Post-Game Talk: Bruins 5 - Mike Sullivan's Penguins 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I don’t agree at all.

Getting a top 5 draft pick and nailing it could easily make this team retool quickly to a playoff team.

Wouldn’t be a contender and ultimately awful for the rebuild. But, there are NHL ready talents in this draft.
Maybe with a new coach, not with Sully.

Reactions: akapidots

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I don’t agree at all.

Getting a top 5 draft pick and nailing it could easily make this team retool quickly to a playoff team.

Wouldn’t be a contender and ultimately awful for the rebuild. But, there are NHL ready talents in this draft.
Yeah I agree with that.

If the Pens get a top 5 pick and draft a star player with said pick, that pretty much fast tracks the rebuild. Getting one big star like that would be enough that the Pens could build around them with a few other shrewd picks and free agent signings.

This team always has stupidly good luck in the draft so here's hoping that continues

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
1710026585488.png

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah I agree with that.

If the Pens get a top 5 pick and draft a star player with said pick, that pretty much fast tracks the rebuild. Getting one big star like that would be enough that the Pens could build around them with a few other shrewd picks and free agent signings.

This team always has stupidly good luck in the draft so here's hoping that continues

Nah. It does not fast track the rebuild at all. But it could easily make this team a playoff team within a year or two with Yager and that prospect hitting.

Long term we are likely incredibly mid though.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Ngl it's kinda fun cheering for other teams (in my case the Canes and Jets) without any real investment and having zero shits given about the teams current results. Better than being legitimately good but having it choked away in a crushing fashion (2021, 2022) and waaaaaay better than knowing you're bad and watching them vomit all over themselves up to the last game of the season pretending they aren't (2023). Celebrini time baby.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's so sad that we're here like "Dude... Follow me here; if this team drafts top-5 and lands an absolute stud that's able to jump in immediately and be a significant impact player and Yager reaches his ceiling they might be one of half the teams in the league to make the playoffs in a couple years."

This franchise is utter dysfunction and embarrassment. :laugh:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
It's so sad that we're here like "Dude... Follow me here; if this team drafts top-5 and lands an absolute stud that's able to jump in immediately and be a significant impact player and Yager reaches his ceiling they might be one of half the teams in the league to make the playoffs in a couple years."

That is literally the cycle of life in sports. I don't see what is dysfunctional about it?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Nah. It does not fast track the rebuild at all. But it could easily make this team a playoff team within a year or two with Yager and that prospect hitting.

Long term we are likely incredibly mid though.
The hope really is you get a Celebrini or someone like that and then hit a home run with one of your other picks (ie how the Pens got Letang with a third) and then you're off and running.

Or maybe the Pens win the lottery this year, suck again next year, and then by 2026 they suck again and get Mckenna. Then your core is Celebrini + Mckenna. Boom. done.

Let me have my fantasies. I'll need them to get through this next decade :laugh:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So, tell me again why the core will want to go through three more years where most nights will be like the last couple of games?

Because we are so likable here in Pittsburgh?

Reactions: farscape1

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
So, tell me again why the core will want to go through three more years where most nights will be like the last couple of games?

Because we are so likable here in Pittsburgh?
Things can change fast. It's not inevitable that the team will outright bottom out.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

What is sad about rooting for the Pittsburgh Penguins?

Aren’t you always going off about how you root for the team not the players or something?

This is what 28 of the teams are like every year. Most teams don’t have top 5 and top 50 players of all time.. ever.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
We keep our first rounder if it lands in the top ten right? Just want to make sure

Never heard that one before but I love it.

Also Conkers FTW
They get to choose.

I paid $300 to watch this team win in OT vs Vancouver about two weeks ago. Don't think I'll watch another game this year or next if Sullivan is coaching.

Its so incredibly beyond time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad