Injury Report: Bruins 2022 Injured List

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGS

Jan 21, 2014
Portland, OR
I don't think this is a matter of Monty "deciding who has to play" or anything like that. Almost every player on our squad is experienced and knows EXACTLY what they need to do to be in the best position for success when the playoff puck drops. I'm confident that the guys playing tonight want to stay in top form, keep timing sharp, get more reps in on set plays and tactics, etc and feel that the benefits of this extra time on ice outweigh the risk of injury. I trust our group.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
I honestly don’t have a good sense right now of how banged up we are going into the playoffs. It’s a weird scenario where there has been a lot of smoke around some pretty key guys, but also could be totally precautionary.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I honestly don’t have a good sense right now of how banged up we are going into the playoffs. It’s a weird scenario where there has been a lot of smoke around some pretty key guys, but also could be totally precautionary.

I get the sense there is soreness that takes time to heal and is best healed when you're not constantly moving it and getting hit, the fact we dominated created a luxury for Monty. He knows they can throw those guys in there and by keeping it coy he's really f***ing with other team's abilities to gameplan.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
I get the sense there is soreness that takes time to heal and is best healed when you're not constantly moving it and getting hit, the fact we dominated created a luxury for Monty. He knows they can throw those guys in there and by keeping it coy he's really f***ing with other team's abilities to gameplan.
Yeah, I sense you are right. I think we are banged up and he’s playing head games (as he should). I am glad we have depth, although I am concerned with Ullmarks ability to ride it out. I like swayman but I think there’s a much bigger drop off there than most realize.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Yeah, I sense you are right. I think we are banged up and he’s playing head games (as he should). I am glad we have depth, although I am concerned with Ullmarks ability to ride it out. I like swayman but I think there’s a much bigger drop off there than most realize.
Playing the contrarian card Ullmark has 2 games played in the playoffs with a .860 S&.

That said, I would still feel more comfortable with Ullmark in net game 1 though. :laugh:

Reactions: BBruins

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Unlike Forbort, Foligno was not placed on LTIR retroactively. He was placed on LTIR on April 8 so, that is 4 games and 6 days on LTIR.

I'm not sure if that tells us anything.

Does it mean he has to stay on LTIR longer, or is LTIR just not a thing now that the season is over?

Not asking to speculate on injuries, just asking the technicals of it

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Does it mean he has to stay on LTIR longer, or is LTIR just not a thing now that the season is over?

Not asking to speculate on injuries, just asking the technicals of it

The rule states "10 games and 24 days".

I'm not sure how that applies to the playoffs. I would imagine that if it did not apply, they would have placed in on LTIR retroactively to March 2 and meeting the rules.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
The rule states "10 games and 24 days".

I'm not sure how that applies to the playoffs. I would imagine that if it did not apply, they would have placed in on LTIR retroactively to March 2 and meeting the rules.
Can't find anything about playoffs.

It is 10 games and 24 days OF THE NHL SEASON. Those key words are confusing. Like with the cap, the "season" has ended. idk, I imagine everybody will be there if and when needed.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Unlike Forbort, Foligno was not placed on LTIR retroactively. He was placed on LTIR on April 8 so, that is 4 games and 6 days on LTIR.

I'm not sure if that tells us anything.

All LTIR and IR designations are automatically retroactive. The filing paperwork requires the team to specify the date of the player injury.

Reactions: Grumpy Grizz

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Do we know what happened to Bergeron yet?
They're calling it a higher body issue. Monty has said "he'll be fine ..something that he has dealt with before".
Two former injuries that were higher up.... concussion (2007 and 2008) and shoulder injury (separated in 2013)
In the last couple weeks he has taken a few high shots most notably vs Montreal.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
985thesportshub.com

It sure sounds like the Bruins better let Nick Foligno play in Game 1

Good luck to anybody who tries telling Bruins winger Nick Foligno he is not playing in Game 1.
985thesportshub.com
985thesportshub.com
“I think I’ve made all the threats I need to make to everybody,” a smiling Foligno said when asked if there was anything that could or would keep him out of Game 1. “So hopefully that did the trick and I’ll be back for Game 1.”

“I feel great,” Foligno, who was on crutches and with a heavy-looking brace on his knee about a month ago, offered. “Physically and mentally, just [feeling] really good and used the time wisely that I had unfortunately been given to reset in a lot of ways and be ready for this.”

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
They're calling it a higher body issue. Monty has said "he'll be fine ..something that he has dealt with before".
Two former injuries that were higher up.... concussion (2007 and 2008) and shoulder injury (separated in 2013)
In the last couple weeks he has taken a few high shots most notably vs Montreal.

That was my thought as well. He took two high hits in a row. Hopefully they are just being careful here.

Bergie was really angry about them too - and we all know how strongly (and rightly so) feels about head shots. The fact that he got so angry at the time worried me a bit because it meant he felt them.

Agaiin, though, he didn’t appear to get hit in Montreal so I’m going with them being careful with him.

Reactions: nORRis8

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
That was my thought as well. He took two high hits in a row. Hopefully they are just being careful here.

Bergie was really angry about them too - and we all know how strongly (and rightly so) feels about head shots. The fact that he got so angry at the time worried me a bit because it meant he felt them.

Agaiin, though, he didn’t appear to get hit in Montreal so I’m going with them being careful with him.
Can’t see it being anything to do with concussion symptoms he wouldn’t be in and out of the lineup ,they would have shut him down completely,or I sure hope they would have anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad