NHL Bruce Cassidy wins the Jack Adams Award ( Coach of the Year )

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Well deserved. With the perspective of a little over a week, I still don't see the reason for calling for Cassidy's head on a platter. The biggest complaint about Claude was that he never shuffled the lines, and Cassidy has proven to be quite adaptable. He can only work with the pieces he's given, and he's done a damn good job maximizing the players' potential from what I can see from afar.

In short: My. Man. Bruce.

Interesting to note that the four coaches remaining have 29 points total, while Bruce got about 10 times that. Does coaching win Cups? Who knows, but it can't hurt.

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Well deserved. With the perspective of a little over a week, I still don't see the reason for calling for Cassidy's head on a platter. The biggest complaint about Claude was that he never shuffled the lines, and Cassidy has proven to be quite adaptable. He can only work with the pieces he's given, and he's done a damn good job maximizing the players' potential from what I can see from afar.

Interesting to note that the four coaches remaining have 29 points total, while Bruce got about 10 times that. Does coaching win Cups? Who knows, but it can't hurt.

The players are the players, and their play, or lack thereof, is on you know who.

Cassidy has done about as well as one could hope, given the circumstance. And the circumstance hasn't been dire; the Bruins are a very good club, though no longer elite. We'll see what Sweeney and Neely do to address this.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
GJ Bruce. Nice job on the President's Trophy as well.

Now, go gather up Don from his theoretical physics book and build a better roster.

Lets hunt bigger game...

S9EW.gif

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Well deserved, congrats! I am a bit surprised, because this award usually goes to the coach of the most improved team (not that it should, necessarily). His record since taking over is otherworldly.

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Congrats to Bruce, well deserved considering the regular season we had. I still want Gerrard Gallant as the B's head coach.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital

I thought he was rather slow to make both intragame-adjustments and inter-game adjustments during this playoffs, particularly in the TBL series. For example, he stuck with Bjork much too much and used Studnika too little and too late. Also waited too long to mix up the top lines.

But, even if he had, I don’t think it would’ve made much of a difference with what he had to work with.

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
There you go. Talk to em. Motivate the boys. That’s my guy Bruce!

well deserved

i also can’t help but feel a little sad about the whole thing. I don’t know. It’s bittersweet i guess.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Proof NHL broadcasters drink too much. What a joke. Still hope this clown gets fired.

The only joke is this post. Nothing you say is factual. Actually whenever you complain about Cassidy it makes you look like you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. You’ve created this idea in your head that he sucks because he doesn’t ice a lineup you want?

That’s ridiculous and you know it.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Good coach. We've been a consistent top 5 team with him. 2 Tampa series and St Louis ones take away any luster.

When you have Vezina finalist Rask leaving the bubble and go up against the best goalie in the league playing lights out there is no way a different coach makes a difference.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
The players are the players, and their play, or lack thereof, is on you know who.

Cassidy has done about as well as one could hope, given the circumstance. And the circumstance hasn't been dire; the Bruins are a very good club, though no longer elite. We'll see what Sweeney and Neely do to address this.

How does a non-elite club go to the SCF one year, and then end up at the top of the regular season standings the next?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad