Value of: Brodin To Montreal

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Habs have no need for brodin. They need to get younger. Anyone over 23 is a waste to attain as they're not ready to compete for a very long time

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Habs have no need for brodin. They need to get younger. Anyone over 23 is a waste to attain as they're not ready to compete for a very long time

What’s a very long time? 2 years? 5 years? A decade?

Also, Habs absolutely have a need at LHD whether they are rebuilding or not. Technically, if Gallagher was traded for Brodin we would get younger too

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I have a hard time seeing the Wild trading Brodin at this juncture.

The Wild don't have any really "gaping holes" in their lineup, but probably the weakest spot they do have is 3rd pair LHD.

That's mitigated to an extent by being able to play Suter-Brodin for 45-50 minutes a night every night, allowing the 3LHD to be extremely sheltered.

Trading Broding with no time to get an adaquate replacement blows a giant hole in a playoff teams roster.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
terrible idea.....

just sit back watch the rebuild. They will suck bad for a few and we will get excited about the picks and prospects.

No more quick fix, no way no how.....

# Lose for Hughes
# Rhyme something for Lafreniere

l'équipe dernière pogne Lafreniere!

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
You know there are other factors to career length besides age right?
Of course. That's why I've taken out this aspect and can't wait to see why the poster feels Brodin will have a longer career if not for age. I can't think of anything. Plus longevity and usefulness doesn't always go together, so if he's only talking length wise, it's a useless argument.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Yes if somehow we could get Brodin for Lekhonen + ?? I would be willing to do it. Could add a Mccaron and a 3rd maybe a 2nd

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah I’m sure you’d all love to get a legit 2nd pair defenseman for some meh 23 year old prospects.

Reactions: go4hockey

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
terrible idea.....

just sit back watch the rebuild. They will suck bad for a few and we will get excited about the picks and prospects.

No more quick fix, no way no how.....

# Lose for Hughes
# Rhyme something for Lafreniere

So we sit back, waste good years of Price, Weber, Gallagher, Domi, Drouin, Danault, and all that for a 18.5% shot at getting a franchise player (IF we are last, which mean being worst than Ottawa)?

I'm not saying we should go all in to win and make terrible trade à la Gomez/McDonaugh, but we have a nice little core of players under 25 and Brodin would be perfect to add, for the right price. He's 25 and we don't really have any top pairing LHD coming in the next 2-3 years, so we have to find one somehow. That's the biggest hole we have for the coming years.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So we sit back, waste good years of Price, Weber, Gallagher, Domi, Drouin, Danault, and all that for a 18.5% shot at getting a franchise player (IF we are last, which mean being worst than Ottawa)?

I'm not saying we should go all in to win and make terrible trade à la Gomez/McDonaugh, but we have a nice little core of players under 25 and Brodin would be perfect to add, for the right price. He's 25 and we don't really have any top pairing LHD coming in the next 2-3 years, so we have to find one somehow. That's the biggest hole we have for the coming years.

You’re not going to get Brodin without giving up one of those “nice little under 25 core players” though

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
You’re not going to get Brodin without giving up one of those “nice little under 25 core players” though

I know, and that's fair because that's the price to pay for that kind of player. I'm not saying that THIS "trade" make sense, I'm just saying that we have a hole, and we need to fix it somehow. And that's not by sitting back and wishing to win the lottery.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

And that’s fine if it’s in a package deal. Maybe one of our young winger + a C prospect not named Kotkaniemi, Poehling or Suzuki and a high draft pick (our own 2nd round pick, maybe?).

I mean, if that makes sense for Minny, it’s definitely something I could see Bergevin do and it would benefit us short/long term

I know, and that's fair because that's the price to pay for that kind of player. I'm not saying that THIS "trade" make sense, I'm just saying that we have a hole, and we need to fix it somehow. And that's not by sitting back and wishing to win the lottery.

Couldn’t have said it better

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
And that’s fine if it’s in a package deal. Maybe one of our young winger + a C prospect not named Kotkaniemi, Poehling or Suzuki and a high draft pick (our own 2nd round pick, maybe?).

I mean, if that makes sense for Minny, it’s definitely something I could see Bergevin do and it would benefit us short/long term

personally i like our depth behind brodin to where i am ok parting ways with him with some equal return in the forward department. i dont know enough about montreals players to really have an idea what to want back name wise but RW and C would be what we look for.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016

Would you trade Gallagher for a spare winger, a garbage C prospect and a 2nd ? You wouldnt even give up Poehling ? You must not like Brodin much.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
personally i like our depth behind brodin to where i am ok parting ways with him with some equal return in the forward department. i dont know enough about montreals players to really have an idea what to want back name wise but RW and C would be what we look for.

Perharps this is a discussion that could be had at the next draft? We just drafted 13 C’s in the past two years and we have a bunch of young RW that will get a chance to show what they can do this year (Lehkonen, Scherbak, Armia). If one of them have a good season and we put Drouin back at RW (With having Kotkaniemi & Poehling coming there’s a good chance he moves back to RW), one of the two could be had in a package and/or Gallagher made available.

I think a full year of scouting could be a good way for us to know what we have in them as well as see if one of our C prospect we just drafted take a step up in plays/value.

Maybe we’ll acquire a 1st round pick at the TDL too that could be included in a package. I’m not sure where Minny really stands right now. I don’t know whether they’re going for it or doing a retool on the fly

Would you trade Gallagher for a spare winger, a garbage C prospect and a 2nd ? You wouldnt even give up Poehling ? You must not like Brodin much.

We drafted quantity of C in the 2nd round the past two years (some of them early 2nd round). Not sure why you call them all garbage C’s? I wouldn’t call Lehkonen/Scherbak spare wingers just yet. They both have the talent and will have the chance to show what they made of. I believe one could surprise everyone and have a solid season (especially Lehkonen, who I think could have a 25-20 season)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad