NHL Bruce Cassidy wins the Jack Adams Award ( Coach of the Year )

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Cassidy’s been pretty vocal about his frustrations with the team of late and they’ve laid a couple of the worst efforts I’ve seen in a long time.

Obviously they’re short handed, and the season is an anomaly, and he’s proven himself as a real good NHL coach, but there also seems to be a pretty big and growing contingent of players that might be tuning him out. Not sure a rental or 3 will fix that. Maybe a full healthy roster would get that job done but wait and see isn’t much of a plan.

I don’t mind seeing them drop a few games but the effort and focus just isn’t there on a consistent basis and is just rotten too often. A good chunk of that blame falls at the feet of the coach.

This was always the risk with Cassidy.

The fans and media appreciate how candid he is when guys aren’t hustling or the results aren’t there.

He’s pretty frank in his assessment of players compared to most other coaches.

Is the message stale?

We don’t know.

We do know that he’s not responsible for the guys in the lineup.

We also know that the coach is often the one who bites the bullet in this league.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Still missing scoring on second and third line for now how many years?

3?
I’ve lost track.

Because he’s handed JAGs to fix that isnt a reason to fire him IMO.
I’d agree but you look at those middle two lines and there are guys like Smith, Coyle and DeBrusk who’ve shown they can get it done in those roles and just aren’t right now fir whatever reason, and they’re not bringing what Cassidy’s been asking of the team publicly.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
This was always the risk with Cassidy.

The fans and media appreciate how candid he is when guys aren’t hustling or the results aren’t there.

He’s pretty frank in his assessment of players compared to most other coaches.

Is the message stale?

We don’t know.

We do know that he’s not responsible for the guys in the lineup.

We also know that the coach is often the one who bites the bullet in this league.

Yeah, I don't think canning Bruce will be much of a solution for Boston. That said, he has to be getting the most from the talent he does have on the roster and he's just not getting that right now, IMO. Everyone wants to blame Sweeney and give the coach and players a free ride because it's easier to say "well they need a top-six winger and Sweeney didn't go to the top-six forward store and get one so..." Yes, they do, but they still have talent on this roster and in this system that they all need to figure out how to get more out of.

If this is the team without the top-six forward they need, then what would happen if they got one and he was (knock on wood) out for a few weeks or more with an unlucky injury? Would that mean that this group cannot win without the forward they acquired and are toast? Probably isn't a good sign if that's the case, IMO. They seem to be having an identity crisis and need to start making replaceable guys uncomfortable. Start by recalling someone who's been buzzing in Providence and giving them a few games in place of someone in the bottom-six who is lugging themselves around. Make them sweat a little bit.

The team needs a shakeup above all else, if you're asking me. Whether that comes from the GM trading someone like Bjork for a package or waiving Wagner, benching Kuraly and recalling someone hungry from Providence is yet to be seen. Still, this roster has more talent on it than their showing and they simply need to get more. Too much complacency.

Reactions: rfournier103

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Teams would be lining up for Bruce Cassidy if he were to ever get the axe. Not the issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad