Injury Report: Bruins 2022 Injured List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

SUNRISE, Fla. — A definitive 6-2 win in Game 4 by the Bruins on Sunday, delivering them to a 3-1 playoff series lead over the rapidly disintegrating Panthers, left coach Jim Montgomery equally definitive and adamant about the immediate future of his two star injured centers.
If Patrice Bergeron and/or David Krejci are good to go for Game 5 Wednesday night at the Garden, then count on 37 and 46 in the lineup.
No ifs, no buts, no calculating where the series stands, and whether more time on the sidelines would best serve the two elite thirtysomethings.

“If . . . they . . . and the doctors say they are able to play,” said Montgomery, very deliberate with his words in the postgame presser, “they’re playing. You don’t take chances in the playoffs. You don’t wait and . . . ‘Oh, he’s going to get another eight days of rest.’ If he is healthy, and we know what the situation is . . . if he gets the green light, he’s playing on Wednesday.”

Asked to clarify his point, and whether he meant just one of the centers, Montgomery said he was speaking about both.

“Especially Bergeron,” added Montgomery, who has been without the team captain for all four games. “I have higher hopes for him playing than Krejci . . . from [the standpoint] of medical timeline . . . checking the boxes.”

But no need to look at the timeline. One or both will play if the docs give the OK. At least that was the calculation as the Bruins boarded the the team bus here in the Florida twilight.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Also Globe:

Ullmark received treatment​

Linus Ullmark, now 3-1, was not made available to the media prior to boarding the bus. The club’s media staff said only said that he was “receiving treatment.”

Ullmark a number of times in the four games was slow to get back on his feet after saves. He has not suffered any obvious injury.

Most likely “receiving treatment” was an excuse for the presumptive Vezina winner not to meet with the media and be asked about his late-game dust-up with Matthew Tkachuk.

If he is laboring with some injury, be it minor or worse, the 3-1 series lead now would allow Montgomery easily to call on Jeremy Swayman for Game 5. Keeping Swayman sharp, though of little concern at the moment amid a two-game lead, could prove to be smart move.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I think next game we see Swayman and Bergeron but no David K. They will wrap this up tomorrow no matter what the lineup is. I think Linus has a hip injury as he seemed to tap it when talking to the bench when he left the game yesterday

Reactions: TCB

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Gudas hacked DK in the first game, think it was late first period, DK went off almost immediately but played through it the rest of the game, no clue but maybe that`s it?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I think next game we see Swayman and Bergeron but no David K. They will wrap this up tomorrow no matter what the lineup is. I think Linus has a hip injury as he seemed to tap it when talking to the bench when he left the game yesterday

I bet a thousand of @Gee Wally 's money they don't wrap it up tomorrow :jump:

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I bet a thousand of @Gee Wally 's money they don't wrap it up tomorrow :jump:
Whoa.
Why the negative vibes ?
B's coming back home, up 3-1, Bergie maybe back, at least he's in the locker room.
Positive thoughts.

Whoa.
Why the negative vibes ?
B's coming back home, up 3-1, Bergie maybe back, at least he's in the locker room.
Positive thoughts.
Now I see, it's the day of the game issue.
Trixie.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
God I hope Krejci is back during this run not only does it make our lines and depth stronger but it creates match up we can exploit. To be greedy as well I just love watching Krejci play he’s so smart and has some silky mitts….

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
God I hope Krejci is back during this run not only does it make our lines and depth stronger but it creates match up we can exploit. To be greedy as well I just love watching Krejci play he’s so smart and has some silky mitts….
All hands on deck would be nice. Additionally if it's his last year you want him playing, and if they win the cup, would want him to contribute. Yes if he were out, his name goes on the cup, but you want him to be a contributor.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Krejci, is in for "testing,"according to Montgomery. Edit according to Conroy... I have a feeling we have seen the last of Krejci.
No offense, but that‘s a pretty Eeyore outlook. I’m preferring to go the Tiger route and hop(e) a more positive outlook.

Reactions: HustleB

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

David Krejci skated on his own for 20 minutes ahead of Tuesday’s practice.
Coach Jim Montgomery said the second-line center is “progressing well” from an upper-body injury, but he will not be available for Game 5.
Montgomery did add that Krejci — set to miss his third straight game — “potentially” could play in a Game 6, if necessary, on Friday.

Reactions: Raleighfern

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
All hands on deck would be nice. Additionally if it's his last year you want him playing, and if they win the cup, would want him to contribute. Yes if he were out, his name goes on the cup, but you want him to be a contributor.
Yeah, and he deserves to have that contribution factor. Guy has been an absolutely incredible teammate. The epitomy of a team first player and person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad