Management Bruce Cassidy III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
early in game 4 will tell us about the Bruins mindset

they will either come out with guns a blazing and play a full 60 minutes or will fold like a cheap tent and want to go home

..I hope it's the 1st scenario, but have my doubts

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Thinking after that showing, this team needs everyone playing with intensity. Guys with legs that can move the puck.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pasta
DeBrusk - Krejci - Kase
Kuraly - Coyle - Stud/Kuhlman/Bjork
Nordstrom - Wagner - Clifton

McAvoy - Gryz
Krug - Carlo
Clifton/Chara - Lauzon

I know this will not happen, but I wish the Bruins could limit Chara's ice time to mostly PK minutes, and keep him fresh for the 3rd period if the Bruins are up. Clifton taking shifts on the 4th line, I think could work, and if the Bruins are down or tied in the 3rd, bring Clifton down with Lauzon, and cut Chara's minutes to only PK minutes. Playing Chara when they need goals, doesn't seem right, and making McAvoy play with him, think kills his game when it's top level team's they're going up against.

And Stud or Kuhlman with Coyle. I'd try Stud game 4. Win or lose, judge him on his individual game and if he doesn't seem up to the task, I'd go Kuhlman before Bjork here game 5.

What actual lineup will be scares me. Think Cassidy seems overwhelmed and it's messing his ability to make decisions.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Thinking after that showing, this team needs everyone playing with intensity. Guys with legs that can move the puck.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pasta
DeBrusk - Krejci - Kase
Kuraly - Coyle - Stud/Kuhlman/Bjork
Nordstrom - Wagner - Clifton

McAvoy - Gryz
Krug - Carlo
Clifton/Chara - Lauzon

I know this will not happen, but I wish the Bruins could limit Chara's ice time to mostly PK minutes, and keep him fresh for the 3rd period if the Bruins are up. Clifton taking shifts on the 4th line, I think could work, and if the Bruins are down or tied in the 3rd, bring Clifton down with Lauzon, and cut Chara's minutes to only PK minutes. Playing Chara when they need goals, doesn't seem right, and making McAvoy play with him, think kills his game when it's top level team's they're going up against.

And Stud or Kuhlman with Coyle. I'd try Stud game 4. Win or lose, judge him on his individual game and if he doesn't seem up to the task, I'd go Kuhlman before Bjork here game 5.

What actual lineup will be scares me. Think Cassidy seems overwhelmed and it's messing his ability to make decisions.

Nope need more D who haven't played in 6 months and turtle forwards.

Seriously Cassidy needs to play this series much like he did the Canes series. IMO Tampa is a much faster/quicker skilled team.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Nope need more D who haven't played in 6 months and turtle forwards.

Seriously Cassidy needs to play this series much like he did the Canes series. IMO Tampa is a much faster/quicker skilled team.
They are also much tougher and much better. Trying to be small and skilled hasn't worked, this team needs new management that, like Tampa's, realizes that a team made up to be small, speedy and skilled do not win

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
They are also much tougher and much better. Trying to be small and skilled hasn't worked, this team needs new management that, like Tampa's, realizes that a team made up to be small, speedy and skilled do not win

Tampa D is big and mobile...but yes a heavier team but if the bruins want to win this series they won't do it with the turtles they have available.

LondonKnightsRule

Apr 19, 2018
London Ontario
The bruins are built for a 82 game schedule. When it comes to the playoffs you need that sandpaper which they lack. One line will get you through the regular season but playoffs are a different story.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
It's Time for the newbie's to make an impact...go with Stud, Senyshyn, Bjork, and Zboril. Enough f g around.

Would love to have a young Shawn Thorton in the line up.

I'm all for it, but do you really think Cassidy is going to play these guys in a pivotal game 4? I don't understand why players like Studnicka, Senyshyn, Frederic didn't get a longer look during the regular season. That's the time to insert them into the lineup and see what they've got. Now you end up in a must-win playoff game without knowing what your full roster is capable of

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I'm all for it, but do you really think Cassidy is going to play these guys in a pivotal game 4? I don't understand why players like Studnicka, Senyshyn, Frederic didn't get a longer look during the regular season. That's the time to insert them into the lineup and see what they've got. Now you end up in a must-win playoff game without knowing what your full roster is capable of

You simply can't come back with the same roster as last night.

I'm thinking you need some fresh legs and desire inserted.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The bruins are built for a 82 game schedule. When it comes to the playoffs you need that sandpaper which they lack. One line will get you through the regular season but playoffs are a different story.
They just went Game 7 Stanley cup finals. 15 wins.

This round, Tbay is deeper and they are due.

Bruins have played at least four maybe five forwards who would not even crack the TBay line up. That and the Rask factor tipping the scales

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Last night's line up was throwing in the towel...
and I suppose you called that before the game when you seen the line up.

Bjork was so bad the first two games he would not have dressed if his dad was the head coach.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I guess I’ll post here because the postgame thread was locked...

The good news is that last night’s game only counts as one loss.

My worst fear is being realized: this team is mentally soft. Tampa Bay wants it more. That much is evident. They play with confidence, passion, and energy. The Bruins looked tentative and nervous. Coach Cassidy absolutely needs to talk with his captains about this because the season is dying.

The Bruins have enough talent to grind out a win in this series, but it’s clear they don’t have the stomach to do what’s necessary to make that happen. We saw it in the Final last year, and we’re seeing it again. I am NOT saying someone needs to go out there and put his elbow in Kucherov’s ear, but the entire Bruins roster doesn’t seem interested in making Tampa Bay pay a price for their wins. Cassidy needs to light a fire under this team.

The officials are another story, but I’m pretty fed up with them, too.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
Hopefully, we'll see a SCF-type reversal of fortune in the way the series is officiated.

Then again, that would've required Cassidy to actually say something about it.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I guess I’ll post here because the postgame thread was locked...

The good news is that last night’s game only counts as one loss.

My worst fear is being realized: this team is mentally soft. Tampa Bay wants it more. That much is evident. They play with confidence, passion, and energy. The Bruins looked tentative and nervous. Coach Cassidy absolutely needs to talk with his captains about this because the season is dying.

The Bruins have enough talent to grind out a win in this series, but it’s clear they don’t have the stomach to do what’s necessary to make that happen. We saw it in the Final last year, and we’re seeing it again. I am NOT saying someone needs to go out there and put his elbow in Kucherov’s ear, but the entire Bruins roster doesn’t seem interested in making Tampa Bay pay a price for their wins. Cassidy needs to light a fire under this team.

The officials are another story, but I’m pretty fed up with them, too.

I really hope the Bruins come out with some intensity next game. Going down 3-1 against Tampa would be tough to come back from.

Reactions: rfournier103

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
the bruins are playing on there heels as opposed to there toes. They are trapping and allowing tampa D to break out clean out of there own zone.
the tampa D is vulnerable to turning the puck over in there end but they are quickly exiting there zone without the bruins forecheck being non effective.
I think they are to worried about protecting halak. The tampa D other then Hedmen can be exposed, particularly without McDonough in the line-up.
Bagosian, Schenn, Couburn, Shattenkirk, & even Sergachev are weak in there own end under pressure. Bruins need to put there quickist forwards on
the ice. I.E. bjork, khulmann, should be replacing Ritchie, Lindholm. Two men in on the forecheck get pucks in behind there D have them turn and go
get soft dump ins there zone , if you give up the odd 3 on 2 break so be it. But the bruins need to play in the tampa zone alot more than what has been
happening.

Reactions: Blowfish

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
and I suppose you called that before the game when you seen the line up.

Bjork was so bad the first two games he would not have dressed if his dad was the head coach.
think hes talking about having john moore in there.
bonehead move.
just use same lineup as game 5 against carolina.no brainer

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
the bruins are playing on there heels as opposed to there toes. They are trapping and allowing tampa D to break out clean out of there own zone.
the tampa D is vulnerable to turning the puck over in there end but they are quickly exiting there zone without the bruins forecheck being non effective.
I think they are to worried about protecting halak. The tampa D other then Hedmen can be exposed, particularly without McDonough in the line-up.
Bagosian, Schenn, Couburn, Shattenkirk, & even Sergachev are weak in there own end under pressure. Bruins need to put there quickist forwards on
the ice. I.E. bjork, khulmann, should be replacing Ritchie, Lindholm. Two men in on the forecheck get pucks in behind there D have them turn and go
get soft dump ins there zone , if you give up the odd 3 on 2 break so be it. But the bruins need to play in the tampa zone alot more than what has been
happening.
Completely disagree on Kuhlman. They need speed, sure, but he isn’t the answer. Studnicka should definitely draw in next game, and if they are looking for speed (and they should be) give Senyshyn a shot. World class speed and played well earlier in he year. Aside from the first line and pp, nothing has worked to this point, give someone else a shot.
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Kase-Krejci-Studnicka
Debrusk-Coyle-Senyshyn
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner

Reactions: BBruins

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I really hope the Bruins come out with some intensity next game. Going down 3-1 against Tampa would be tough to come back from.
I hope so too. They should have come out with intensity in Game 2. The Bruins had a chance to stick a fat dagger into the Lightning and blew it. Same thing last night, but Tampa Bay won both games and are now firmly in control of the series in terms of both wins and momentum.

Like I said, this team is soft. Let’s see how they react to being down two games to one, but I’m not going to assume they will until they do. Chara, Bergeron, and Marchand need to rally the troops.

Let’s see if they can.

Reactions: BMC

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Also, he seems like a nice guy and nothing personal, but please please no more of John Moore in the lineup. I will take Clifton’s moxie and attitude back in.
McAvoy-Grzelcyk
Chara-Clifton
Krug-Carlo (boy did I never think typing that pair out would worry me but they have both been bad)
I do like Lauzon, just not seeing much of an impact from him in these playoffs so far

Reactions: BBruins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad