Management Bruce Cassidy II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I know what you said.

He’s 6-11 in the playoffs with MTL. Last time I checked, they were an NHL team as well?

It’s almost as if you were leaving his playoff record with Montreal out to better make your point...

Not really. I dont even care about his Montreal record as I mentioned Boston . All in your head

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Cassidy pretty much said it was a lack of execution.
Agree completely and he was 100% right. You’d have to be a hockey novice to not know we need to execute much much better. I highly doubt Babcock is saying “holy s**t, Boston is going to try not to put on a crap show like that on Saturday. We need to adjust for that!”

That said, I expect Babcock WILL be telling his team not to expect another gift game like that. Not because Cassidy said it himself though.:laugh:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I know what you said.

He’s 6-11 in the playoffs with MTL. Last time I checked, they were an NHL team as well?

It’s almost as if you were leaving his playoff record with Montreal out to better make your point...

since you want to play this game, Julien wins just as often as Babcock, Quenneville, etc in the playoffs

playoff winning %:

Julien: .548
Babcock: .554
Quenneville: .547
Sutter: .524

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
We may be favorites but toronto has age on their side and a big addition of Tavares. This is could be Bergerons and Krejci last best shot to win
They also have an upcoming cap crunch that is going to sink them if they aren't smart about it in a year or two.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
since you want to play this game, Julien wins just as often as Babcock, Quenneville, etc in the playoffs

playoff winning %:

Julien: .548
Babcock: .554
Quenneville: .547
Sutter: .524

What game was I playing exactly?

I thought I was playing the game where I was talking about Cassidy and that I didn’t think he was “tipping his hand” to Toronto by being straight with the media.

Another poster completely changed the subject and said that Julien never did that (who gives a flying f***) and posted CJ’s playoff record with the B’s. I simply pointed out that Clode’s overall playoff record wasn’t as good as he was making it seem.

Which once again had zero to do with the original discussion.

Reactions: C0ach B0mbay

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Yeah I know I’m bringing up Julien. Who gives a f*** right?

But never, ever, ever in Julien’s career with Boston did he make a game to game adjustment a quarter as big as we saw tonight. Or at least have his team completely shift gears.

Cassidy is f***ing awesome. Anyone still “hesitant” about him behind the bench is a whole different level of stubborn.

Reactions: BigBadBruin

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Yeah I know I’m bringing up Julien. Who gives a **** right?

But never, ever, ever in Julien’s career with Boston did he make a game to game adjustment a quarter as big as we saw tonight. Or at least have his team completely shift gears.

Cassidy is ****ing awesome. Anyone still “hesitant” about him behind the bench is a whole different level of stubborn.

Hopefully Cassidy is learning on his mistakes. But you seem to forget how stubborn Cassidy was last year against Tampa Bay in the second round when he REFUSED to break up the first line to give some much NEEDED balance on the other lines. I still believe that was the downfall. They had ONE line working ....

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Hopefully Cassidy is learning on his mistakes. But you seem to forget how stubborn Cassidy was last year against Tampa Bay in the second round when he REFUSED to break up the first line to give some much NEEDED balance on the other lines. I still believe that was the downfall. They had ONE line working ....

I don’t think I saw Julien change lines any time after game 10 of the regular season, so Cassidy’s stubbornness last season in the playoffs doesn’t phase me.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
I don’t think I saw Julien change lines any time after game 10 of the regular season, so Cassidy’s stubbornness last season in the playoffs doesn’t phase me.
It doesn't phase you that there was no offensive jolt/push other than the first line? Putting all your eggs in one basket is a good idea?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Cassidy is ****ing awesome. Anyone still “hesitant” about him behind the bench is a whole different level of stubborn.

I was the one that said I didn’t give a f*** about Julien :laugh:

In fairness to myself, it was in the context of stats being presented about Clode that had nothing to do with the discussion of Cassidy “tipping his hand” to the opposition.

Back to that...

Do people still think that Cassidy’s honesty with the media had any adverse effects on the game?

No?

Alrighty then.

I don’t think Cassidy is perfect, and have some issues with certain things he does, but he has done an unbelievable job since taking over.

Anyone still pining for Clode needs to understand that it’s ok to love his time with the team and what he did here, but that’s over and Cassidy is the man for the job at this time.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I was the one that said I didn’t give a **** about Julien :laugh:

In fairness to myself, it was in the context of stats being presented about Clode that had nothing to do with the discussion of Cassidy “tipping his hand” to the opposition.

Back to that...

Do people still think that Cassidy’s honesty with the media had any adverse effects on the game?

No?

Alrighty then.

I don’t think Cassidy is perfect, and have some issues with certain things he does, but he has done an unbelievable job since taking over.

Anyone still pining for Clode needs to understand that it’s ok to love his time with the team and what he did here, but that’s over and Cassidy is the man for the job at this time.

Haha 3 days later still upset over a simple post of claudes playoff stats that wasnt even directed at you. Hope you enjoyed that game last night. Shows old time hockey is still alive

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Haha 3 days later still upset over a simple post of claudes playoff stats that wasnt even directed at you. Hope you enjoyed that game last night. Shows old time hockey is still alive

3 days later and you still don’t understand that my initial reply was to another poster concerned about Cassidy “tipping his hand”, and had zero to do with you posting Clode’s partial playoff record in a Cassidy thread (for some unknown reason).

I loved the game last night, but that was not “old time hockey”. Today’s players don’t know how to play it anymore, which explains Kadri’s ridiculous response.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Well I’m stubborn.

To me it says more about Game 1 than it does Game 2.

I’m on board with some things, off-board with others. Overall he’s been excellent during the regular season, but I’m gonna have to see some real playoff success before I lose my hesitation.

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad