Management Bruce Cassidy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
He wants Krejci to take his place probably

I know, but that wouldn't be a great slot for Krejci to be. He isn't a great shooter and there isn't a 1 time option there. As well he wouldn't be able to protect the puck and pass on his forehand to anyone but Marchand.

The best player to replace Spooner there would be Krug if he was healthy.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I was waiting for a Bergeron, Marchand and Pasta shift or two possibly to tie it up. But that didn't come until the end when Rask was pulled.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
And just blindly throwing Krejci into Spooner's slot on the PP isn't necessarily the best answer.

well, the season will be over soon if they keep putting Spooner out there, maybe fans would rather that. We now live in a world that every player who worse offensive stats that Krejci is somehow a better option.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
well, the season will be over soon if they keep putting Spooner out there, maybe fans would rather that. We now live in a world that every player who worse offensive stats that Krejci is somehow a better option.

It's because of how the run the PP it makes Krejci a poor choice for the spot on the ice. He's fine being the 2nd unit and running it. Spooner on the PP over Krejci isn't the reason they're done 3-1.

Spooner even has 2 assists on the PP in the series. You're just letting your infatuation for Krejci blind you.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Personally I thought Cassidy should have called a timeout much earlier in the game when it was obvious the sens were going to shut it down

Then after they scored, time out with 8 minutes left

I also would have started double shifting Krejci and Pasta with Bergeron and Marchand in that last stretch. But he played it safe.

Last night had the vibe of a julien coached game, the players even seemed to be reverting back to their old ways of play

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm the biggest Cassidy basher here and he's done a great job in the playoffs

Typical HF posters over reaction on this guy

I watch him like a hawk and as a long time coach myself evaluate his decisions and he's been A+

Earth to HF- check out the Bruins defense and he should get an award

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Honestly adding Carlo and Quader to the D right now would do zero. Really zero. Krug you could make a good case for helping beat the trap. But there's no way more big slow guys are going to change the outcome of this series with how Ottawa is constructed. Maybe they clear out the front of the net a bit better, certainly they didn't during the regular season. We can only blame the injuries so much when the forwards are playing pretty average hockey. Krug isn't going to make Bergeron win faceoffs more, Carlo isn't going to make Marchand bury chances he would in the regular season.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just to add they are nuts not to extend him

Sweeney is rational so I expect it to happen

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Honestly adding Carlo and Quader to the D right now would do zero. Really zero. Krug you could make a good case for helping beat the trap. But there's no way more big slow guys are going to change the outcome of this series with how Ottawa is constructed. Maybe they clear out the front of the net a bit better, certainly they didn't during the regular season. We can only blame the injuries so much when the forwards are playing pretty average hockey. Krug isn't going to make Bergeron win faceoffs more, Carlo isn't going to make Marchand bury chances he would in the regular season.

Carlo and McQuaid would help out the PK though. Which is an area that is hurting the Bruins

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

I watch him like a hawk and as a long time coach myself evaluate his decisions and he's been A+

Do you think he should have used his timeout sooner and played Krejci and pastrnak with Bergeron and Marchand in the final 8 minutes? That's been my only complaint so far. Think he should have looked at that last 8 min as their elimination time.

Though I still think they can win

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

He has been good. 2 OT losses (not his fault, could go either way). Last night countermoves to what sens have been doing. PP looked different. Lots of chances. Looked great for the 1st two periods

Bruins failed to score (in the end this is on the players). Third period when the Sens go back to their miserable trap, its up to Bergeron, Krejci , Marchand to score a point...just like how Karlsson came through for the Sens

Regardless of what happens next game...Cassidy should be given a 2 year deal

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Honestly adding Carlo and Quader to the D right now would do zero. Really zero. Krug you could make a good case for helping beat the trap. But there's no way more big slow guys are going to change the outcome of this series with how Ottawa is constructed.

Right now? Perhaps not. Before game 3? HUGE difference. Put either one of those guys in place of Cross and the series is at worst tied 2-2.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
the one thing Cassidy should have done yesterday was bring up Cehlarik

He has been playing rotating chair with that 2nd line LW for the past 2 games now

I rather have Cehlarik vs Schaller as a 2nd line LW.... even if cehlarik doesn't score a point...at least you know you will get some more ice time in the Sens end

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY

Agree to some point. They would help the PK immensely, and would reduce Chara's minutes by alot. Perhaps he contributes a little bit more knowing he only needs to play 23 min rather than the 30.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Do you think he should have used his timeout sooner and played Krejci and pastrnak with Bergeron and Marchand in the final 8 minutes? That's been my only complaint so far. Think he should have looked at that last 8 min as their elimination time.

Though I still think they can win

He got burned in Anaheim on not having for challenge but I hear you

I'd have waited under a minute if down and goalie pulled and needed it

Your point is valid though

I think they are done tomorrow night but will not go down without a fight

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Right now? Perhaps not. Before game 3? HUGE difference. Put either one of those guys in place of Cross and the series is at worst tied 2-2.

You put Mcquaid and Carlo in you'll be better defensively. I'll give you that. Just barely. On offense though, they guys they have now are better to beat the trap. They are better passers.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He has been good. 2 OT losses (not his fault, could go either way). Last night countermoves to what sens have been doing. PP looked different. Lots of chances. Looked great for the 1st two periods

Bruins failed to score (in the end this is on the players). Third period when the Sens go back to their miserable trap, its up to Bergeron, Krejci , Marchand to score a point...just like how Karlsson came through for the Sens

Regardless of what happens next game...Cassidy should be given a 2 year deal

Agree

Two years extension

Team has a very bright future that D is going to be really good in a couple of years which will make the goalies better and the forwards likewise

They will bow out leaving a much better taste than last 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad