upload_2019-3-13_11-17-54.jpeg

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You have a link for this? That seems awful high

View attachment 199171

I am not going to go through every game log to check- what a waste of time, but I guarantee that number is completely made up. Off the top of my head I think there have been 3 or 4 recently. Maybe a bit more, and something you don't like to see at any time, but 15-20 is just batshit nuts

Reactions: Chief Nine

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I am not going to go through every game log to check- what a waste of time, but I guarantee that number is completely made up. Off the top of my head I think there have been 3 or 4 recently. Maybe a bit more, and something you don't like to see at any time, but 15-20 is just bat**** nuts

The too many men calls have been an issue, but I would bet everything I own that those numbers a WWWWAAAAAAAYYYYYYY off. In fact, it's likely that they're maybe in the top 3rd of the league and not the worst offenders. I don't have the time to look it up, but I bet they're not the WORST EVAH!!!

Reactions: hrdpuk and Dr Hook

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
it's Fact, why have a challenge if you don't use it, Cassidy needs to be in the penalty box when he put 6 men on the ice, why is that so difficult to comprehend, folks, it's hockey 101, why should coaches be exempt if the players are held accountable on the ice...

Go home HUTCH, you're drunk.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Cassidy has his warts, and some of them drive me nuts. All coaches do. Julien's certainly drove some folks around here nuts, and the almighty Babcock even drives some Toronto fans nuts. There is no denying, however, that Cassidy has been very successful up to this point. He is masterful at some things and deficient at others, but his record speaks for itself. When you throw in the injuries he has dealt with and the roster holes, then his record really becomes impressive. Having said that, I think he does have some blind spots that worry me a bit in that they may end up being an issue in a big playoff series. His ceiling remains unknown. As for this season alone, pre-playoffs, Bruce deserves to be in the conversation for the Adams.

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
There's only 6 defensemen..... If you sit one for the whole game, you're going with 5 defenseman. Kampfer played 12 minutes because he's not good at anything.

True, but back in november when the Bruins blueline was Krug, Grzcelyk, Lauzon, Clifton, Kampfer and Zboril, Cassidy had no problem playing Zboril for 10 minutes and Kampfer for 14. Two times in back-to-back games. (Dallas and Arizona in november 17 and 18, in case anyone wants to check that).

Now, fwiw Krug kind of got benched yesterday in the 2nd period, I think he played 4 shifts and less than 3 minutes.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
I can't even......I've been reading his nonsense for years and I just can't even.......although I will admit that I've been having a pretty bad day and this has put the first smile on my face today......where did I leave that facepalm emoji?

I don't understand why folks who contribute to good discussion put up with bad posters. Why bother to read their posts or reply to them?

Why not put them on Ignore and avoid all the angst and nonense?

Reactions: Gee Wally

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Now, fwiw Krug kind of got benched yesterday in the 2nd period, I think he played 4 shifts and less than 3 minutes.

Given his injury status, I have to think that was the issue rather than him getting benched for making mistakes. That would have been the first time, but certainly not the first time Krug played a poor defensive game.

The Laukomotive

Nov 26, 2017
Given his injury status, I have to think that was the issue rather than him getting benched for making mistakes. That would have been the first time, but certainly not the first time Krug played a poor defensive game.

Maybe, it depends when he got hurt. If it was in the second period, it happened in the beginning of it and and could be it and the doctors were looking at it for the rest of the period. Anyway, Krug came back in the 3rd and played over 7 minutes in 9 shifts.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I am not going to go through every game log to check- what a waste of time, but I guarantee that number is completely made up. Off the top of my head I think there have been 3 or 4 recently. Maybe a bit more, and something you don't like to see at any time, but 15-20 is just bat**** nuts

Suspect this fellow is having a bit of fun with you guys.

In the event, the Bruins under Claude Julien had more than a few "too many men" penalties during his tenure. Surprising to me because he was/is such a conservative, lock down coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->