Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruce Cassidy is now 'interim' coach.

He was a complete disaster in Washington after he was hired to replace Ron Wilson.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=857

Perhaps he changed his ways in his 8 years in Providence but I have my doubts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...365-ad55-7e2534cf9c5a/?utm_term=.b5a7df2abfdd

The frustration of losing and the lingering issues between the players and coach came to a head last Thursday in New Jersey, when Cassidy ripped the team after a 3-0 loss and made references to players not using pregnant wives and sick children as an excuse for poor play.

Many of the players have young children or wives about to give birth, while Kolzig has an autistic child and Witt's wife battled a life-threatening illness all of last season. Those remarks angered many players and, coupled with two more ugly defeats, marked the end of Cassidy's tenure. He apologized in a brief meeting with the team Saturday, but the die was cast.

"That was the final straw," one player said. "That [comment] really hit a lot of guys hard. You can't take that one back. Things had been bad for a long time, but that was the worst."

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Bruce Cassidy is now 'interim' coach.

He was a complete disaster in Washington after he was hired to replace Ron Wilson.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=857

Perhaps he changed his ways in his 8 years in Providence but I have my doubts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...365-ad55-7e2534cf9c5a/?utm_term=.b5a7df2abfdd

He wasn't a complete disaster. He brought the team back to the playoffs in his first season, but got off to a disastrous start in his second and was fired. He was also very young (about 35) and didn't have much experience. I would expect that he learned a lot in the last 15 years. I think he is as good a candidate as any.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Honest question.

Has Bruce Cassidy received even so much as an interview for a vacant NHL head coaching job since being let go in Washington?

Because if not, in a league that recycles coaches like soda pop cans, that is telling.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Honest question.

Has Bruce Cassidy received even so much as an interview for a vacant NHL head coaching job since being let go in Washington?

Because if not, in a league that recycles coaches like soda pop cans, that is telling.

THIS^

My thoughts exactly.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I really don't care what he did in Washington that long ago. Many people change and grow. I am sure Cassidy has matured as a man and a coach since then, else why would the club keep him at Providence for 8 seasons, 5 as head coach? If he was still that kind of man managing trainwreck, the last place you'd want him is in charge of your young players for whom confidence and self-belief are paramount.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
I really don't care what he did in Washington that long ago. Many people change and grow. I am sure Cassidy has matured as a man and a coach since then, else why would the club keep him at Providence for 8 seasons, 5 as head coach? If he was still that kind of man managing trainwreck, the last place you'd want him is in charge of your young players for whom confidence and self-belief are paramount.

Its Called Bruins.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Honest question.

Perhaps because this is the job he's wanted- I have heard that he and Sweeney have a really good working relationship. If it became clear a few years into his time at Prov that the B's were looking at him as replacement for if/when Claude gets fired, then it possible that Cassidy was not looking elsewhere and was clear about that to any potential suitors. :dunno:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Honest question.

Best of my knowledge he has not.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I wonder who Cassidy likes on defense. I wonder if Morrow gets in and if so who sits.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Pandawful shouldn't be behind the bench at all. He should be the goalie coach. Makes sense...

Joe Sacco might be the worst coach in the NHL and I'm honestly not kidding. I mean he is literally the worst coach. Asst coaches that have assistants further down the food chain are better. Literally give me the Jr Assistant skating coach or conditioning coach over Sacco.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Welcome and good luck!

I expect the team to make the playoffs under your tenure because they were deemed to be underperforming under Julien and his practices were too lax.

Let's see how you do in the playoffs which you need to make this year.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Nobody who wants to coach long will have Morrow in their line up . Who was the other sub today ? I personally think we have our best six in now but I can see an argument for liles although I don't agree with it.

According to what was tweeted out Nash was the other sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad