just wrong altogether. (...)

Don't you think that they overachieved ?

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Hard to like this one. Redundant signing. As redundant as this sentence. Doesn't show a lot of faith in their young defenseman. More or less the point of drafting and developing is so you don't have to resort to overpaying UFA players relative to what they bring to the table, which is what the Bruins have done in succession now with both McQuaid and Miller.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Hard to like this one. Redundant signing. As redundant as this sentence. Doesn't show a lot of faith in their young defenseman. More or less the point of drafting and developing is so you don't have to resort to overpaying UFA players relative to what they bring to the table, which is what the Bruins have done in succession now with both McQuaid and Miller.

Hit the nail on the head.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Why, do you honestly think he's confused about what he is and what his ability level is compared to other NHL players?

It must be tough to be almost universally panned in the media, from a basic human perspective. Especially considering that much of the fountain of anger appears to stem from the prospective Miller-Seidenberg-McQuaid combination, rather than the isolated contract. Still - some use it as fuel, others wilt. Hopefully he's the former.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It must be tough to be almost universally panned in the media, from a basic human perspective. Especially considering that much of the fountain of anger appears to stem from the prospective Miller-Seidenberg-McQuaid combination, rather than the isolated contract. Still - some use it as fuel, others wilt. Hopefully he's the former.

With how the defense is shaping up, will it matter either way? :naughty:

catsmasher

Mar 8, 2012
Somewhere on earth Don Sweeney is smoking a cigar, hatching the greatest plan ever known. Possibly.

Doubtful. Sweeney is a complete turd. About the only thing worse he could have done was re-upped talbot and kelly. Any day now I guess.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I definitely believe that..and I'm always very against the whole "he has a NTC so he can't move" stuff because that's very very rarely the case...but at the same time, I can see Seids not exactly rushing to Logan to book a one way flight to Glendale, AZ ya know?

Exactly. Seids said to a reporter 'he wouldn't stand in the way, if he wasn't wanted' shortly after signing his current deal. Everybody (media) repeats that quote like it's something new/current.

Sure, that's still something...some media babble...but I don't expect him to just throw away the NTC. I'd imagine the Bruins should get a list from him. Not the end of the world. Just another complication/hurdle. If DS really wants to get it done, he probably can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad