Value of: Brodin To Montreal

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Gonna play Brodin at C? I'll see myself out..

Curious why MON is chasing a guy like Brodin in this proposal?
Time for MON to play their rookies and young talent to finish bottom 5 and continue the rebuild.

Brodin is still fairly young and we have huge hole at LHD with no one in the pipeline. Inwas just curious to see what their needs are and see if we could be a good dance partner

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Do you follow hockey, like, at all ? Even Bergevin is past the point of making such stupid trades to patch roster holes. What would we need Brodin for, our run at the cup ?

He's passionate enough to post on a hockey message board, so, yeah, I'd wager he follows hockey :eyeroll:

No need for the arrogance. Relax.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
He is a young LHD we skates well, we need one maybe two.

Brodin is still fairly young and we have huge hole at LHD with no one in the pipeline. Inwas just curious to see what their needs are and see if we could be a good dance partner

Fair enough. I'd assume Gallagher would be the ask or picks and prospects depending on MINs POV.
Just seems like a lateral move if one for one type deal or a short sighted move if trading away picks and prospects which help build MON back up and battle/compete in 3-4 years.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Do you follow hockey, like, at all ? Even Bergevin is past the point of making such stupid trades to patch roster holes. What would we need Brodin for, our run at the cup ?

Stupid trades? What’s so stupid about trading for a good young LHD who can skate, pass and defend well?

He fills a need long term for us, so I’m not sure where your “do you follow hockey” point comes from.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Fair enough. I'd assume Gallagher would be the ask or picks and prospects depending on MINs POV.
Just seems like a lateral move if one for one type deal or a short sighted move if trading away picks and prospects which help build MON back up and battle/compete in 3-4 years.

If they need good young wingers, we have Lehkonen, Hudon, Scherbak who could all be made available with another plus and a draft pick. I’m not aware of Min’s needs hence why I created this thread

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
He's passionate enough to post on a hockey message board, so, yeah, I'd wager he follows hockey :eyeroll:

No need for the arrogance. Relax.

Yeah, not sure what he’s talking about. The people who have the idea that only having kids in our lineup is benefical are so close-minded and doesn’t understand the concept of learning through veteran/winning.

I think Brodin would be a fantastic add for us long term.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If they need good young wingers, we have Lehkonen, Hudon, Scherbak who could all be made available with another plus and a draft pick. I’m not aware of Min’s needs hence why I created this thread

MIN is in a weird spot, have some young talent and then some older veterans about to hit some declines. Curious what their fans feel is the smart play, go for it and trade some futures or start to sell and do a 2 year re-tool.

I'd say they need a decent C prospect to develop for when Koivu hangs them up. Dont get to see them a ton but if they're trading Brodin, one would assume they want to re-tool.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Any interest in Gunnarsson? Steady, experienced LD that will very likely be available. Maybe a 3rd?

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
MIN is in a weird spot, have some young talent and then some older veterans about to hit some declines. Curious what their fans feel is the smart play, go for it and trade some futures or start to sell and do a 2 year re-tool.

I'd say they need a decent C prospect to develop for when Koivu hangs them up. Dont get to see them a ton but if they're trading Brodin, one would assume they want to re-tool.

Obviously, Kotkaniemi, Poehling and Suzuki are off limits but we just drafted 13 C in the past 2 years so I guess one could be made available for Brodin in a package.

Any interest in Gunnarsson? Steady, experienced LD that will very likely be available. Maybe a 3rd?

Not really. Looking for a 25 years old or younger LHD who can skate and pass the puck well

Reactions: simon IC

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Obviously, Kotkaniemi, Poehling and Suzuki are off limits but we just drafted 13 C in the past 2 years so I guess one could be made available for Brodin in a package.

Interested in approximately 0 of your prospects that aren't those three. We'll just keep Brodin, based on what I've seen in this thread.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'd imagine Wild fans would want to talk Gallagher.
That's what this Wild fan would be looking for from Montreal. Depending on how the first few months play out I do think that Brodin could end up being available this season and into next summer. What Minnesota would want in return would probably depend on how the season goes, but a scoring forward (preferably a RW or center) of comparable age would probably be at the top of the list.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
That's what this Wild fan would be looking for from Montreal. Depending on how the first few months play out I do think that Brodin could end up being available this season and into next summer. What Minnesota would want in return would probably depend on how the season goes, but a scoring forward (preferably a RW or center) of comparable age would probably be at the top of the list.

That’s a steep price for Brodin. Depending on how our young RW’s develop during the season maybe it’s worth a conversation at the TDL or next draft

God no. Gallagher is a good player, but Brodin will be playing in the NHL long after Gallagher.
Brodin would help MTL, but are they actually at the point where they want to be good?

Says who? Your crystal ball?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
God no. Gallagher is a good player, but Brodin will be playing in the NHL long after Gallagher.
Brodin would help MTL, but are they actually at the point where they want to be good?

We are at the point where we need somebody to play defense. A 20yo recent 6th rounder Mete is our best LHD at the moment, and while that's no knock on Mete, it's a putrid situation even for a rebuilding team. Gallagher for Brodin sounds like a good base for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad