Post-Game Talk: Bruins 4, Pens 3 - SCR Combined Corsi < 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Pens PP didn't miss Malkin. 3 of 5 with him this year against Boston. 1 of 5 with 1 shorty against without.

EDIT: Hagelin and Cole are the only Pens with Corsi numbers over 50%. Yikes.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
This game...

giphy.gif

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Injuries played a role, yes but the boys sure made it easy on the Bruins to win this one.

Kunitz-Jake-Horny were the only ones that showed anything.

Dmen were all awful.

Puck management was terrible.

Refs were a joke.

Couldn't hold the blueline to save their lives.

Not much of anything to like about this game.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Some pushback in the third, but not enough.

The lines are a mess and the D still have their moments. Ignoring the absence of Malkin, the lines looked like they no clue out there.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Sullivan has been very questionable this season. The team has looked bad too often and he is riding lines that have been terrible for weeks.

Sully needs to wake the **** up.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Top 6 Corsi Numbers:

Guentzel - 21%
Sheary - 25%
Wilson - 25%
Horny - 28%
Rust - 32%
Sid - 33%

And that's with all of them having 50% or better zone starts

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Ugly again, often just listless out there.

Rust does not work on Crosby's wing. Not sure why this is still happening.

HBK isn't working this season. Separate them and try it again for a game or two in March. For now, they need to be away from each other.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Wow, the agendas are really out in full force tonight. Jesus.

Is it an agenda to not like SCR or to mock the one poster here who insisted the PP is better off without Geno? Just trying to keep track . . . :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Injuries played a role, yes but the boys sure made it easy on the Bruins to win this one.

Kunitz-Jake-Horny were the only ones that showed anything.

Dmen were all awful.

Puck management was terrible.

Refs were a joke.

Couldn't hold the blueline to save their lives.

Not much of anything to like about this game.

No Geno on the PP? :sarcasm:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I mean, you expect to have struggles minus G, Tang and Cullen but whoever said Sully isn't doing his job is correct.

SCR + HBK takes 2 lines totally out of the game before you even drop the puck every night.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
Sullivan has been very questionable this season. The team has looked bad too often and he is riding lines that have been terrible for weeks.

Sully needs to wake the **** up.

Seriously, I used to think he followed some analytics because of how amazing the team was last year analytically. I thought it was by design but these lines are making me think otherwise.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Wonder what happens if we don't give up that cheap goal on our own power play. Was that all Sheary or was there a dumb line change as well? I asked because it feels like we've conceded a few on bad line changes this season.

I don't wanna get too over the top because Sullivan's fixed it every time things have looked janked up so far but, well, this looks janked up. Sheary-Crosby-Rust doesn't get it done. Kessel is seemingly incapable of driving play on his line and Bonino is seemingly incapable of playing at an NHL standard. I don't know how you change this team up but something has gotta give, particularly once we get Geno back.

If Crosby with Horny isn't going to be a thing, can we go get a version of Horny he will play with?

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Don't blame the refs, blah, blah, blah,...

But there are games where these guys have a direct result in the outcome, and thus game was one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad