Confirmed with Link: Brodeur signs with the Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
It just makes sense to sign Marty.
There is no risk in the type of season we are enduring.

I really hope we get the chance to send Marty out the right way, I would be so stoked.

Didn't we already do this like 4 times last year?

I want no part of this. I'm unfortunately still sour on how he acted last year once things didn't go his way.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Ship has sailed. Don't bring him back. His last game here was a win last year. Pretend these 6 games with the Blues didn't happen and move on. He was my favourite player ever, but to sign him for part of the season is a slap in the face to both goalies we have now IMO. Let's move on, the guy can't play forever even though some posters seem to think he can.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I'm all for signing/acquiring Marty, however his gig in STL comes to an end.

Could add some flavor to an otherwise bland and meaningless season. Kinky can help Albany for a playoff push, and can be promised the full-time backup job next year.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'm all for signing/acquiring Marty, however his gig in STL comes to an end.

Could add some flavor to an otherwise bland and meaningless season. Kinky can help Albany for a playoff push, and can be promised the full-time backup job next year.

Or compete for the starting role.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
The nostalgic part of me would like to see Marty back near the end for a final few games, but the realistic part of me looks at that and not only does it scream like a gimmicky Rangers type move to sell some seats to get all wishy washy, but also given our situation, KK doesn't belong in Albany as he has shown and Cory's situation is self explanatory; the torch was passed last summer.

Marty went out winning his final game at home and the next time he should be in a Devils uniform should be on the night his banner will be raised into the rafters.

image.png

theking72

Confucius Ackbar
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
NJ
The nostalgic part of me would like to see Marty back near the end for a final few games, but the realistic part of me looks at that and not only does it scream like a gimmicky Rangers type move to sell some seats to get all wishy washy, but also given our situation, KK doesn't belong in Albany as he has shown and Cory's situation is self explanatory; the torch was passed last summer.

Marty went out winning his final game at home and the next time he should be in a Devils uniform should be on the night his banner will be raised into the rafters.

image.png

nothing-is-over-gif.gif

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Rumor that Marty is considering a front office job with the Blues. Not surprising, I always figured he would sign with another team and wind up staying there in the front office.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Rumor that Marty is considering a front office job with the Blues. Not surprising, I always figured he would sign with another team and wind up staying there in the front office.

The most recent credible thing that I've seen was from Dregger that it was believed the Blues would offer him a front office job if he decides to walk away from the team/playing and if the offer had truth to it, that it was unclear if he would actually accept

I didn't see anything anywhere about him actually considering this or if this offer had anything of merit as Dregger said, it is only believed to be an offer/option at this point

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I assume "front office job" mean he'll work as a "special assignment scout" or whatever ******** title for the rest of the year and then come back home at the end of the season.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The most recent credible thing that I've seen was from Dregger that it was believed the Blues would offer him a front office job if he decides to walk away from the team/playing and if the offer had truth to it, that it was unclear if he would actually accept

I didn't see anything anywhere about him actually considering this or if this offer had anything of merit as Dregger said, it is only believed to be an offer/option at this point

Didn't Dregger also say that he believed if Marty would take any front office job it would be back with us, not the Blues?

They also apparently offered him to be their 3rd stringer, which if true, is most likely what prompted this week off.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I kind of wonder if he and Lou had a bit of a falling out after everything that went down last year.

I would actually think this if he does wind up working for the Blues.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I kind of wonder if he and Lou had a bit of a falling out after everything that went down last year.

I don't think they did because Lou said prior to camp and then again before signing with the Blues that Marty has a job waiting for him should he choose to want to work for the organization when he retires.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/09/martin_brodeur_still_waiting_for_suitable_offer_to_keep_playing_devils_off-ice_job_awaits.html

http://www.tsn.ca/video/insider-trading-brodeur-s-future-in-st-louis-1.183629

Here is the video. There is nothing certain, and Dregger doesn't believe he would even take a spot with the Blues over here.

Yea I'd be pretty surprised to see him take a job down here. I don't think he has many plans on leaving NJ either as a residency.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't think they did because Lou said prior to camp and then again before signing with the Blues that Marty has a job waiting for him should he choose to want to work for the organization when he retires.

Yea I'd be pretty surprised to see him take a job down here. I don't think he has many plans on leaving NJ either as a residency.

Ya just a rumor they might offer him something, but no word if he would accept it.

Basically all we know is he is officially #3 on the Blues depth chart, but the Blues are willing to keep him if he wants.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I really doubt he would accept a front office job with the Blues unless it is temporary only. I'm pretty sure he has said multiple times that he will go back to the Devils after all is said and done. I still think he wants to play. Not sure how much interest there is for him though.

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006
Get him back here as a "puck handling coach" for Cory and Kinky! And Cory should have to take written exams on what to do when the puck approaches the trapezoid at certain angles and velocities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad