Rumor: Bruce Boudreau Extension coming shortly: Update - Nope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019
Washington was a heavy weight contender during his time there.

Anaheim was a heavy weight contender during his time there.

Minny was a decent contender for a couple of years.
Which of those teams was talented enough to win the Cup? Maybe the Caps but they've flamed out every year since Ovi's been there except 2018. They also went from dogshit before his arrival to a contender overnight.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Can Boudreau coach in the playoffs.

That’s the million dollar question.

Does he have what it takes to make the necessary line up adjustments to win a 7 game series versus a very smart opponent?

The last thing I want to happen is to bring a knife to a gunfight.

He either can do it or he can’t.

There’s no earning here IMO.

Reactions: mossey3535

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Which of those teams was talented enough to win the Cup? Maybe the Caps but they've flamed out every year since Ovi's been there except 2018. They also went from dogshit before his arrival to a contender overnight.
Maybe the Caps? If you can't accept the Caps were bonefide contenders during that I'm wasting my time.

Reactions: mossey3535

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Can Boudreau coach in the playoffs.

That’s the million dollar question.

Does he have what it takes to make the necessary line up adjustments to win a 7 game series versus a very smart opponent?

The last thing I want to happen is to bring a knife to a gunfight.

He either can do it or he can’t.

There’s no earning here IMO.
Bruce is nearly 68 years old. He won’t be coaching this team in any playoff game that actually is relevant to winning the Stanley Cup. This project is still too early.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Bruce is nearly 68 years old. He won’t be coaching this team in any playoff game that actually is relevant to winning the Stanley Cup. This project is still too early.
I feel like Bruce is the perfect coach if they trade Miller and take a strategic step back. Bruce will make the important guys left here feel good and help them get some goals and keep the fans off managements back by distracting them with some exciting hockey and an encore of Bruce there it is.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Maybe the Caps? If you can't accept the Caps were bonefide contenders during that I'm wasting my time.

Talented enough for sure... But that was before Ovechkin started to play in both ends of the ice.

Could be argued that Bruce should have gotten AO8 to commit to a defensive game in addition to his elite offense, but I wouldn't blame Bruce for that. Those things are insanely hard to gauge. Basically just down to specualtion.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I know there is a portion of HFCanucks that believes the project is too early.

I don’t share this sentiment and neither do the players.

Quinn is feeling urgency seeing his younger brother tearing it up in Jersey.

Petey is feeling urgency to make up for lost development and performance time so he can get paid in full.

Bo’s not getting any younger.

Brock has had a real tough go at it.

JT knows his best chance to make his 30s count is right here in front of his nose. He’s earned a permanent top 3 spot on this team and that’s not necessarily the case anywhere else.

As far as the players are concerned, the project is overdue by 2 years. They should have resigned Tanev and Toffoli and built on top of the success they achieved in the post season.

That didn’t happen of course and here we f***ing are talking about another f***ing retool.

Players don’t have any more time to f*** around and I see them pushing hard next season.

BB or no BB, I don’t care. I just pray they make the right decision because 1-2-3-4 royally f***ed the 2011 core.

Reactions: F A N

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Trotz would definitely be an exciting coaching hire. Doubt he comes here though. I also doubt the Canucks would make him a fair offer. Canucks seem stuck on paying their headcoach ~$2-2.5M a year max.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
According to Drance Bruce was on the call with the canucks brass and Russian KHL free agent today.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
I know there is a portion of HFCanucks that believes the project is too early.

I don’t share this sentiment and neither do the players.

Quinn is feeling urgency seeing his younger brother tearing it up in Jersey.

Petey is feeling urgency to make up for lost development and performance time so he can get paid in full.

Bo’s not getting any younger.

Brock has had a real tough go at it.

JT knows his best chance to make his 30s count is right here in front of his nose. He’s earned a permanent top 3 spot on this team and that’s not necessarily the case anywhere else.

As far as the players are concerned, the project is overdue by 2 years. They should have resigned Tanev and Toffoli and built on top of the success they achieved in the post season.

That didn’t happen of course and here we f***ing are talking about another f***ing retool.

Players don’t have any more time to f*** around and I see them pushing hard next season.

BB or no BB, I don’t care. I just pray they make the right decision because 1-2-3-4 royally f***ed the 2011 core.

How do you figure that we are ready? Newsflash , we don’t have anymore chips to go all in. Dim already went all in 2 or 3 seasons in a row. We simply don’t have anymore chips to go all in. Lol

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Very curious what those details are. Wonder if he’s seeking some sort of amendment on his contract that either adds some sort of incentive for himself. Not sure if pay escalators based on performance are allowed in coaches contracts.

Reactions: F A N

JUMBOcanuck

Nov 15, 2007
Very curious what those details are. Wonder if he’s seeking some sort of amendment on his contract that either adds some sort of incentive for himself. Not sure if pay escalators based on performance are allowed in coaches contracts.
Maybe he wants to bring in his own staff? Walker was the only guy that came with him.

Reactions: Vector

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Maybe he wants to bring in his own staff? Walker was the only guy that came with him.

Bob Woods was Boudreau's long time assistant but unless he chooses to leave I don't see why Minnesota wouldn't bring him back given the year they have had. With Boudreau not having job security, might be a good idea for Woods to stay put.

There could be some coaching openings though. King and Gustafson being obvious targets to be replaced.

Reactions: Vector

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
King seems like such an obvious change but maybe they work with him or shuffle responsibilities.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

This article mentions it’s not term or salary so I’m assuming it’s either authority over certain team aspects, more input into or assurances of personnel decisions, and/or sorting out his coaching staff. Should have an official decision in the next week.

“Boudreau hopes to nail down a couple of items with management next week and would like to have things settled within the next ten days if possible. The items do not involve his term or salary.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad