Bruins 2015-16 PRESEASON - Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
First preseason game is this Sunday (September 20th) in Providence and it WILL be seen on NESN. Game will be seen outside of New England on NHL Network as well.

Bruins will also be seen on NHL Network on

Thur, Sept. 24 New York Rangers at Boston Bruins (Tape delay from Sept. 23) 9:30 p.m.

Wed, Sept. 30 Boston Bruins at New York Rangers (Live broadcast) 7:00 p.m.

Fri, Oct. 2 Boston Bruins at Washington Capitals (Live broadcast) 7:00 p.m.

However be advised the games on NHL Network most likely will be blacked out in the NESN service area even though NESN is not showing the game. That happened twice last year.

For those in Canada - NHL Network no longer exists as the channel went dark on August 31st.

NHL Network schedule

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=107572

Last edited:

kutskova

Nov 5, 2006
First pre-season game is this Sunday (September 20th) in Providence and it WILL be seen on NESN. Game will be seen outside of New England on NHL Network as well.

Bruins will also be seen on NHL Network on

Thur, Sept. 24 New York Rangers at Boston Bruins (Tape delay from Sept. 23) 9:30 p.m.

Wed, Sept. 30 Boston Bruins at New York Rangers (Live broadcast) 7:00 p.m.

Fri, Oct. 2 Boston Bruins at Washington Capitals (Live broadcast) 7:00 p.m.

However be advised the games on NHL Network most likely will be blacked out in the NESN service area even though NESN is not showing the game. That happened twice last year.

For those in Canada - NHL Network no longer exists as the channel went dark on August 31st.

NHL Network schedule

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=107572

This Sunday is the first preseason game? What happened to training camp?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'm making the trek down to Providence on Sunday with my girlfriend, my friend, and his wife.

Been fiending for some hockey!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm going to the first and third home game, and might try to snag one for the second game, too.

Don't count on the NHL Network - last year, BOS@WSH preseason was blocked, despite it not being shown on NESN. It's silly to block a Boston game played in Washington - I could almost understand blocking a game at the Garden that hasn't been sold, but c'mon.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
In training camp, Bruins will seek right combinations
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ombinations/E7NMw4qLrMgznOJwLpdkHK/story.html

Finding the right combinations will be imperative, early enough for those groups to find their chemistry, to start the season as unified lines instead of three separate puzzle pieces stuffed into place.

“Claude’s definitely going to have to play around with some different combinations to see where it fits,†Sweeney said. “Loui’s played both sides. Jimmy Hayes maybe plays both sides. We have to see where those sparks are. David Pastrnak has the ability to play. We’ll see whether or not he can play up with one of the top two guys. Is he capable of handling top-two line competition?â€

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Didn't the Bruins preseason games get blacked out last year when airing on NHL Network? At least in the Boston area they did.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Didn't the Bruins preseason games get blacked out last year when airing on NHL Network? At least in the Boston area they did.

Yes. I'm pretty sure it was blacked out with a documentary on the hockey stick. (I really, really wish I were joking about that.)

To add insult to injury, it was an away game that wasn't covered by NESN, and, apparently, WAS covered by the other team's crew. I think the only game that was blacked out was BOS@WSH - the others weren't available on NHLN or on NESN.

If, for example, Detroit and Boston both don't want to cover it, fine. That's a $ decision. Everyone's pumped :sarcasm: up for the football season starting. But when NHLN shows an away game that NESN isn't broadcasting, there is no reason on earth it has to be blacked out in Boston.

Anyone who wants to watch Bruins preseason over the failing flailing Red Sox isn't going to watch the Sox just because the Bruins aren't an option. We'll turn our TVs off and *gasp* hang out with family and friends....or find alternate means.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Yes. I'm pretty sure it was blacked out with a documentary on the hockey stick. (I really, really wish I were joking about that.)

To add insult to injury, it was an away game that wasn't covered by NESN, and, apparently, WAS covered by the other team's crew. I think the only game that was blacked out was BOS@WSH - the others weren't available on NHLN or on NESN.

If, for example, Detroit and Boston both don't want to cover it, fine. That's a $ decision. Everyone's pumped :sarcasm: up for the football season starting. But when NHLN shows an away game that NESN isn't broadcasting, there is no reason on earth it has to be blacked out in Boston.

Anyone who wants to watch Bruins preseason over the failing flailing Red Sox isn't going to watch the Sox just because the Bruins aren't an option. We'll turn our TVs off and *gasp* hang out with family and friends....or find alternate means.

I believe it was. Brutal. :laugh:

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Been an ongoing topic in the Business of Hockey section

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1904473

In Canada NHL Network was not allowed to show any games and frankly the studio shows were weak compared to TSN and Sportsnet.

In the US it is the only option for full coverage of the sport.

I seem to recall they did show some games in years past?

I liked the channel when they showed highlights with actual game feed announcers, but then they started doing crappy analysis voice overs with guys like Weekes et al......and then no HD either in Canada...

TSN or Sportsnet don't have ongoing highlights...just at designated times for their sports centre shows, but no question their analysts were better than NHL network....

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
When was it announced that this Sundays Game will be on NESN?

Showed up on my Xfinity guide today :)

CPEHd95WwAA-_KZ.png:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad