Player Discussion: Brock Nelson

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
If you look at the forest for the trees, it's a very very good deal. Most likely would have been overpaid a little on the open market. Happens all the time in FA, moreover, at his age you know there is still room to grow under Trotz and build on what is the makings of a very solid 2C.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Wow. 6x6

Very good deal
dam-images-daily-2014-01-mercedes-benz-g63-mercedes-benz-g63-amg-01.jpg

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Think we can officially say this was a good signing. A player living up to his new contract and then some.
I remember coming on here for first time 12 months ago and reading all the frustration around Nelson.
What an emergence. Credit to Trotz, when he arrived he told Brock he knew he was capable of more, much more.
He has repaid that support.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I remember coming on here for first time 12 months ago and reading all the frustration around Nelson.
What an emergence. Credit to Trotz, when he arrived he told Brock he knew he was capable of more, much more.
He has repaid that support.
He's flourished under Trotz no doubt. Also with an opening on the top 1-2 center spots. Really he has been lights out since moving to C full time. Looks like he has found his role and game as a 2 way Center.

Reactions: scottywiper

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
+1. Would you rather have Nelson and Pageau at 11M or that other stats padding guy at 11M?

Yeah I think if we had the pajama guy, we would be having threads like "What is so great about Trotz" "Why can't we get linemates for pajama boy" and "How come pajama boy has 3 points in his last 11 games). He would change the complexion of the team. I would say it was because of bad coaching along the way that he developed bad habits.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Brock is one of the most overlooked players in the league. He is a legit 2C and people rarely speak about him.

He is such a game changer and I’m so happy for his success.

Reactions: Keyserfrans

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I think I saw somewhere that it's his 3rd child. Crazy how time flies, I remember the day we drafted him, he was a mix of Big Bird and Screech back then.

His wife is a good soldier too, she had the baby during or around Game 4. She knows what's up.

Yep MVP move on her part! Giving Nelson some Okposo styled new Dad strength!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad