Bruins 2015-16 PRESEASON - Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
I think the D will be fine after seeing how much some of the kids have improved. I still worry about the teams ability to score goals however.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk

That forward group doesn't look that bad, but sad that Julien didn't test different top9 combos.

Beleskey is a mucker and a 3rd liner. Love his heart, commit and gumption but NOT a 1st line player. Will (unfortunately) be getting the Lapointe treatment by midseason. 17-20-37 is what I see and I don't see ANY top 3 guy with those number on anything but a cellar team...

They have a crash / pass / shoot set-up on every line which is good on paper if the crash isn't stuck chasing the play (which they will be doing on L1 and L3.)

This roster need another top 6 player big time...! Never mind the D...

Still a fan, love the team, but going to be a tough year IMO.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Don't think it be a smart idea to break up the Spooner line after they finally started gelling the other night. I would however like to swap Eriksson and Beleskey but unsure if Beleskey can even play on the right side. I'd rather have Pasta with Spooner so they can play their speed game but I can see why Clode doesn't want to do it, and its all D related. I don't thik these lines will go unchanged for the season, they will tweak them, I don't see Hayes staying on the left side.

Gotta remember though, Krejci isn't line 1 anymore. He's line 2 at best, so the 'top line winger' argument for Beleskey isn't really fair.

Last edited:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'd like them to try

Marchand-Krejci-Loui
Belesky-Bergeon-Pasta
Hayes-Spooner-Connolly
Randell-Kelly-Rinaldo

Splitting up the two best pairs the B's have in Bergeron/Marchand and Krejci/Pasta? And in wrecking that, not doing it to rehash the Spooner/Pasta combo that actually looked pretty good with Krejci's absence?

It's either Czechs Mix or Pasta with a Spoon - I can't see B/B/P working. Now if you're talking about trying it in camp just to shake things up when you've already determined what lines work...fine. But I don't see the top 6 lines working unless there's an injury.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Splitting up the two best pairs the B's have in Bergeron/Marchand and Krejci/Pasta? And in wrecking that, not doing it to rehash the Spooner/Pasta combo that actually looked pretty good with Krejci's absence?

It's either Czechs Mix or Pasta with a Spoon - I can't see B/B/P working. Now if you're talking about trying it in camp just to shake things up when you've already determined what lines work...fine. But I don't see the top 6 lines working unless there's an injury.

It's a new season with a bunch of new players, it's time to forget the old and start new. Just cause it worked at one time doesn't mean there isn't a better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad