Value of: Brodin To Montreal

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We drafted quantity of C in the 2nd round the past two years (some of them early 2nd round). Not sure why you call them all garbage C’s? I wouldn’t call Lehkonen/Scherbak spare wingers just yet. They both have the talent and will have the chance to show what they made of. I believe one could surprise everyone and have a solid season (especially Lehkonen, who I think could have a 25-20 season)

Yeah quite frankly a 45 point winger would be in our bottom 6. Even worse is that they're both left handed, of which we already have 8 in our top 9. It's not worth trading Brodin for. The fact that you all have Poehling as an untouchable says this thread should have ended long ago.

Reactions: go4hockey

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
God are you out to lunch with what is happening with the Habs, absolutely clueless you are.

“Let’s just fill our roster with 22 years old and less for a decade”

There will NO full rebuild. Price and Weber aren’t going anywhere. I think both Bergevin and Molson made it crystal clear. We’re going to get younger, but that does not mean we can’t acquire a guy who just turned 25 and happens to be playing a position we desparately needs depth. Wonder who’s clueless here.

No. Give us a top prospect and a 1st, keep Brodin, we don’t need a 26 year old for our rebuild.

He just turned 25. If you’re going try the smart ass card at least know your facts

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Yeah quite frankly a 45 point winger would be in our bottom 6. Even worse is that they're both left handed, of which we already have 8 in our top 9. It's not worth trading Brodin for. The fact that you all have Poehling as an untouchable says this thread should have ended long ago.

We might have Gallagher available depending on how the guys mentioned above progress, if he’s of more interest although I suspect if he has another 30G season the price would be Brodin+

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
“Let’s just fill our roster with 22 years old and less for a decade”

There will NO full rebuild. Price and Weber aren’t going anywhere. I think both Bergevin and Molson made it crystal clear. We’re going to get younger, but that does not mean we can’t acquire a guy who just turned 25 and happens to be playing a position we desparately needs depth. Wonder who’s clueless here.

He just turned 25. If you’re going try the smart ass card at least know your facts
Ya just like Subban was not going anywhere, remember when he told us that? Boy you are gullible.

It truly is funny how you are trying to “improve” this team, you and Bergevin are like two peas in a pod. Keep believing the lies and deceit.

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
We might have Gallagher available depending on how the guys mentioned above progress, if he’s of more interest although I suspect if he has another 30G season the price would be Brodin+
The price would be Brodin + + right now, please what has Brodin done to be worth Gallagher?

And lol at you placing Poehling on the untouchables list, guy has a 3C ceiling. Stop Homering so hard.

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Yeah I’m sure you’d all love to get a legit 2nd pair defenseman for some meh 23 year old prospects.
Brodie’s numbers are low anyways, he would be a sub 20 point D-man on the Habs crappy team, just keep him, he’s not the guy we need, we don’t need anything but prospects, picks, and to lose as many games as possible.

Last edited:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
The price would be Brodin + + right now, please what has Brodin done to be worth Gallagher?

And lol at you placing Poehling on the untouchables list, guy has a 3C ceiling. Stop Homering so hard.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Ok 25 then, still don’t want him, prospects and 1st round pick needed for Gallagher.

You still were wrong

Delusional. Gallagher will never be traded for picks and prospects. If he does, it will be for someone around his age or a little young who fills a need long term. Brodin fits thag bill

Brodie’s numbers are low anyways, he would be a sub 20 point D-man on the Habs crappy team, just keep him, he’s not the guy we need, we don’t need anything but prospects, picks, and to lose as many games as possible.

That is SO short-sighted. That’s the old Arizona mentality and check where that brought them. Cycling 25+ years old for draft picks and prospects only to see them mature a bit a then be traded for draft picks and prospects once they reach 25-26. Rinse & repeat forever.

With our current lineup, I’m not even sure we will be bottom 5, let alone having over 10% chances of landing Hughes.

We already have a solid prospect pool, good young under 25 talents and a good group of veteran. This year will be transitional year for sure but once Kotkaniemi, Poehling and Suzuki makes it next year with our current group, we will not bottom out unless a big/long term injury happens to both Price and Weber

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Wrong.

Wrong.

You still were wrong

Delusional. Gallagher will never be traded for picks and prospects. If he does, it will be for someone around his age or a little young who fills a need long term. Brodin fits thag bill

That is SO short-sighted. That’s the old Arizona mentality and check where that brought them. Cycling 25+ years old for draft picks and prospects only to see them mature a bit a then be traded for draft picks and prospects once they reach 25-26. Rinse & repeat forever.

With our current lineup, I’m not even sure we will be bottom 5, let alone having over 10% chances of landing Hughes.

We already have a solid prospect pool, good young under 25 talents and a good group of veteran. This year will be transitional year for sure but once Kotkaniemi, Poehling and Suzuki makes it next year with our current group, we will not bottom out unless a big/long term injury happens to both Price and Weber

Playoff bubble/1st round exit. Draft 15-25. Rinse and repeat forever. Sounds like a habs team our fans will like !

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Playoff bubble/1st round exit. Draft 15-25. Rinse and repeat forever. Sounds like a habs team our fans will like !

Thats the case for what, 23 other teams as well?

That was also the case for the mighty godly Maple Leafs after their rebuild and supposedly turn of franchise.

I’m not saying we should sacrifice our top prospects and picks for a cup run but we don’t need to sale everything over 25 for Karlsson’s like return and we sure as hell don’t need to tank forever and ever.

Of course we lack a few pieces but other than a top LHD we already have them all in our system.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016

That was also the case for the mighty godly Maple Leafs after their rebuild and supposedly turn of franchise.

I’m not saying we should sacrifice our top prospects and picks for a cup run but we don’t need to sale everything over 25 for Karlsson’s like return and we sure as hell don’t need to tank forever and ever.

Of course we lack a few pieces but other than a top LHD we already have them all in our system.

Yes ! Habs and Leafs are the exact same thing !

Reactions: Cobra Commander

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Perharps this is a discussion that could be had at the next draft? We just drafted 13 C’s in the past two years and we have a bunch of young RW that will get a chance to show what they can do this year (Lehkonen, Scherbak, Armia). If one of them have a good season and we put Drouin back at RW (With having Kotkaniemi & Poehling coming there’s a good chance he moves back to RW), one of the two could be had in a package and/or Gallagher made available.

I think a full year of scouting could be a good way for us to know what we have in them as well as see if one of our C prospect we just drafted take a step up in plays/value.

Maybe we’ll acquire a 1st round pick at the TDL too that could be included in a package. I’m not sure where Minny really stands right now. I don’t know whether they’re going for it or doing a retool on the fly

We drafted quantity of C in the 2nd round the past two years (some of them early 2nd round). Not sure why you call them all garbage C’s? I wouldn’t call Lehkonen/Scherbak spare wingers just yet. They both have the talent and will have the chance to show what they made of. I believe one could surprise everyone and have a solid season (especially Lehkonen, who I think could have a 25-20 season)

as of know its go with the flow until the new GM knows what to look for in regards to a trade. 1 month in we will know more. if we are under.500 at the TDL id expect a good chunk of the team is gonna be traded.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
as of know its go with the flow until the new GM knows what to look for in regards to a trade. 1 month in we will know more. if we are under.500 at the TDL id expect a good chunk of the team is gonna be traded.

Yeah, I don’t expect any movement before the TDL. We’ll see how it goes. However, it’s safe to say that since the TDL, Bergevin did a good job.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center

We have them all in our system? Delusional. You have been agreeing with Bergevin’s plan for 6 years now lol.

Reactions: TakinMaattaOnMyRide

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Wrong.

Wrong.

You still were wrong

The sad part is that you seriously believe this crap.

Reactions: TakinMaattaOnMyRide

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
we just need a few more RH forwards. 8 of our top 9 are LH so its not quite ideal.

So it’s basically Gallagher or bust?

It’s safe to say that you are on Bergevin’s payroll.

I’ve been on this site for barely a year and some change. I don’t know what the hell you’re talking aboht

We have them all in our system? Delusional. You have been agreeing with Bergevin’s plan for 6 years now lol.

Yes we do. I don’t agree with all of Bergevin moves. Some were good, some were ok and some were questionable. The difference between you and me is that I will cheer for my team, whether they are good or bad.

Bergevin has shown in the past that he’s able to do some solid trades (Petry, Danault). Although he did some mistakes, I’m willing to give him the benefits of the doubt considering he had a very solid draft, summer and most recently a solid trade from a situation that was delicate, at best.

He’s got potential to be a top GM. He made some mistakes which I’m sure he’s learned from. Not everyone’s perfect. At least he’s heading (and the team) in the right direction.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I think if Minnesota trades Brodin it'll be for a forward upgrade, though it remains to be seen how big a need that really is. I don't see them moving him for futures, unless said futures are pretty compelling.

Yeah. Minny’s situation is akward. I’m not sure exactly where they stand. How is Suter right now? Recovering well? What about Parise?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad