Confirmed with Link: Brodeur signs with the Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
@TSNBobMcKenzie: STL is back to a two-goalie team -- Jake Allen and Brian Elliott. Marty Brodeur has gone home and asked STL for a week to ponder his future.

Pretty clear now what this week is about.

It's possible they already tried to trade him and found no takers, with the Wild getting Dubnyk that took away another place Marty would have wanted to go.

I don't even remember what his last game was, the shutout? Might as well go out on that.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's possible they already tried to trade him and found no takers, with the Wild getting Dubnyk that took away another place Marty would have wanted to go.

I don't even remember what his last game was, the shutout? Might as well go out on that.

Possible, though maybe he doesn't want to be traded ans be a merc all year. Idk.

Just seems clear his stay with the Blues appears over.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
5-4 loss against Anaheim. If that ends up being his last game, I'll be happy that I went but by god it was weird with him in that uniform.

Oh yeah forgot that one.

Honestly the Marty thing isn't worth screwing Kinkaid (a pending UFA) over after he earned his keep. Let him come back for a game or two at the end of the season if he wants but let's not indulge the 700 chase, with the state of this team he'd have to play almost every game to get there anyway. Kinkaid can play in the AHL playoffs (if Albany gets there) after the regular season ends.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Oh yeah forgot that one.

Honestly the Marty thing isn't worth screwing Kinkaid (a pending UFA) over after he earned his keep. Let him come back for a game or two at the end of the season if he wants but let's not indulge the 700 chase, with the state of this team he'd have to play almost every game to get there anyway. Kinkaid can play in the AHL playoffs (if Albany gets there) after the regular season ends.

Considering Kinkaid has a Marty shrine in his room. I REALLY doubt he would mind stepping back for half a season for his hero.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What the heck else is he going to do, there are only two options either retire or stay third string indefinitely there...unless he goes off to play in some independent league.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It just makes sense to sign Marty.
There is no risk in the type of season we are enduring.

I really hope we get the chance to send Marty out the right way, I would be so stoked.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Having a conversation with Kenny on twitter...he wants no part of marty even if we sign him in march or april...shocking.

Honestly it would just be too messy to do it for longer than a game or two. The fans are still having separation anxiety vis a vis replacing Marty and will until Cory gets the team to the playoffs at least, bringing him back for two months only exacerbates that. It also stalls Kinkaid's career. If anything he should be playing meaningless games instead of Marty. This wouldn't be an issue at all if Marty had 701, the fans might be more obsessed about it than he is.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Having a conversation with Kenny on twitter...he wants no part of marty even if we sign him in march or april...shocking.

Daneyko? Really? I figured he'd be saying he wanted to bring him back, even if he really didn't.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Honestly it would just be too messy to do it for longer than a game or two. The fans are still having separation anxiety vis a vis replacing Marty and will until Cory gets the team to the playoffs at least, bringing him back for two months only exacerbates that. It also stalls Kinkaid's career. If anything he should be playing meaningless games instead of Marty. This wouldn't be an issue at all if Marty had 701, the fans might be more obsessed about it than he is.

Kinkaid would probably be better served in ALB in April pushing them to the post season.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Go somewhere else if the option is there.

Where? There is no other option, or at least not one he'll go to. It took two months for him just to get a minimal audition from the Blues and clearly they can't trade him either.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Where? There is no other option, or at least not one he'll go to. It took two months for him just to get a minimal audition from the Blues and clearly they can't trade him either.

There is speculation that the Wild wanted him and Marty turned that down and thats when the Blues told him he's out of the plans.

The ship has sailed with the Wild now...but it seems he had no desire to go there anyway.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
There is speculation that the Wild wanted him and Marty turned that down and thats when the Blues told him he's out of the plans.

The ship has sailed with the Wild now...but it seems he had no desire to go there anyway.

I don't blame him. They are a dumpster fire right now.

I don't see the isles making ochocinco disappear so YA I don't know where he can go unless Lou offers him something.

TG mentiond his next bonus comes the 1st so makes sense the blues want to settle this now and not have to pay him.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Daneyko? Really? I figured he'd be saying he wanted to bring him back, even if he really didn't.

Daneyko knows the crowd and the people in it about as well as anyone outside of the actual sth's, he probably knows about the ******** taking place in the stands with the We Want Marty chants and jeering Cory and that the team losing isn't a healthy atmosphere to bring Marty back in.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'm really torn with Marty. Part of me wants to see him come back and finish his career with the Devils, but the other part thinks it's just better to leave it alone and let Kinkaid get experience as the backup.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm sure lots of tix are already in the hands of Rags fans.

I'm fine with him playing that game but let's sign him right after the all star break. Not just one game.

They would sell for the massive up tick in prices. It would be the only game for people to make money off of because Devil's fans will want to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad