Post-Game Talk: Bruins 5 - Mike Sullivan's Penguins 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The last great thing Sid and Geno can do for this team is force them to commit to a rebuild by retiring or asking to be dealt in the next year or so. :laugh: That's how shitty and stupid this dogshit organization is. As long as those two are around, particularly Sid, they're just gonna be too petrified with indecision to do anything so it's more of this godawful on-ice product.

And I really don't think Sullivan will want to coach a teardown/rebuild phase. He'd have a new job the second a team fired their coach if he wanted it.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Well, if you'll all excuse me I'm gonna go load up tankathon and keep re-doing the lottery until we win it. Gotta get my draft fantasies going

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
oxNEcoe.gif

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I hope the next coach is some nobody. A coach from Europe, some AHL/NCAA/Junior coach, somethin'. There's a very finite amount of time a coach can work in this league before things just erode and you're left with "play 'em to a draw" hockey which prioritizes the wrong kinds of players, whether you want to win or whether the fans want to be entertained.

Reactions: akapidots

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I’d prefer to keep him and let him tank the season at this point.
I think if he does get fired it would be in the off season. There's absolutely zero reason to do it now unless Dubas is concerned that someone will scoop up his replacement before the Pens get a shot at them.

But I don't think he gets fired because this organization is dumb as rocks.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I would not be shocked to see us get a top 5 pick this year.

Our schedule in March is brutal, Mike Sullivan is our coach, Tristan Jarry is our goaltender.

Sidney Crosby is checked out.

Could be cool.
If we get a top 5 pick that means this team is a lottery team from now on under Sullivan no matter what.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
If we get a top 5 pick that means this team is a lottery team from now on under Sullivan no matter what.

I don’t agree at all.

Getting a top 5 draft pick and nailing it could easily make this team retool quickly to a playoff team.

Wouldn’t be a contender and ultimately awful for the rebuild. But, there are NHL ready talents in this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad