Confirmed with Link: Bruins and Kevan Miller agree to four-year, $10 million deal, per agent Peter Fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It's the Bruins, they'll find away to have another 14th finish :)

This is bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutal and there's no defending this if this is true.

I think it's plenty defendable in a vacuum and at the beginning of the offseason when we don't see what else happens.

Only thing I question is the term considering his shoulder problems, but he is young enough and he will be entering his prime. Defenseman take some time. If the shoulder becomes an issue then well that is what LTIR is for.

I think you are overreacting in a big way, and I'm not even a Kevan Miller guy.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
So at this point it appears the same defense is going to be back next year, because I don't see anyone you can move.

I can't help but think they could have gotten him cheaper with less years..

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'd rather he was gone, and the AAV isn't terrible, 4 years? God lord.

So what now?

Are the Bruins trading McQuaid?

Because if they aren't, and are still intent on bringing in a legit Top 4 RD this summer, just as well deal Colin Miller while he still has some value.

Did Sweeney even watch the World Championships? Because if he did, he would of seen that Canada won Gold without a single, solitary "defensive shut-down D" on their roster.

Right now the Bruins have 9.25 million tied up in three "defensive shut-down D" in 44, 54, and 86.

Not how you win in today's game. Sweeney clearly didn't get the memo. What is the point in trading for or developing right-shot D-men, when the Bruins have the market cornered on slow shut-down 3rd-pairing RD signed for the next 3 seasons.

Espresso Martini

Apr 12, 2016
If this is honestly true I want Sweeney fired, this has to be a very, very bad joke.

McQuaid+Kevan signed longterm, while still having Seids and Chara for 2 more years.
He said the team needs to get faster, the puck moving needs to get better, young kids need to get a chance, that's delivering his promises alright.

Can this be true? Pathetic if it is. How is this them getting better? Miller handles the puck like it is a grenade and is just not good. Please don't quote his +/-.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So at this point it appears the same defense is going to be back next year, because I don't see anyone you can move.

I can't help but think they could have gotten him cheaper with less years..

Do you honestly believe McQuaid has negative value? Because I sure as hell don't.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
if they can ditch Seidenberg then I'm lukewarm on this. If they can ditch Seids AND McQuaid then I'm totally fine with it. I think Kevan is actually a really solid bottom pair guy who was just asked to do too much this year.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If they can unload Seidenberg; then i'm all for it.

Acquire Yandle and it wont be as bad.

Chara C.Miller
Yandle McQuaid
Krug K.Miller

You don't actually think Claude is going to use Colin Miller on his shut-down pairing with Chara while Kevan Miller is still part of his roster? You might see it in fits and spurts, but on a regular basis?

Not a chance that happens.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Contract is fine, having him and McQuaid is not.
Both are solid bottom pairing defensemen who will once again end up in the top 4.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
if they can ditch Seidenberg then I'm lukewarm on this. If they can ditch Seids AND McQuaid then I'm totally fine with it. I think Kevan is actually a really solid bottom pair guy who was just asked to do too much this year.

My thoughts exactly.

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
Seidenberg is breaking down, McQuaid is a freak accident magnet, and Miller has a terrible shoulder. Good news, Providence defensemen, you might log a ton of miles next season.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Rask. The answer is Rask. And us.

Maybe this is a plan to get Rask say yes to a trade?

This goes against everything Sweeney said when he won the job, against everything.

Will be fun trying to sign impact players to Boston when they have McQuaid/Chara/Seids/Kevan still on the team.

I think it's plenty defendable in a vacuum and at the beginning of the offseason when we don't see what else happens.

Only thing I question is the term considering his shoulder problems, but he is young enough and he will be entering his prime. Defenseman take some time. If the shoulder becomes an issue then well that is what LTIR is for.

I think you are overreacting in a big way, and I'm not even a Kevan Miller guy.

?

We have 1 top3D, and now we have 3 expensive slow, brutal puck moving D-players on contracts, how is Sweeney going to fix this team?

It wouldn't be a problem if we didn't have Seids and McQuaid already, but we do.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
It's not the 2.5M that concern me. It's that he'll have a spot on this team for the next 4 years... :help:

Hopefully, there is no NMC so the Bruins can expose him in the expansion draft and, cross my fingers, lose him to Vegas/Québec...

Now, Seids/McQuaid has to go. Can't have those 3 taking 3 spots in the top-6 AND wasting 9.25M on the Cap...

Right now:

Chara-K.Miller
Krug-McQuaid
Seids-C.Miller
Morrow

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Do you honestly believe McQuaid has negative value? Because I sure as hell don't.

No, I like McQuiad. I just don't see the need to give Millar those years and dollars.

Why wouldn't you just keep McQuiad? I'm just trying to figure out what they plan on doing.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

So where do you play Colin Miller and eventually hopefully Carlo, or any other RD they draft if Kevan Miller is where he belongs on the 3rd pair?

Oh yeah let's just feed them to the wolves in the Top 4 right off the bat. That will work.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

Problem is, I don't see them ditching either; maybe Seids, but it seems like a long shot.

This team still seems to have no direction whatsoever.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
latest

Espresso Martini

Apr 12, 2016
I'd rather he was gone, and the AAV isn't terrible, 4 years? God lord.

So what now?

Are the Bruins trading McQuaid?

Because if they aren't, and are still intent on bringing in a legit Top 4 RD this summer, just as well deal Colin Miller while he still has some value.

Did Sweeney even watch the World Championships? Because if he did, he would of seen that Canada won Gold without a single, solitary "defensive shut-down D" on their roster.

Right now the Bruins have 9.25 million tied up in three "defensive shut-down D" in 44, 54, and 86.

Not how you win in today's game. Sweeney clearly didn't get the memo. What is the point in trading for or developing right-shot D-men, when the Bruins have the market cornered on slow shut-down 3rd-pairing RD signed for the next 3 seasons.

Do the Bruins have any "defensive shut-down" D? I don't understand what Sweeney is doing.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
It's not the 2.5M that concern me. It's that he'll have a spot on this team for the next 4 years... :help:

Hopefully, there is no NMC so the Bruins can expose him in the expansion draft and, cross my fingers, lose him to Vegas/Québec...

Now, Seids/McQuaid has to go. Can't have those 3 taking 3 spots in the top-6 AND wasting 9.25M on the Cap...

Right now:

Chara-K.Miller
Krug-McQuaid
Seids-C.Miller
Morrow

Looks very similar to the defense that wasn't nearly good enough last season.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Problem is, I don't see them ditching either; maybe Seids, but it seems like a long shot.

This team still seems to have no direction whatsoever.

Same direction they had under Chiarelli.

Sign mediocre dime-a-dozen 3rd-4th liners and 3rd pairing D-men to long-term deals.

Leave no room on the bottom part of your roster to break in young players.

Meanwhile trade you top players for pennies on the dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad