Bruins 2015-16 PRESEASON - Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Tommy Cross has been put on waivers:

As for the other cuts, nothing official yet. But I noticed that Anton Blidh, Alex Khokhlachev and Ben Sexton are no longer listed on Bruins' roster.

Caron. :laugh:
We all know the Clode is praying to the hockey gods for Jordy to be back in Boston.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston

As for the other cuts, nothing official yet. But I noticed that Anton Blidh, Alex Khokhlachev and Ben Sexton are no longer listed on Bruins' roster.

But what if they claimed Caron.

No give surprises in cuts today. Wonder how long we have until Koko is traded

CrazyEights

Apr 18, 2015
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Ferlin, Khokhlachev, and Blidh sent down.

Should be one more cut to the forward group.

Also Sexton, DeFazio. The only guys remaining are Seth Griffith (who is probably still injured), Tyler Randell and Kemp. Chriss Breen still on the roster but I guess he will be sent down as well. That means there are 9 remaining d-men (not counting Breen and Cross), but since Seids is injured, they probably won't cut anyone else for the time being.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Thanks for reminding me to check the roster. Apparently, we gained 14 pounds of pasta over the summer.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Woah, adding onto this. Did Eriksson lose over 10lbs?

According to the wayback machine, yes:

Sometime in January 2015:
http://web.archive.org/web/20150116125518/http://bruins.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Now:
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Bergeron up a pound and shrunk an inch.
Eriksson down 13 pounds (!?)
Kelly down 5.
Krejci down 2.
Marchand down 2.
Pasta up 14.
Chara down 5.
Krug up 5.
McQuaid up 3 and shrunk an inch.
K Miller dead even.
Seidenberg down 12 (!!!???) and shrunk an inch.
Rask down 9 and grew an inch.

And back to topic, I sure as hell hope Cross makes it though waivers, and I hope he gets a shot at the NHL this year. He looked good in the preseason. I know it's too much to hope for another Boychuk, but....

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Maybe he got a haircut.

Bergeron DID convince him to do Cuts for a Cause this year, while Thornton couldn't the year before....and I still haven't forgiven Bergeron for that. If anyone should be allowed to keep the hair, it's Eriksson.

Bruins announced cuts officially, and it's pretty much everyone who's been mentioned and was cut from the website's roster: Blidh, Breen, DeFazio, Ferlin, Koko, and Sexton. The five candidates for the fourth line are Kelly, Talbot, Kemp, Rinaldo, Randell. Griffith is on the list still, too, and maybe he sticks around on IR - can they move him back to Providence when he's injured?

We also only have 7 available D - there are 10 on the list, minus Cross, Seidenberg, and Chara. There were rumors of a 23-man roster with 8 D....still a chance for someone to be called up?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Is randell the only guy from Providence remaining?

Hasn't Ferlin been more impressive?

Great vets like Talbot and Kelly get a free pass again

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Kelly has played very well in preseason so he's most certainly earned his spot.

Talbot has had flashes but Randell has outplayed him.

Ferlin has been impressive but he needs a full year in the AHL as he's only been pro for less than a year.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I do find it amazing that after so many years people don't realize that the organization actually really values Chris Kelly a great deal

I posted this yesterday. Teams try to maximize their resources early in seasons. You want players in the minors who can come up and contribute when the inevitable injuries occur. So that does mean that sometimes a veteran like Talbot will be kept while someone like Ferlin is sent down. Talbot is a solid vet who can contribute in a number of ways and does so for dirt cheap. You keep a guy like that around as long as you can

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle

I'm going to take the optimistic route and say that guys like Kelly & Talbot are kept there at least in the first few months of the season at this point for direction and leadership roles. Neely touched today on the fact that if you are in the playoff picture by Thanksgiving you tend to stay there, if the new guys on the top lines/pairings gel enough to make that happen maybe then you start seeing rotations come in.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I'm ready for the regular season.

Looks like at this point the team is mostly deciding who is playing on the 4th line (maybe 3rd) and the defensive pairings until Chara comes back. They have plenty of time to work out which Ds are sticking around while Seids heals up. A part of me thinks we may end up moving a Dman-just seems like there are several NHL ready players in the depth chart and both C Miller and Morrow have earned staying with the big club.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Kelly has played very well in preseason so he's most certainly earned his spot.

Talbot has had flashes but Randell has outplayed him.

Ferlin has been impressive but he needs a full year in the AHL as he's only been pro for less than a year.

i suppose it'll be nice watching chris kelly this year, since his $3 million salary doesn't affect the bruins much - if at all. always liked him as a player, just not as a 3rd liner, and certainly not at that salary. if sweeney can flip him for a 3rd round pick in march, that'd be a score.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I do find it amazing that after so many years people don't realize that the organization actually really values Chris Kelly a great deal

I posted this yesterday. Teams try to maximize their resources early in seasons. You want players in the minors who can come up and contribute when the inevitable injuries occur. So that does mean that sometimes a veteran like Talbot will be kept while someone like Ferlin is sent down. Talbot is a solid vet who can contribute in a number of ways and does so for dirt cheap. You keep a guy like that around as long as you can

I don't agree with ANY of this. Kelly is here because nobody will take him in a trade or he won't accept a trade to a team that will take him. This isn't a fact but it's a popular rumor. He's nothing special. There are so many players that can play a defensive game while scoring 7 goals that cost less than $3m. I don't blame Kelly for his contract but you don't keep a guy like him around as long as possible as you said. I hope this is his last year on the team.

Also, Talbot is even worse. He's just taking a roster spot away from a kid during a season that should be for evaluating young talent.

i suppose it'll be nice watching chris kelly this year, since his $3 million salary doesn't affect the bruins much - if at all. always liked him as a player, just not as a 3rd liner, and certainly not at that salary. if sweeney can flip him for a 3rd round pick in march, that'd be a score.

A GM would have to make as dumb of a decision as Sweeney did acquiring Rinaldo for a 3rd to give up the same thing for Kelly. Plus with his NTC it's even harder. Just let him finish out this season and let him go.

Disclaimer: I don't dislike Kelly as a person. I dislike PC for giving him the contract that seems to never end.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I hope Cross clears, he's definitely built off his past season and what I saw in the playoffs against Hartford

Don't see them cutting Kemp, he was solid all around and looked to have higher than bottom line potential

Im actually really happy with the bottom 6, not really sure who Id put in

It's guys like Hayes and Beleskey im still concerned about to a degree, Hayes less so

The defense is going to be very interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad