Management Bruce Cassidy

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
This place is hilarious to me. Cassidy earned the job by righting the ship and getting this collection of retreads and misfits to the playoffs. While the series versus the Sens may not be going the way we all want it, there are obvious reasons why. None of which are Cassidy's fault. He should get the gig and there shouldn't be a question about it.

And I say that as a person that was ambivalent about Cassidy getting named the interim coach. He won me over with the job he did down the stretch. The team faced real adversity and unlike the two previous years where they folded, this time they rallied. It's his job, IMO.

I think he's done a fantastic job getting us to where we are, but I just feel like there are probably some better options out there. They should at least explore other options.

I wouldn't be upset one bit if Cassidy got the job though.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I like Cassidy. He without a doubt proved me wrong in that the team Claude had could win and the message was stale with Claude.

But as far as this series has gone.. I don't know if Im completely sold.

Particularly the last game. After the goal was called back, the team clearly needed to regroup and stick to their game. And from what I saw at least, I don't feel they did. They feel back into the trap.

Especially the third period, a lot of poor transition through the neutral zone. Trying to force passes. Looked like a team that hadn't played against the 1-3-1 or THE TRAP in their lives although it was the fourth game of a playoff series that they had played against it. I blame the players, but I also blame Cassidy as it almost looks like he couldnt get his team to adjust. Which brings me here.

I guess my point is, I think Cassidy is a good candidate for the job. He's a good coach. But if there are some great names out there looking for a HC job, I would at least listen... Just my two cents.

Probably going to get bashed for this. :laugh:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I like Cassidy. He without a doubt proved me wrong in that the team Claude had could win and the message was stale with Claude.

But as far as this series has gone.. I don't know if Im completely sold.

Particularly the last game. After the goal was called back, the team clearly needed to regroup and stick to their game. And from what I saw at least, I don't feel they did. They feel back into the trap.

Especially the third period, a lot of poor transition through the neutral zone. Trying to force passes. Looked like a team that hadn't played against the 1-3-1 or THE TRAP in their lives although it was the fourth game of a playoff series that they had played against it. I blame the players, but I also blame Cassidy as it almost looks like he couldnt get his team to adjust. Which brings me here.

I guess my point is, I think Cassidy is a good candidate for the job. He's a good coach. But if there are some great names out there looking for a HC job, I would at least listen... Just my two cents.

Probably going to get bashed for this. :laugh:

We heard these same things with Julien behind the bench. When it's time to regroup and come up big they fail to do so - with the exact same group.

Look, I'm with you that the Bruins need to look at all optins, but at what point does it fall on the players rather than the coach? We need our big guys to step up and that has nothing to do with Cassidy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->