Post-Game Talk: Bruins 5 - Mike Sullivan's Penguins 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Where is those people that say we cant fire Sully cause there are no good replacements out there. Well this is what happens when you just keep Sully.
It was always the dumbest argument possible. You don't keep a coach who is failing just because you're worried the next guy will also fail.

As I said before, that's like sticking with an abusive, cheating spouse because you're worried the next person you meet might kill you in your sleep.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Good grief. Some of y’all are acting like we didn’t have 15 straight years of Stanley cup contending teams + 4 cup appearances + 3 cups. I want them to win like anyone else here but facts are facts. Teams get old. They get stale. It takes more than five minutes to bring them back into contention.

Buncha Babies

i
It’s also possible that none of the hypothetical moves you mentioned would result in a better present day situation.
Not at all from my perspective. What I do find insulting is when the franchise I follow are completely obtuse or not even attempting to give the appearance of trying to win.

Like trading a #1 pick and a solid prospect for a glue/grit guy and allowing your coach to spit in the GM's face and his decision making. Or how about dumping a young valuable asset for a crusty vet because the player and GM were bff's for over a decade......and you get NOTHING from that young, valuable asset. Or how about keeping your coach and watch him crap all over the franchise by implementing a boring, non aggressive approach that doesn't win anything.

I can handle losing, nothing better to watch than a young team of upstarts that throw energy and battle every night. Combine that with a trusted front office that drafts and develops and I'm all in.

But you think you can lecture me into supporting overpaid crusty vets (and they are overpaid for what they are producing today sans sid) because why? I was here before Mario...... go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
We're going to get the 10th overall pick this year and keep it. Sullivan stays on another season and we give San Jose a top three pick next year. Aren't we?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Interesting game. Crosby doesn't look like himself the last few and the coach getting praised.

Then I get a troll warning for clarifying I didn't lie about the statements about Sully and the trio wanting to play for him the rest of the way. I can see why blokes leave this place, adults being that petty to go that route, enjoy the last 20 or so games.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
What was even worse was the Play by plan and color guy didn't think Sullivan was in trouble one bit. All they talked about was what a great coach he was and how Sid wouldn't want a new coach.

Made me f***ing sick.
Chicken Parm was the pbp guy.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh Penguins hockey is going to get very hard for you very soon.

Having players like we have over the last 30 years is not commonplace.
I made my peace with it a while ago. Three Cups with this group. I am fine. Now we start over.

We are in no different position than any other team who has a great run.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
We won the xG duel again!

I feel kind of liberated now that I no longer feel any urge to watch more than the highlights. If the players don't care, the owners don't care and the coach is trying to outdo himself in stupidity, why should the fans care?

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
It was definitely a better game than against Washington (I know that's not saying much). They were really sharp early, but Ullmark got in the way of what could have been a lead. Unfortunate Graves broken stick on the 2nd, dumb change on the 3rd goal, Pettersson wtf on the 4th. Nice to see EK shooting the puck a lot, I hope he continues to do that for the last 20 games. Bunting looked alright considering he probably had what, one practice. Wish he had buried that breakaway. Reilly Smith continues to be, relative to expectations, the worst player on the team. Sid looks flat. I'm sure he's not happy with everything going on, but I also wonder if part of the issue is that it's just harder to sustain that physically intense style along the boards when you're 36, even if he is still a phenomenal athlete. It's one of the reasons I think a switch in team style would be good next year. He's still a strong skater, they need to take advantage of his skills more in transition (+Geno, EK, Letang, and Rust).

What was even worse was the Play by plan and color guy didn't think Sullivan was in trouble one bit. All they talked about was what a great coach he was and how Sid wouldn't want a new coach.

Made me f***ing sick.

Because Sullivan has two Cups he will always have the label of "great coach" among broadcasters and former players, no matter how long ago those Cups were. I can see why the 16 and 17 teams were so good under him but the game has changed since then and he hasn't kept up. And to be frank, if Malkin were the player he was in 11-12, we aren't even talking about Sully because #71 alone would have dragged the team to a playoff berth.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Crosby:
Hey Jake, you look a little different…

Attachments

• IMG_3143.jpeg
    IMG_3143.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 2

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
We're going to get the 10th overall pick this year and keep it. Sullivan stays on another season and we give San Jose a top three pick next year. Aren't we?
That's what I'm afraid of. We keep Sullivan, and just get worse.

We certainly aren't on the trajectory of getting better. Would rather just give SJ our pick this season. Next year we are going to be worse.

OT: The most predictable thing in the post game press conference, is that Bunting's nickname is "Bunts".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad