Boston
Sounds like zboril and Miller will play Thursday which is good news

but very concerning that the bruins provided zero update on Lauzon

I fear it may be a long term injury

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
What's the status of Steven Kampfer? I know he opted out on return to play because of family health issues. He'd be a valuable fill in if he were available. But he may not and also may need time to get into game shape.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
What's the status of Steven Kampfer? I know he opted out on return to play because of family health issues. He'd be a valuable fill in if he were available. But he may not and also may need time to get into game shape.

he’s on the team “taxi squad” and available to play whenever

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
He is on the Taxi squad for the Bruins

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Pure speculation here - but just looking at the incident that injured Lauzon, there is a forceful motion pushing his upper arm and shoulder upwards and backwards that I could easily see causing him a dislocation or some form of labral or rotator cuff tear if he got caught in just the wrong spot. Hopefully whatever it is isn't too bad, but unfortunately this is definitely one of those impacts that looks pretty innocuous but just because of the angle could result in a serious injury.

Reactions: DKH

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Pure speculation here - but just looking at the incident that injured Lauzon, there is a forceful motion pushing his upper arm and shoulder upwards and backwards that I could easily see causing him a dislocation or some form of labral or rotator cuff tear if he got caught in just the wrong spot. Hopefully whatever it is isn't too bad, but unfortunately this is definitely one of those impacts that looks pretty innocuous but just because of the angle could result in a serious injury.

On the right shoulder where he got hit?

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
On the right shoulder where he got hit?

Yeah - you can see in the slow-mo footage that Farabee catches Lauzon's right upper arm as it's partially extended, and pushes it slightly up and back against the shoulder joint. So you have force pressing the top of the humerus into the shoulder socket, and that's often when injuries can happen to the tendons around that joint.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yeah - you can see in the slow-mo footage that Farabee catches Lauzon's right upper arm as it's partially extended, and pushes it slightly up and back against the shoulder joint. So you have force pressing the top of the humerus into the shoulder socket, and that's often when injuries can happen to the tendons around that joint.

Okay cuz I saw pics of him walking off to the room and it looked like he was favoring his left arm/shoulder. Too tough to tell though

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Okay cuz I saw pics of him walking off to the room and it looked like he was favoring his left arm/shoulder. Too tough to tell though

In the pic you posted earlier (thanks for that by the way) the trainer is holding his right arm, which is also where he got hit. I haven't seen any other images but I'd be surprised if it's anything other than a right arm/shoulder injury.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Exactly what happened to me. Surgery, 6 weeks in sling, and rehab.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Well that stinks, he was playing very well. Hopefully the injury & surgery doesn't have a negative impact on his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad