Injury Report: Bruins 2013 Injury Thread ‎II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Is this a cause for concern??

Well, to the point of sounding obvious, maybe or maybe not. Who knows?

My unprofessional diagnosis: strained ligament. Not torn, but flexed a bit too far, maybe stretched. It was probably a bit swollen and sore and they want to let it calm down.

Oh, and I'm sure the puck to the knee didn't help much either. He took a beating, played through the pain, and is paying a little bit of a price for that.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Listening to the Fan 590 this morning, they were saying that Seidenberg is ahead of schedule and there is a possibility that he could be back at some point for the playoffs.

If this is true, the man's a beast! :amazed:

Non story. He was there for treatment. He's not coming back until training camp.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Still no definitive news on McQuaid ?
Getting down to a dozen games left in the season.
If he takes almost 2 weeks to get into shape, that doesn't give
him many games to get his timing back.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Amalie Benjamin‏@AmalieBenjamin·
Johnny Boychuk is practicing at the team's optional skate today. From what Julien said, it seems unlikely that he'll play tomorrow.

redsox7327

Sep 10, 2011
On WEEI Pierre just said that Seidenberg told a source in Carolina that he could come back this year. Hearsay. Doesn't hold up in a court of law, but interesting. I don't think, until this point, anyone has come out and said that Seidenberg himself thinks he can make it back. So some hope there.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Said this before but Peterson's recovery was considered so remarkable because of how good he was when he came back. He's a RB who relies on quick cuts back and forth repeatedly and he came back to arguably have the best season of all time. 9 months is an incredible time to come back in, but it's not unheard of; RG3 came back in 8 months.

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
I'm no doctor, but I would assume it is entirely based on the severity of the tear?

In the case of an ACL tear there really is no "severity". If you require surgery, the only thing that separates your recovery time from someone else's is the strength of your leg muscles before the injury/surgery. An ACL tear is an ACL tear and there really is no such thing as a partial tear. Some poeple can rehab an torn ACL and get close to 100% but there will always be a torn ligament in your leg.

Also, there is no such thing as repairing a torn ACL, if you have surgery on an ACL it is a replacement.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Would be nice to hear something on Quaider at some point, Claude will have some interesting decisions if he is able to return.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Would be nice to hear something on Quaider at some point, Claude will have some interesting decisions if he is able to return.

I get the feeling we might not see Mcquaid again in a bruins jersey.

Miller is a very adequate replacement.

No in a pugilistic sense , but I think his D is stronger.

If he is going to play, they better get him some games.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I get the feeling we might not see Mcquaid again in a bruins jersey.

Miller is a very adequate replacement.

No in a pugilistic sense , but I think his D is stronger.

If he is going to play, they better get him some games.

Better skater too. I think we've seen the last of McQuaid in Boston too.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

Have they ever even said what his injury actually is? I can't remember ever hearing what exactly was wrong with him.

BosBruin2k

Apr 16, 2013
Any town USA
Adam McQuaid?

So what's the latest on Adam? Do you think he will be ok for the playoffs or get atleast one game in? Or is he done for the year?

Thank you for your input
Take care,

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I believe he (along with Seidenberg) are both skating, but not with the team. No timetable either, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad