Bruce Boudreau out per Friedman, Russo

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
You couldn't possibly show less confidence in your team than this. They're in the thick of a playoff hunt, you gust traded a well liked productive player in Zucker, and now you fire the well respected coach( that no one was accusing of being the problem).

Guerin is gunning for a scorched earth rebuild. I didn't believe it would be possible with Parise/Sutter, and I wouldn't have done it myself. But here he goes. It'll be a legit firesale leading up to the TDL for Minny. Mark my words.

Reactions: KWP

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Is this a case where there's a guy available they really want? (Like Vegas). I'm confused
He hasn’t accomplished anything with them.

I’m not saying that’s his fault (it’s their roster) but when you are there for years and can’t get past the first round or make the playoffs then this is what happens. Not very shocking.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Well I wasn’t expecting this especially given their last results...

There’s got to be more to it, something behind the scenes.

He’ll be on a new bench soon enough.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Bill Gwaron said he still expects to make the playoffs after he traded Zucker

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Any team on the playoff bubble that hires Boudreau will get a big boost.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This seems like a move Guerin was looking to make for a while but the team wasn't bad enough to actually do it . That Rangers Shootout loss wasn't even that bad. Oh well . Hell get another job somewhere.

I'd have ridden out the season with Boudreau . Maybe they make the playoffs , maybe they don't and then make a decision.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If Minnesota’s goaltenders had allowed the same number of goals as expected goals, they would have a goal differential of +29.

4-A22-C0-E1-9207-4-BAF-8-D2-F-6573-EE76222-A.png

Boudreau is getting one of the league’s best skater performances out of a group of skaters that is frankly mediocre at best. His team is being dragged down by what is by far the worst goaltending tandem in the NHL, and he still has them very close to a playoff spot by points percentage.

This is the dumbest head coach firing of the season.

Apocalypse Dude

"Value"
Jul 25, 2012
Nova Scotia
He hasn’t accomplished anything with them.

I’m not saying that’s his fault (it’s their roster) but when you are there for years and can’t get past the first round or make the playoffs then this is what happens. Not very shocking.

I get what you mean and I'm not shocked he's fired. It's just the timing is surprising to me

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad