Confirmed with Link: Bruins and Kevan Miller agree to four-year, $10 million deal, per agent Peter Fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
man, I'm more and more glad I didn't get season tickets for this year.

does this ass clown have any idea what he's doing?

CDonns

Nov 28, 2015
MA
Like the 2.5 mil. Not gonna say it's bad unless they keep McQuaid. If we keep them both then what the ****.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
No, I like McQuiad. I just don't see the need to give Millar those years and dollars.

Why wouldn't you just keep McQuiad? I'm just trying to figure out what they plan on doing.

Does this contract make Miller a little bit cheaper than McQuaid? IIRC McQuaid was at like 2.75. Maybe the plan was to move forward with the cheaper one of the two, and they ended up getting Miller for less. I think there are teams that wouldn't mind McQuaid at 2.75 for a few years.

IDK, that's what I'm hoping for at least. It's too early in the offseason for me to be too critical yet. I personally prefer McQuaid to Miller but I guess there was a reason why they played Miller more than McQuaid...

If they go into the next season with Seidenberg, him, and McQuaid then I agree with a lot of the panic on here. It's just too early for me to join in.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
if they can ditch Seidenberg then I'm lukewarm on this. If they can ditch Seids AND McQuaid then I'm totally fine with it. I think Kevan is actually a really solid bottom pair guy who was just asked to do too much this year.

Agree
Obviously there's a plan behind it. People need to give Sweeney some time before jumping off the ledge.
The draft still a month away.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
as long as they move on from siedenberg, and mcquaid, mcquaid has been a good soldier but injury concerns and slow feet and aging are all against him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Miller tough and can play the Julien system and was getting better as the year went on

Morrow and Trotman look like they are gone

Carlo is probably a good 60-120 AHL games away; Lauzon has another year in the Q' Zboril who knows where he will be playing

Seidenberg may be in trouble here tough to read but I think so

Colin Miller in my viewing struggled in that system where Kevan Miller picked it up

not saying Kevan is more talented but he is a superior defender and can play the Claude system

Tommy Cross my take can play this system

great day for the herd

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
as long as they move on from siedenberg, and mcquaid, mcquaid has been a good soldier but injury concerns and slow feet and aging are all against him.

Ironically the same things are all against the guy they just gave a 4 year deal to.

member 96824

Confirmed three pieces of news:

1. Miller signed
2. Griffith signed
3. It doesn't matter who is in the GM spot because they are not the problem.

Get ****ed Bruins. Get ****ed.

May 7, 2016
Yep this team is absolutely ****ed until Neely and Sweeney are gone, they're clueless. So now one of McQuaid or Miller is a top 4 dman for 3+ years. I'm just waiting for the 5x6 for Loui. Organization is a joke

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
The contract in a vacuum is fine. I think they should have either gotten lower value or shorter term, but I wouldn't lose sleep.

The issue is McQuaid and Seidenberg. If they can ditch McQuaid I can live and if they can ditch Seids even better, but all three being on the roster next season is a disaster.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
if they can ditch Seidenberg then I'm lukewarm on this. If they can ditch Seids AND McQuaid then I'm totally fine with it. I think Kevan is actually a really solid bottom pair guy who was just asked to do too much this year.

Rather not have 2.5M bottom pairing D with no skill on my team.

Bruins had to find a home to Seids to open space for skills and speed in the back end. Now, with that signing, McQuaid also has to go which makes me sad cause I likes him.

Would have kept only McQuaid out of the three. Seems like we are stuck with the 3 of them and having no spot on the back end unless they don't want to play C.Miller/Morrow again this year.

Lock to play every games:

Chara
Krug
Seids
K.Miller
McQuaid

That leaves one spot. Unless there is some trades. There has to be some trades to open some spots. Only Krug knows what to do with the puck among those 5. That was the problem last year, it will remain a problem.

Don't like this signing. at all.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
McQuaid
Kevan
simply can't be on the roster at the same time, and ........ atleast one of them is going to have a top4 role on the team.

What happened to making the team faster, having better D-zone exits, giving kids the chance?

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Does this contract make Miller a little bit cheaper than McQuaid? IIRC McQuaid was at like 2.75. Maybe the plan was to move forward with the cheaper one of the two, and they ended up getting Miller for less. I think there are teams that wouldn't mind McQuaid at 2.75 for a few years.

IDK, that's what I'm hoping for at least. It's too early in the offseason for me to be too critical yet. I personally prefer McQuaid to Miller but I guess there was a reason why they played Miller more than McQuaid...

If they go into the next season with Seidenberg, him, and McQuaid then I agree with a lot of the panic on here. It's just too early for me to join in.

I'm not panicking just yet, but if Millar is a guy they want - McQuaid and Seidenberg have to go.

Just seems to me they could have gotten Millar cheaper and with less years. It feels like a lot of the same at the moment.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Confirmed three pieces of news:

1. Miller signed
2. Griffith signed
3. It doesn't matter who is in the GM spot because they are not the problem.

Get ****ed Bruins. Get ****ed.

So Sweeney says he wants more puck-movement and transition on D.

And wants to get heavier on the wing.

Starts by re-signing Kevan Miller and Seth Griffith.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
I'm done...I'm ****ing done. Whats next Jimmy Hayes getting a 4 year deal? This actually makes the Quader deal look decent. I hate this team.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not panicking just yet, but if Millar is a guy they want - McQuaid and Seidenberg have to go.

Just seems to me they could have gotten Millar cheaper and with less years. It feels like a lot of the same at the moment.

There was zero, absolutely zero, reason to give Kevan Miller a 4 year deal. None.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad