Value of: Brodin To Montreal

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yeah. Minny’s situation is akward. I’m not sure exactly where they stand. How is Suter right now? Recovering well? What about Parise?
Suter seems alright and says he feels great. Parise looked very good after his back surgery last season and it didn't sound like the injury he got in the playoffs is something that'll nag him. Only time will tell with both though, especially Parise.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Suter seems alright and says he feels great. Parise looked very good after his back surgery last season and it didn't sound like the injury he got in the playoffs is something that'll nag him. Only time will tell with both though, especially Parise.

Cool. I haven’t followed their rehab so I wasn’t sure whether they would be back or not... especially Suter where people were saying it was a career-threatening injury

If both are healthy, all bets are off and I think Minny got a good little team and I don’t think futures will be what they want.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
So it’s basically Gallagher or bust?

I’ve been on this site for barely a year and some change. I don’t know what the hell you’re talking aboht

Yes we do. I don’t agree with all of Bergevin moves. Some were good, some were ok and some were questionable. The difference between you and me is that I will cheer for my team, whether they are good or bad.

Bergevin has shown in the past that he’s able to do some solid trades (Petry, Danault). Although he did some mistakes, I’m willing to give him the benefits of the doubt considering he had a very solid draft, summer and most recently a solid trade from a situation that was delicate, at best.

He’s got potential to be a top GM. He made some mistakes which I’m sure he’s learned from. Not everyone’s perfect. At least he’s heading (and the team) in the right direction.
“He’s got potential to be a top GM”

:laugh::biglaugh::lol: :whine::joker::snide:

90B24569-D53F-4044-B6AE-08916861E7D9.jpeg

Something is very wrong with everything you are saying, it’s mind blowing.

:scared::loony::facepalm::dunno::eek::doh::propeller

Solid trades? He acquired Petry, Danault was never a need because we had an upgrade in Eller.

Bergevin solid trades: 1

Bergevin bad trades: 20

It’s usually 1 step forward 2 steps back with Bergy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
“He’s got potential to be a top GM”

:laugh::biglaugh::lol: :whine::joker::snide:

View attachment 139801

Something is very wrong with everything you are saying, it’s mind blowing.

:scared::loony::facepalm::dunno::eek::doh::propeller

Solid trades? He acquired Petry, Danault was never a need because we had an upgrade in Eller.

Bergevin solid trades: 1

Bergevin bad trades: 20

It’s usually 1 step forward 2 steps back with Bergy.

Lol. So Danault wasn’t a good trade? Plekanec for a 2nd wasn’t a good trade? Pacioretty’s wasn’t a good trade? Dumping Cole and other cap dump weren’t good trades?

Name me 20 bad trades he’s done

Reactions: stanley25

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Lol. So Danault wasn’t a good trade? Plekanec for a 2nd wasn’t a good trade? Pacioretty’s wasn’t a good trade? Dumping Cole and other cap dump weren’t good trades?

Name me 20 bad trades he’s done
Danault should of never happened in the first place because we should of kept Eller who is a much better player, see the logic? And we could of drafted DeBrincat and Girard instead of acquiring Shaw...

So: Danault and Shaw instead of Eller, Debrincat, Girard. See how horrible that is?

Plekanec should have been traded Right after Bergevin lost Radulov and Markov for nothing because of his incompetence and arrogance, we would have gotten more for him. And Bergevin should have never given him that premature 6mil dollar deal to begin with, he rushed that for no reason, Plekanec fell off of a cliff 2 weeks later.

Pacioretty should have been traded at last season’s deadline, for a significantly larger return as per Pierre McGuire, he wouldn’t elaborate the teams that were interested, but Bergevin’s ask what not reasonable.

Dumping Cole and other cap dumps? Really? That’s all you have? Are you working for the Canadiens organization? Or working PR for Bergevin directly or inderectly?

You wanna got tit for tat about Bergevin’s moves? I will easily destroy them all.
Name me a significant trade other than the acquisition of Petry?

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
35 hours later and still nothing? Noticed you were viewing forum lists 44 mins ago. This is a thread that YOU created, why not just admit to yourself that Bergevin is the worst GM in the history of GMs? Everyone knows it.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
35 hours later and still nothing? Noticed you were viewing forum lists 44 mins ago. This is a thread that YOU created, why not just admit to yourself that Bergevin is the worst GM in the history of GMs? Everyone knows it.
Bergevin's not a good gm but definitely not the worst GM. I am not an mb lover but your obviously over exaggerating. He has made some excellent trades and you still havent named 20 bad trades.

Eller is also not a much better player. Their both good defensively and Danault has had the better season whereas Eller has had better playoffs. Eller is also 4 years older. Maybe Eller is marginally better right now only because playoffs mean more, but that doesnt mean Danault will not get better from 25-29 years old.

You cant use but we could have drafted such and such, that's hindsight Debrincat was drafted 39th and Girard was drafted 47th. Every other team in the league could have had them, some twice over. Do I like Shaw no but these 2 picks could have easily amounted to nothing and Shaw brought 2 Stanley cups to a team that had marginal playoff experience.

I agree however that the pleks contract was a mistake and there was no advantage in not waitting to extend him.

Anyways too lazy to comment on the rest but your on a hockey board to have a discussion no need to bully posters and pretend your a hockey know it all.

Fyi it's also extremely weird and creepy of you to be checking up on the last time a poster was online as if you've been waitting by your phone for 2 days for a response. It's only hockey dude most people are here to simply check up on their favorite team as it makes them happy to do so. No need to belittle them we're obviously all not gms, just chill.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deam78

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think if Minnesota trades Brodin it'll be for a forward upgrade, though it remains to be seen how big a need that really is. I don't see them moving him for futures, unless said futures are pretty compelling.
I'll put it another way. The only way I see Brodin being moved is for an upgrade, period, whether it be a Dman or forward . To trade our future #1 LHD ( Suter is great, but age waits for no one) for spare parts and/or futures would be stupid. Brodin might not have a sexy game for any but Defensive defenseman nerds like myself, but he fits as a perfect counterpoint to our more offensive Dmen.

If the Wild could've traded Brodin + for Karlsson? Sure( doesn't sound so bad to OTT fans now, I'd bet). You don't turn that down, even though EK would be an awkward fit on the Wild.
Brodin for Poehling? No...sorry. Not that Poehling might not be a better player than Brodin, but that is by no means a sure thing. I would say his ceiling is that of a 2C, but he could well end up being a bottom six guy on a good team. You don't trade a Brodin for that. Remember, he would end up being the Habs best Dman after Weber...sticking him together with Weber would give MTL a legit top pairing. Brodin is a #4 Dman the way Scandella was a #5 Dman.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’m not sold on Brodin being the future #1 LHD. There are some holes in his game that need to be fixed if he wants to be a top pairing player. Suter will be the top guy likely until his contract expires.

Reactions: Tuntrui and 2Pair

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

What do you want me to say? You’ve said all those trades exept the Petry ones were bad and you weren’t able to come up with 20 bad trades like you said you could. So, what exactly am I supposed to say?

I’m not a fan of Bergevin and I do believe he made some questionable moves. However, he’s far, far away from being what you call him.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Bergevin is bad...

Brutal moves:
Letting radulov walk
Subban for Weber
Price extension
Drouin trade
Trading Pacioretty
Alzner contract
Passing on Zadina third overall
Gomez trade?? Idk if he was the gm for this but horrible

Probably bad move:
Domi trade

Honestly wtf are the habs doing

Trading your captain when he is in his prime for futures especially when you have a prime price and weber?? Who is going to score goals? is your team trying to compete or trying to be bad who knows

If it weren’t for ottawa, Montreal would be winners of the joke of the league

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
The price would be Brodin + + right now, please what has Brodin done to be worth Gallagher?

And lol at you placing Poehling on the untouchables list, guy has a 3C ceiling. Stop Homering so hard.

The best comparable right now to Poehling is Mittlestadt. Poehling is younger, put up very similar points, and was more defensively sound. Mittlestadt is more explosive and quicker and def has a higher upside but the gap is far smaller than most people realize. No-one doubts Mittlestadt’s potential could be a mid level 1c but few are willing to accept that Poehling projects on the same range though with lower odds. Poehling is far more likely to develop into a 2c than a 3c, this makes him untouchable.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Bergevin is bad...

Brutal moves:
Letting radulov walk
Subban for Weber
Price extension
Drouin trade
Trading Pacioretty
Alzner contract

Probably bad move:
Domi trade

Trading your captain when he is in his prime for futures especially when you have a prime price and weber?? Who is going to score goals? is your team trying to compete or trying to be bad who knows

- Bergevin isn’t really to blame here. He wanted him back. Radulov made his choice.
- Questionable move for sure. However, Weber is still a solid #1 RHD.
- Not sure what you expected here. He’s a generational talent (in net). I don’t think letting him walk would’ve been better
- Questionable as well. Sergachev is a train wreck defensively but still could emerge like a steal for Tampa. Drouin is Drouin. So talented.
- Probably his best trade so far.
- Bad contract for sure. However term & money aren’t cap killer either
- Passing on Zadina and drafting Kotkaniemi is probably the best move he ever made. We’ll see how it goes but for me it’s a hella positive move
- He wasn’t even close to being Montreal’s GM

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Bergevin is bad...

Brutal moves:
Letting radulov walk
Subban for Weber
Price extension
Drouin trade
Trading Pacioretty
Alzner contract

Probably bad move:
Domi trade

Radulov staying could have been a disaster. Overpaying a vet during a rebuild wouldn’t have been worth it.
The Patches trade was needed, Patches wasn’t part of the future. I don’t like it but their future is better for it.
Zadina was passed over by 5 other teams, Montreal took a risk by addressing their needs. If they want to compete, they need a top line centre and it was a necessary risk.
Gomez trade was before him.
Domi trade... I hate but Chucky needed out. I fault the return more than the trade.

Thing is, MB is really bad. Really, really bad. We don’t need to put blind hate goggles on though.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
It looks bad that Montreal lost 2 good goal scorers in two straight off seasons without replacements when you have Weber and price in their primes

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It looks bad that Montreal lost 2 good goal scorers in two straight off seasons without replacements when you have Weber and price in their primes

Wouldn’t really call either of them in their primes at this point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad