Bruce Boudreau out per Friedman, Russo

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
If Minnesota’s goaltenders had allowed the same number of goals as expected goals, they would have a goal differential of +29.

4-A22-C0-E1-9207-4-BAF-8-D2-F-6573-EE76222-A.png

Boudreau is getting one of the league’s best skater performances out of a group of skaters that is frankly mediocre at best. His team is being dragged down by what is by far the worst goaltending tandem in the NHL, and he still has them very close to a playoff spot by points percentage.

This is the dumbest head coach firing of the season.
Trade goalies and Paul Maurice has one of the worst records in the league and Boudreau one of the best.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
If Minnesota’s goaltenders had allowed the same number of goals as expected goals, they would have a goal differential of +29.

4-A22-C0-E1-9207-4-BAF-8-D2-F-6573-EE76222-A.png

Boudreau is getting one of the league’s best skater performances out of a group of skaters that is frankly mediocre at best. His team is being dragged down by what is by far the worst goaltending tandem in the NHL, and he still has them very close to a playoff spot by points percentage.

This is the dumbest head coach firing of the season.
This is why I asked why they haven’t traded for a goalie. Goalies are pretty cheap, and they’d almost certainly be in a playoff spot with even marginally better goaltending.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Most Wild fans thought Guerin would just let the year play out and let Bruce go after that, as he's in the final year of his contract. The timing is pretty strange unless he's got his guy ready to go.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It would however be pretty interesting to see a version of the Minnesota Wild that does not play defense.

Didn't exactly make the Isles relevant when Weight was coaching there. It was a complete clownfiesta .

Reactions: aufheben

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Weird year for coaches. Don't follow Minny closely. IIRC they had gotten off to a bad start but seemed to have rebounded nicely. Close to a playoff spot with games at hand.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
I don't get it, does Minnesota really feel they're good enough to fire the coach in an attempt to push to make the playoffs?
Probably the other way around. Guerin wants to push Wild out of a playoff contention.
Bruce Boudreau is one of the worst post season coaches
That's such an hote take I think I was just set aflamed. Without Anaheim's goalies (Andersen) choking every year he was there, he would've had at least 1 Stanley Cup appearance with them. And Capitals choked for years with and without him.

Reactions: stopclickbait

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015

That would be really dumb by Guerin.

This would be the last name on my list of replacements. With the likes of Gallant, Laviollette, and even Babcock available I cannot fathom why Guerin would go after Weight?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This would be the last name on my list of replacements. With the likes of Gallant, Laviollette, and even Babcock available I cannot fathom why Guerin would go after Weight?

Usually the most simple explanation is the correct one. Guerin and Weight are good buddies in this case.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Have to imagine Babcock fits the Wild like a glove. Question is if they will pay for his services. He would excel with a team like theirs. Solid structurally and can grind out wins.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
He most certainly was not the problem. Look at how many coaches the Wild have burned through since #11 and #20 came to town. Look how many mid-season slumps the Wild have had since #11 and #20 have come to town. Goaltending didn't help either.
Uhh 2. They've been through 2 head coaches. In 8 seasons. That's hardly remarkable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad