Rumor: Bruce Boudreau Extension coming shortly: Update - Nope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

Irf with the latest scoop on whether or not Boudreau will be back - certainly seems to indicate he will be.

The situation has been an odd ride of "will they, won't they" over the past month or so. But it's hard to ignore the success the team had with him, and his enormous popularity in the market.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If he’s under contract then why the rush?

I might be mistaken, but I believe his contract next year is a "team option". There's been a lot of rumor, discussion and chatter surrounding this topic, but in recent days it's become more evident that the team wishes to retain him, and that an extension would be in order to make it happen. Something in the order of 3 years (team preference), or 4 years (Boudreau's preference).

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Soooo happy Brue is going to come back.

The boys seem to really like playing for him. Can't wait to see what he brings to the team after the off-season.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
This is good, some stability going into the off season, and will let free agents or even potential NTC trades who the coach is going to be.

Also doesn’t it feel strangely healthy to get stuff like this done now and not say at the very last minute…

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
So happy to have Bruce Boudreau as our coach and a core of EP, Hughes, Demko, Horvat, possibly Miller, along with other players like Pod, Garland, OEL, and Boeser if they keep him.

Reactions: Canuckle1970

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Makes sense. He was also the face of the team in many ways after the Benning/Green regime was finally kicked to the curb. Anyone would have looked good after those clowns were let go but BB seems to have done a better job than just being Not Benning/Green

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Would Boudreau sign an extension if he believed that the Canucks were going to be selling off a significant number of vets this off-season (especially Miller, but also Boeser, Garland, and a few others)?

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019
Has to be done. His impact was immediate and their turnaround was stunning. Lotta guys came on strong down the stretch too.

A full offseason and training camp with his system should get this team off to a much better start next season and give them a really good shot at a decent seed for the playoffs in 2022-23.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i’m agnostic about whether or not to retain boudreau

but i take it as a good sign that a name coach who might be on his last kick at the can looked at our core and our new management and is willing to sign on

i bet he took a long hard look at ownership too, so a good sign that he’s satisfied with their (non-)involvement moving forward

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
He's the perfect coach for this roster and and this market.

He unlocked a lot of players since he took over and I expect he will be a huge influence on the next wave of younger players making the lineup. I can see Rathbone thriving under him.

Reactions: The Stig

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
He’s a good coach. It’s nice to see the organization splash some cash on these positions again.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I might be mistaken, but I believe his contract next year is a "team option". There's been a lot of rumor, discussion and chatter surrounding this topic, but in recent days it's become more evident that the team wishes to retain him, and that an extension would be in order to make it happen. Something in the order of 3 years (team preference), or 4 years (Boudreau's preference).

From what I understand its team and coach option.

Super happy if Bruce wants to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad