Management Bruce Cassidy II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC
I think Bruce did a great job.... I'm just saying I wouldn't mind them interviewing other candidates. If Bruce ends up being the right man for the job going forward I am on board but I'd like them to explore all options.

This is how I feel as well. Have no problem with Butch getting the job, but don't close any doors just yet

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Who else could get this result out of this team though???

I heard it enough when Fraud Julien was here leading them to 2 straight season ending dumps, so I figured I'd throw it back out there for the hell of it... :naughty:

Exactly, and furthermore Julien didn't go any further than the Bruins in terms of one and done. Only difference is that CJ had a healthier team and started off with a lead in the standings with Montreal.
Cassidy started off with a deficit but ended up getting all anyone could've gotten out of them.
Too many injuries too many passengers but yet he/they almost got past the most boring damn team going.
I did not expect them to get this far 4 months ago. The B's have a great future starting very soon with young guys like Carlo, McAvoy etc etc.
Let Cassidy start fresh, possibly allow him to pick his assistants and let's see what he can do.

iReckless

Apr 29, 2013
New Hampshire
Bruce will take it as a form of disrespect from the management if they interview other candidates, if they do interview other people I bet Bruce moves on and takes a job elsewhere

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Kind of like having two options for dinner: chicken crap or horse crap. Dinner is going to taste nasty no matter which one you choose.

It was apparent during the PP,they just don't have enough talent,so let's dress the guy who hits but can't put a puck in the ocean.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Kind of like having two options for dinner: chicken crap or horse crap. Dinner is going to taste nasty no matter which one you choose.

But then I choose the meal with the better side dish. In that case the PP-abilities that come with Spooner.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Really liked what Bruce dido with this team. I'd give him a 2 year deal and let him pick his staff (later Sacco).

Though Dafoomie tweeted a horror show scenario earlier. Not linking the direct tweet because language.

dafoomie‏ @dafoomie
I'll miss Cassidy's cheap suits when they hire Bylsma and **** up everything they've build towards.

Oh my God that's a nightmare scenario if it ever happened.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Exactly, and furthermore Julien didn't go any further than the Bruins in terms of one and done. Only difference is that CJ had a healthier team and started off with a lead in the standings with Montreal.
Cassidy started off with a deficit but ended up getting all anyone could've gotten out of them.
Too many injuries too many passengers but yet he/they almost got past the most boring damn team going.
I did not expect them to get this far 4 months ago. The B's have a great future starting very soon with young guys like Carlo, McAvoy etc etc.
Let Cassidy start fresh, possibly allow him to pick his assistants and let's see what he can do.

Agreed. He did a damn good job after inheriting a very messy situation. Love to see what he'd do if he were here at the start of a season.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Absolutely. I don't pretend to know if he's best longterm coach for this team.

That said he was sort of given an ultimatum..... temporary unless you make PO's

He delivered the goods and IMO coached an extraordinary series given our injuries on D and missing Krejci.

Deserves the job next year.

Agree with all you've said except for the Krejci part.
I believe the Bruins played their best with him out of the lineup, and if we could got Pasta to stop the blind back passes he learned from Krejci wed be even further ahead!

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Beleskey instead of Spooner was a mistake

Beleskey, Spooner, Hayes, or call up ANOTHER rookie with no experience. Can he win?

I hope he's back next season. Tough series for him but you can't ignore everything he did right.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Agreed. He did a damn good job after inheriting a very messy situation. Love to see what he'd do if he were here at the start of a season.

My gut tells me that they will make him the head coach. I'm fine with it, he did a heck of a job with what he was given.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I'm not really a fan of his timid approach. His 'do the right thing' way will get us pushed around night after night.
But all in all he did a great job. They don't get in without him. I would bring him back.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruce will take it as a form of disrespect from the management if they interview other candidates, if they do interview other people I bet Bruce moves on and takes a job elsewhere

I didn't know he was single and 24

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
Really liked what Bruce dido with this team. I'd give him a 2 year deal and let him pick his staff (later Sacco).

Though Dafoomie tweeted a horror show scenario earlier. Not linking the direct tweet because language.

dafoomie‏ @dafoomie
I'll miss Cassidy's cheap suits when they hire Bylsma and **** up everything they've build towards.

Oh my God that's a nightmare scenario if it ever happened.

can't see that happening...Bylsma just got canned...AGAIN! I think the book is out on him and he may be hosed for a while...until LV hires him.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
can't see that happening...Bylsma just got canned...AGAIN! I think the book is out on him and he may be hosed for a while...until LV hires him.

dafoomie must be joking

Blysma is finished...

Cassidy will need to take accountability for the teams stupid penalties...

flipping pucks into the stands and too many man on the ice.

Otherwise he did a fine job with what he had to work with....the situation he adopted

he also helped end the 3 year playoff drought

Its up to sweeney to provide him the pieces next season for better success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad