TSN: Bruins Acquire Jarome Iginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
Pretty crazy that the 1st isn't even guaranteed, but I'll be shocked if the Bruins let Iginla into their program and don't deem him a must sign. This guy is just the perfect fit for the Bruins and what they are looking for. I'll be equally as shocked if Iginla doesn't LOVE it here contending after being in such a tough situation in recent years.

Calgary's getting that 1st, and we are getting Iginla for multiple years.

BoHorvat53

Crabs!
Mar 29, 2010
British Columbia
Not to pile on what likely are a sad bunch of Flames fans now (i don't blame them, dude is a hero in Calgary) but Feaster is a fool.

He didn't want Subban when if he played his hand right, he probably could have landed him (Calgary isn't exactly blooming with good goalie prospects)

Instead he gets an at best 5/6 d-man, a second line forward and a low first round pick.

Honestly if i was him i would have taken Bernier and Tofolli and ran like hell...glad he didn't though :D

They better make sure while they're burning down the rest of the house (no pun intended) that Feaster is still inside

Laurent Brossoit > Malcolm Subban.

Don't mind me, I know Brossoit irl so the homer in me is huge. :D

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
As much as it pains me to cheer for you guys (Leafs fan), I have no choice, if/when the Leafs are eliminated I'm going to be cheering for the Bruins cuz of how much I love Iggy.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Now we need a pick-up on the backend.

But look at the forwards:

Marchand Bergy Seguin
Lucic Krejci Iginla
Peverely Soderberg Horton
Paille Kelly Campbell

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
They also just said Iggy missing tonight's game is the first he's missed in 6 years. WOW. Not checking to see if that's correct

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
This sounds too good to be true. There's no way in hell any GM gives up their franchise player for a good prospect, dime a dozen prospect and a CONDITIONAL first. That's absolute insanity. I know he was cornenred into talking with a few teams but even that should provide sufficient opportunities to drive up the price.

617Marine

Aug 17, 2012
Boston
Love it. Will miss koko's potential, but its Jarome freaking Iginla. Highway robbery with the conditional first.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 31s
Unconfirmed but BOS-CGY appears to be Khokhlachev/Bartkowski/conditional 1st round pick for Iginla. 1st rder conditional on Iggy re-signing.

The pick is conditional. Chiarelli FTW though it's guaranteed Iginla will re-sign.

Conditional 1st? Wow, totally unexpected. If it's true, was highway robbery.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Now we need a pick-up on the backend.

But look at the forwards:

Marchand Bergy Seguin
Lucic Krejci Iginla
Peverely Soderberg Horton
Paille Kelly Campbell

#22 and Daugauvins in the P box ... that is freaking sick.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
This sounds too good to be true. There's no way in hell any GM gives up their franchise player for a good prospect, dime a dozen prospect and a CONDITIONAL first. That's absolute insanity. I know he was cornenred into talking with a few teams but even that should provide sufficient opportunities to drive up the price.

honestly.. the others mustve lost interest

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
If he signs with us the Flames get our first. If he doesn't they don't get it. Those are the conditions.

If it is conditional I would guess it's not 1st or nothing likely a 2nd or 3rd that moves to a 1st on re-signing.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

I think the conditional is more of a formality. They likely just couldn't get the negotiations done in time or fast enough for Chia's liking so they added the condition knowing it's gonna get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad