Confirmed with Link: Bruins and Kevan Miller agree to four-year, $10 million deal, per agent Peter Fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
How will people feel if 5 out of the 6 opening night D are:

Chara
Seidenberg
Krug
McQuaid
KMiller

?

And who do people forsee as the most likely missing piece there?

I'd be shocked if that were the opening night D. The worst case scenario I'm expecting is...

Chara
Yandle
Krug
K.Miller
C.Miller
One of Seidenberg or McQuaid.

and I don't think that's half bad. Best case scenario I think they pull someone better than Yandle in a trade.

Last edited:

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I just do not understand signing K.Miller for ,four years at 2.5 million. Just an awful move by Sweeney. I think this will go a long ways towards the Bruins becoming nothing but a pretender.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
So Haggs thinks signing KM was to get the ball rolling with Vesey (same agent), thats all fine but I don't see what that has to do with Vesey personally? I mean, he doesn't care if his agent is getting fat stacks?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
So Haggs thinks signing KM was to get the ball rolling with Vesey (same agent), thats all fine but I don't see what that has to do with Vesey personally? I mean, he doesn't care if his agent is getting fat stacks?

Isn't it obvious? They're bribing the agent through Kevan Miller for him to push his client, Vesey, towards Boston. :naughty:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Developing a good rapport with the agent of a player who the Bruins have heavy interest in would be key in negotiations. They signed his best friend, chumming up with his agent...all part of the wooing process without actually dealing with him directly.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Developing a good rapport with the agent of a player who the Bruins have heavy interest in would be key in negotiations. They signed his best friend, chumming up with his agent...all part of the wooing process without actually dealing with him directly.

There's only one thing wrong there, Peter Fish is also Loui Eriksson's agent, who the Bruins are either short changing on money or term, so to me it is null. And as I said, why would Vesey care? His agents pockets don't impact him in the slightest and his agent in his ear going "yeah sign with these guys" isn't gonna do **** to me, he wants to go into a team that is gonna contend now or very soon and give him the opportunity to succeed.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
There's only one thing wrong there, Peter Fish is also Loui Eriksson's agent, who the Bruins are either short changing on money or term, so to me it is null. And as I said, why would Vesey care? His agents pockets don't impact him in the slightest and his agent in his ear going "yeah sign with these guys" isn't gonna do **** to me, he wants to go into a team that is gonna contend now or very soon and give him the opportunity to succeed.

While this is a good point, I do believe the talks between Eriksson and the Bruins have been " good " overall, even though they haven't come to an agreement. We'll see how that goes, but in any event, I don't see having a good rapport with a player's agent as anything but good when attracting other people in his stable.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I hope the Sweeney slappies are starting to get the idea now. The team is going to be almost identical to last year, particularly the blueline which should be identical down to a man (give or take a spot). I don't believe they'll buy out Seidenberg now because I don't believe they need the cap space. I also think Julien gets to be a Bruin until the end of 2018-2019 (coincidentally the last year of his deal I believe), the year Seids/Chara/Hayes are off the books and the kids we drafted get roster spots. That's the inflection point. I also think we are squarely in the old Toronto Maple Leafs mode now: Moves that don't entirely add up when you consider the sum of their parts, probably a team that any given year could be 8th if it overachieves but could easily also be 13th. And if we hit on those draft picks maybe 2018-2019 is the do over we're all hoping for. We have to pray the scouts get us out of this now.

Btw in a vacuum, keeping the D mediocre till after expansion is actually ok with me if you actually rebuild right. I'm just convinced they don't know how to rebuild.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I hope the Sweeney slappies are starting to get the idea now. The team is going to be almost identical to last year, particularly the blueline which should be identical down to a man (give or take a spot). I don't believe they'll buy out Seidenberg now because I don't believe they need the cap space. I also think Julien gets to be a Bruin until the end of 2018-2019 (coincidentally the last year of his deal I believe), the year Seids/Chara/Hayes are off the books and the kids we drafted get roster spots. That's the inflection point. I also think we are squarely in the old Toronto Maple Leafs mode now: Moves that don't entirely add up when you consider the sum of their parts, probably a team that any given year could be 8th if it overachieves but could easily also be 13th. And if we hit on those draft picks maybe 2018-2019 is the do over we're all hoping for. We have to pray the scouts get us out of this now.

Btw in a vacuum, keeping the D mediocre till after expansion is actually ok with me if you actually rebuild right. I'm just convinced they don't know how to rebuild.

Does anyone really see Jacobs approving the buy-out of Seidenberg to the tune of about 5 million bucks, just for a player to no longer play for them?

I don't.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Does anyone really see Jacobs approving the buy-out of Seidenberg to the tune of about 5 million bucks, just for a player to no longer play for them?

I don't.

I hope they don't. Too many years of dead money. If they get a 1 or a 2, it'll elevate the play on D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad