Bruins 2015-16 PRESEASON - Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
A GM would have to make as dumb of a decision as Sweeney did acquiring Rinaldo for a 3rd to give up the same thing for Kelly. Plus with his NTC it's even harder. Just let him finish out this season and let him go.

Disclaimer: I don't dislike Kelly as a person. I dislike PC for giving him the contract that seems to never end.

i don't think it's an unreasonable possibility. versatile bottom 6 forward that won a cup, i bet several teams would be interested at the deadline. bruins could also retain salary to assist a deal. this is obviously dependent upon them being out of the race, but i'd say that's a decent shot.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't agree with ANY of this. Kelly is here because nobody will take him in a trade or he won't accept a trade to a team that will take him. This isn't a fact but it's a popular rumor. He's nothing special. There are so many players that can play a defensive game while scoring 7 goals that cost less than $3m. I don't blame Kelly for his contract but you don't keep a guy like him around as long as possible as you said. I hope this is his last year on the team.

Also, Talbot is even worse. He's just taking a roster spot away from a kid during a season that should be for evaluating young talent.

A GM would have to make as dumb of a decision as Sweeney did acquiring Rinaldo for a 3rd to give up the same thing for Kelly. Plus with his NTC it's even harder. Just let him finish out this season and let him go.

Disclaimer: I don't dislike Kelly as a person. I dislike PC for giving him the contract that seems to never end.

IF this team is at the deadline and feels it could lose Kelly and things would be ok or if they are out of a playoff spot, I`d argue there would be absolutely no problem finding playoff bound teams looking to add a vet with a ring and two other Cup final experiences on his resume who can play multiple positions

This is his last year of the contract and I`ll wager he`d waive to go anywhere to give himself a chance to make a run for a Cup seeing as he`d be an UFA in a few months anyways

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

That forward group doesn't look that bad, but sad that Julien didn't test different top9 combos.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That's your regular season starting lineup. I expect the D will be the same.

I like the depth that group has, 4 lines we can ice without being scared everytime they step into ice and have 3 strong defensive lines that can help out our D.
Looks balanced to me.

I'm waiting nervously to see what our D group looks like, been a long offseaso and a lot of talk on that front.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I like the depth that group has, 4 lines we can ice without being scared everytime they step into ice and have 3 strong defensive lines that can help out our D.
Looks balanced to me.

I'm waiting nervously to see what our D group looks like, been a long offseaso and a lot of talk on that front.

That's what I kind of thought would happen

Talbot is chia guy
Rinaldo plays Talbot spot & DS traded for Zac
Kelly vet leadership & skill > Talbot

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston

That forward group doesn't look that bad, but sad that Julien didn't test different top9 combos.

I kinda hate it. Spooner gets stuck with the two biggest, slowest guys in the top 9. He should have Pastrnak and Belsekey. I'd rather see Eriksson with Krejci than Bergeron. I wonder how long these lines will last.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I kinda hate it. Spooner gets stuck with the two biggest, slowest guys in the top 9. He should have Pastrnak and Belsekey. I'd rather see Eriksson with Krejci than Bergeron. I wonder how long these lines will last.

My only problem on that is that we didn't test Lou with Krecji and Beleskey with Spooner.

But to my eyes that looks a lot better group than on game 1 last year.

That's what I kind of thought would happen

Talbot is chia guy
Rinaldo plays Talbot spot & DS traded for Zac
Kelly vet leadership & skill > Talbot

Talbot seems like a nice guy but Kelly/Kemps are better players than him, I still hope he gets to play in the NHL this season but not with us.
I'm going to be very happy if that ends up being our 4th line, they can help our top6 and play tougher minutes.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I see Talbot bringing a veteran leadership and character. One of those glue guys. Things that seemed to be missing last year. Is he worth that press box spot or give it to guys who are better on the ice?
Chemistry like the locker room we had an 2011 just doesn't happen on it's own. Let's hope these guys can band together and rally around somethin

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
My only problem on that is that we didn't test Lou with Krecji and Beleskey with Spooner.

But to my eyes that looks a lot better group than on game 1 last year.

It's better only because Lucic, Krejci and Smith ended up really struggling (in Krejci's case, it was at least partially due to injuries). If we have 3 of these 9 fall way below expectations or get hurt, we're most likely no better up front than we were a year ago.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Looks pretty good, as long as Talbot sits in the press box, I have no complaints.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It's better only because Lucic, Krejci and Smith ended up really struggling (in Krejci's case, it was at least partially due to injuries). If we have 3 of these 9 fall way below expectations or get hurt, we're most likely no better up front than we were a year ago.

But that lineup has potential, something we really didn't have on the 1st half last year.

4th line should be a lot better than it was last year,
3 young players with potential and should only get better,
top players healthy.

Also should be much faster.

Ofcourse they would struggle if we'd have huge amount of injuries, any team would but again compared to last year we have potential young players who can step in and help to replace those players, more than we did a year ago.

Last edited:

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
Kemp looks like a robot out there when he's evaluating the play (real good hockey IQ imo) but I like him. He'll be even better when he has gotten used to the smaller rink.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Good grief. Having Eriksson play with Bergeron and Marchand, and on his off wing, is not only redundant but also like fitting a square peg into a round role. Why on earth can't he have Loui as Krejci's LW? Have Beleskey play with Spooner and Hayes play his natural postion (RW) on the second line. Stubborn as a mule, this coach.

And this:

God love Julien, he hates change..

Last couple of years as they tried Loui with Bergeron and Marchand with no results. Hey lets do it again. THIS TIME it will work :laugh:

What's the saying about insanity?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Good grief. Having Eriksson play with Bergeron and Marchand, and on his off wing, is not only redundant but also like fitting a square peg into a round role. Why on earth can't he have Loui as Krejci's LW? Have Beleskey play with Spooner and Hayes play his natural postion (RW) on the second line. Stubborn as a mule, this coach.

Yes it has been nice to see that Julien kept his word and tested those guys on different lines this pre season :sarcasm:

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

And this:

What's the saying about insanity?

The off-wing point is BS. Eriksson has played more off-wing than on in his career, and is on record stating he prefers the right side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad