Injury Report: Bruins 2013 Injury Thread ‎II

Status
Not open for further replies.

trudatman*

did Paille get injured or ejected? he only played six minutes....

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
@NHLBruins: McQuaid on returning: "I don't really have a set date...again just taking it 1 step at a time," added he hopes to be back for next game ^BB

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins
Julien on McQuaid: "if things keep going well, by the weekend we're keeping our fingers crossed that we should have the real good news" ^CS

Hopefully against Washington on Saturday.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
This is discouraging :cry:

Dan Cagen ‏@DanCagen
Adam McQuaid suffered a setback. Out this weekend. Julien: "I'm not sure if he's day to day, week to week, month to month."

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Notebook: Adam McQuaid may need more time

“There’s going to be a decision on whether to shut him down or go forward, and those decisions will be made in the next day or so,†Julien said prior to the B’s 6-3 win against the Rangers at Madison Square Garden. “He went through some tests the other day. I don’t have the answer, but there’s going to be an answer soon, so we’ve got to make a decision on whether to go forward or hold him back a little longer.â€

“It’s in the groin area,†Julien said. “I don’t have specifics of it, but it’s a very unique injury. I think the doctor at one point may be able to explain it more if we get to that stage, but it’s in the groin/hip area where it’s not something you see very often. But it heals, gets hurt again, heals. That’s why we’ve given him a little more time to heal . . . but we’re not sure if he needs more time or whether he’s good to go.â€

http://bostonherald.com/sports/brui...4/03/notebook_adam_mcquaid_may_need_more_time

Tattoo You

Mar 1, 2013
Crossfire Hurricane
Notebook: Adam McQuaid may need more time

“There’s going to be a decision on whether to shut him down or go forward, and those decisions will be made in the next day or so,” Julien said prior to the B’s 6-3 win against the Rangers at Madison Square Garden. “He went through some tests the other day. I don’t have the answer, but there’s going to be an answer soon, so we’ve got to make a decision on whether to go forward or hold him back a little longer.”

“It’s in the groin area,” Julien said. “I don’t have specifics of it, but it’s a very unique injury. I think the doctor at one point may be able to explain it more if we get to that stage, but it’s in the groin/hip area where it’s not something you see very often. But it heals, gets hurt again, heals. That’s why we’ve given him a little more time to heal . . . but we’re not sure if he needs more time or whether he’s good to go.”

http://bostonherald.com/sports/brui...4/03/notebook_adam_mcquaid_may_need_more_time
Chiarelli; "It's a quad strain. He'll be shut down for three weeks." On Loui; "Heel infection, very minor."

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Joe McDonald ‏@ESPNJoeyMac
Paille has minor concussion per Julien. Could be back Saturday.
Expand

I don't like the term "minor concussion". You just never know how it will go.

Kranium

Mar 9, 2014
Arvika, Sweden
Johnny Boychuk is day-to-day with a leg injury and will not play Monday against the Wild.

The Bruins defenseman crashed hard into the boards in the third period of Boston’s win over the Hurricanes. He returned to the game and blocked a shot with his knee, though played the rest of the game.

Boychuk was not on the ice for Monday’s morning skate, with Claude Julien sharing afterwards that Boychuk was too sore to skate.

“It’s from obviously the incident [Saturday],†Julien said. “He couldn’t skate this morning. He came in early, we tried to see if he could and he couldn’t, so we’ll just go day-to-day with him.â€

Boychuk had X-rays taken after Saturday’s game. Julien said after the morning skate that Boychuk would not have tried to skate Monday unless those tests came back negative.

“There’s some damage in there, obviously, when you go in feet-first,†Julien said. “We looked at both his skates, and he kind of crashed in there and twisted, so it’s a little sore for him to skate on.â€

With Boychuk out of the lineup, Corey Potter will take warmups with the rest of the Bruins’ defenseman, with Julien choosing which six of the seven defensemen will play afterwards.

Tuukka Rask was the first goaltender off the ice in the morning skate, suggesting he will get the start against Minnesota.

Is this a cause for concern??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad