Management Bruce Cassidy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
If he rolls out K. Miller, McQuaid and Liles on D to the detriment of younger, quicker players, we'll know nothing has changed on Causeway Street. Same with Nash and Jimmy.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
If he rolls out K. Miller, McQuaid and Liles on D to the detriment of younger, quicker players, we'll know nothing has changed on Causeway Street. Same with Nash and Jimmy.

Have a feeling that Thursday will be roughly the same lineup, and possibly Saturday. After that I suspect things to change.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
He's a task master but acknowledges he's matured and was unfit and too young to be the Caps coach (this is what Divver says he's said)

Still think the Bruins were cowards.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I just want to know if he's capable of taking the reigns off and letting the players go...that's DSs only glimmer of hope.

They ran the Clode system in PROV, right?

Can this guy really shock the system and be an offensive coach? It doesn't sound like it. I bet they'll do the same thing and expect different results. Ugg.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Those pairings are probably for the best, I don't think any of those guys have played poorly enough to sit right now, although I'd consider sitting Carlo just to let him clear his head a little since he hasn't been at his best.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I just want to know if he's capable of taking the reigns off and letting the players go...that's DSs only glimmer of hope.

They ran the Clode system in PROV, right?

Can this guy really shock the system and be an offensive coach? It doesn't sound like it. I bet they'll do the same thing and expect different results. Ugg.

He's the coach now, so I'm not sure why he'd bother running the fired guy's system.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
He's the coach now, so I'm not sure why he'd bother running the fired guy's system.

Well, if it's all they've ever done in PROV and up here. But I hope you're right that they will just scrap everything and go to the dry erase board.

Everybody is so pissed about Pats day, but at the moment they at least have a few days to work on something that huge.

A totally new system no one has ever done, on the fly, is tough. But exciting. I hope the players are excited.

FROMSHORETOCHARA

Jul 2, 2009
Everyone thought this guy was going to be fired from Providence once Sweeney got the GM job and now he's the head coach of the big club.

Not to correct you but same name different guy. The Cassidy from providence was fired 2 years ago, I know this cause a few of the fanboys here reported that Sweeney.....like them.....saw the black helicopter over providence too .....and that Cassidy was intentional sabotaging all the great Bruins prospects down there. So sweeleys first move was to fire that Cassidy. When I find the link I will post. But don't hold your breathe:)

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Not to correct you but same name different guy. The Cassidy from providence was fired 2 years ago, I know this cause a few of the fanboys here reported that Sweeney.....like them.....saw the black helicopter over providence too .....and that Cassidy was intentional sabotaging all the great Bruins prospects down there. So sweeleys first move was to fire that Cassidy. When I find the link I will post. But don't hold your breathe:)

oh ya, I vaguely remember reading something like this on the back channels of twitter:laugh:

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I am too.

Although it doesn't sound like he's interested in making many changes, to the lineup or the systems, so it will be interesting to see if that changes and if not, how he makes his mark.

Really?

Top three forward lines were the following:

Marchand/Bergeron/Vatrano
Cehlarik/Krejci/Pastrnak
Belesky/Spooner/Backes

That is a pretty big change. Not sure I agree with splitting up the first line, but I like that he is trying to get more out of Spooner, Backes and Krejci.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Well, if it's all they've ever done in PROV and up here. But I hope you're right that they will just scrap everything and go to the dry erase board.

Everybody is so pissed about Pats day, but at the moment they at least have a few days to work on something that huge.

A totally new system no one has ever done, on the fly, is tough. But exciting. I hope the players are excited.

I hope the players are pissed. The season is over.

I don't want this guy as our coach for long. Soon it will be Pandolfo.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
I just want to know if he's capable of taking the reigns off and letting the players go...that's DSs only glimmer of hope. They ran the Clode system in PROV, right? Can this guy really shock the system and be an offensive coach? It doesn't sound like it. I bet they'll do the same thing and expect different results. Ugg.

Skilled players had plenty of rope in Providence. Spooner did his sideways swizzle move with abandon, and Koko was a free-lance demon. Providence team offence could dominate at times. Defencemen carried puck up-ice without worry it seemed. The team never ever played for a tie. This is from what I observed over two hockey seasons. I'm placed on learning curve suspension here so don't hold me to it.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Well folks, it's just as well support Cassidy for the rest of the season, and try not to judge him to harshly with this rag-tag roster. I don't expect them to make it. Hopefully they stay away from shopping on trade deadline day.

But he's the coach he until at least Game 82.

After that we can choose to bury him or not.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Really?

Cehlarik/Krejci/Pastrnak
Belesky/Spooner/Backes

That is a pretty big change. Not sure I agree with splitting up the first line, but I like that he is trying to get more out of Spooner, Backes and Krejci.

interesting. not sure how I feel but glad they are at least trying to mix it up. We've been living on one line for far to long.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Well, let's put it this way, most people here hated Cassidy in Providence because he wanted to win.

So there's that.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Breaking news, Bruins sign Andrew Cherniwchan, expected to center Backes and Beleskey line, Spooner to play 4th line winger.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Really?

Cehlarik/Krejci/Pastrnak
Belesky/Spooner/Backes

We've seen that top line before.

We've seen Pasta with Krejci before.

We've seen Backes with Spooner before (they allowed the last minute goal against DET in DET).

Spooner has played center with Beleskey for a couple weeks now.

The D pairings were all the same.

To me, the one change is Cehlarik, which I like a lot and wish would have happened sooner because I have a feeling he's going to click with Krejci.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad