Management Bruce Cassidy III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
LOL.....6 weeks ago there were multiple threads discussing whether or not he and Sweeney should be fired.

Funny how that faded.....

Reactions: DKH

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
LOL.....6 weeks ago there were multiple threads discussing whether or not he and Sweeney should be fired.

Funny how that faded.....

They could win the Cup this year and there would be people saying that over the summer.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Just heard a media guy from Toronto say that Bruce Cassidy should be in the running for Coach of the Year consideration.

Just some perspective, fans tend to be harder on their team than non-fans.
I think everyone's big pick for Adams this year has got to be John Tortorella. But I can't disagree with giving Cassidy consideration.

The team has rebounded from losing game 7 of the finals to burning the NHL down relatively all season long.

But is that Cassidy keeping focus? Or is it the leadership in the locker room who deserve the credit for that?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
At this rate should Bruce be considered a candidate for coach of the year?

He should be. Bruins are 3rd I think in man-games lost to injury (albeit I'm not sure how much Kevan Miller's year long absence skews this number). Meanwhile, the Bruins are 1st overall, 1st in goal differential, and 1st in GAA.

Reactions: Alicat

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Just heard a media guy from Toronto say that Bruce Cassidy should be in the running for Coach of the Year consideration.

I think everyone's big pick for Adams this year has got to be John Tortorella. But I can't disagree with giving Cassidy consideration.

The team has rebounded from losing game 7 of the finals to burning the NHL down relatively all season long.

But is that Cassidy keeping focus? Or is it the leadership in the locker room who deserve the credit for that?

Sometimes a good coach is smart enough to know when to stay out of the locker room.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

He got absolutely screwed last year. Wouldn't be shocked if they "correct" it this year.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
He got absolutely screwed last year. Wouldn't be shocked if they "correct" it this year.

While I would agree with this. Do you really give it to Bruce over Torts or Maurice when they have been winning on duct tape and band-aids all year.

Its going to be interesting.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Should be Berube.
giphy.gif

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Cassidy f***ed them heading into this game. Idc what anyone thinks. Your team pretty much got out worked/out skated all night last night but they got it to OT and lost...

SO you opt to double shift guys the next DAY for game 3 on a back to back and play 7 D? OH. And not swap some bodies out

Fast forward to the game. You throw in the rookie tender for the second half of the second period and let him get torn apart. AND you keep him in for the third.

I don’t think I’ve ever disagreed with BC with anything (aside from lighter things like shootout lineups). That changed tonight. IMO he set his team up for failure heading into this one.

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-26_22-25-40.jpeg
    upload_2020-8-26_22-25-40.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2020-8-26_22-25-40.png
    upload_2020-8-26_22-25-40.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 3

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Gotta think Kuraly was "not fit to play".. maybe Cliff too.

That was a weak lineup going into a game where your top guys were obviously gassed.. But now he knows for sure, it's Halak or go home.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I still support Cassidy. I want Ritchie out of the lineup as much as the next guy, but our other options aren't really improvements. Lateral moves. Kuhlman is quick, pretty defensively responsible, but zero offense. Lindholm is a servicable 4th liner in a bind, but nothing more. Then there's Bjork who's got this thing where for every three blown defensive plays, he'll give you a flashy move that ultimately doesn't result in a goal.

I tried to come up with something snappy about Studs and couldn't. He lacks experience? That seems to be the only thing keeping him out of the lineup. I think he is the key to unlocking Coyle's offensive potential. Charlie can't carry a scoring line on his own, Studnicka at least gives him a reliable partner to generate some chances with.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Cliffy back in game 4 Butch. Same with Kuraly if healthy. Maybe shake it up and insert someone like Freddy but I doubt it. Would like to see Studnicka in, put an end to this 7D garbage.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I have no problem with giving Halak the rest of the night off and letting Vladar get bludgeoned

A) we got to see if we caught lightning in a bottle with Vladar + give him a little taste

b) halak needs as much rest as humanly possible

c) might as well try to spark something in the team

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Next game ... hopefully the lineup is

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Kulary Krejci Kase
Debrusk Coyle Studnicka
Bjork Wagner Nordstrom

Grz McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Chara Clifton