Friedman: Brock Nelson rumored to be available - Devils have interest

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
His past three seasons he’s averaged 68 games per year. He’s been a healthy scratch for about 2 weeks in Boston along with postma. Grzcelyk has supplanted his 6 spot and with postma as a 7 and zboril, o gara and lauzon waiting in the wings he is expendable. I’m just saying if the islanders want to create the bruins entire right side from the 2011 cup championship, perfect opportunity

Healthy scratch you say... how bout a 4th, not a 20 goal scorer. I’d love to get Nelson off of the islanders but I’d at least prefer a dman who isn’t consistently scratched

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Healthy scratch you say... how bout a 4th, not a 20 goal scorer. I’d love to get Nelson off of the islanders but I’d at least prefer a dman who isn’t consistently scratched

Bruins are good this year. Maybe a bruins 7 is the Islanders 4. Hmmm.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
There's a couple of defensemen that really stand out to me that could be in a Nelson trade. Gudbranson, Scandella, Hjalmarsson. Think they can definitely had in a deal that involves Brock.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
Ho sang + Nelson for scandella?

Buffalo has arguably one of the worst D corps in the league, don't think they can trade away D, but I am not a a buffalo fan so not sure what they would say to that package. There is a Scandella thread

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This quote by Friedman describing Nelson seems contrary to how Nelson actually looks 90% of the time on the ice:

"I’m told Nelson is very hard on himself, which can affect anyone, but I’ll always take that over someone who doesn’t care enough."

His demeanor and body language actually often appear exactly that, as someone who doesn't care enough.

Reactions: WangMustGo and SI90

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
brock-nelson.png

Has a good wrist shot, bakes some dope brownies, can impersonate Abraham Lincoln once his NHL career is over.

The kid has the skill, but he might have rocks for brains and 0 battle level most of the time. If he's not putting the puck in the net when the team is up or down by a few, he's not doing much else.

I had higher hopes for him coming out of ND. I think he's best served at LW, where he played at ND and had a lot of success, as opposed to C.
The bolded really scares me. No thanks.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Gunnarsson for Nelson? He still doesn’t really fill a need, but he is a large body with a good snapshot. Putting him on PP2 would be nice, but we still need more righties in order to fully utilize the one thing we never do when we score: the one-timer. And that’s why we have a bottom of the league powerplay and and can’t score when we have zone time and possession.

Gunnarsson is a decent top-4, and that’s a cheap, huge improvement on NYI’s D. He can also move the puck fairly well.
I understand your reasoning, but I would rather hang on to Gunnarsson until we know if Bouwmeester is 100%. I'm really worried about Bouw, and if he struggles, or goes down again, we are going to need Gunnar.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Guess comparing Nelson and Bjugstad was spot on when they entered the league.
Reading the same complaints about Nelson that Panthers fans have about Bjugstad

Reactions: IODCPiper

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Guess comparing Nelson and Bjugstad was spot on when they entered the league.
Reading the same complaints about Nelson that Panthers fans have about Bjugstad

There is an awesome thread somewhere comparing Lee, Nelson, and Bjugstad as their careers have progressed over the years.

I don't see BUF trading one of their two legit Dmen for an effort challenged forward. It's not like they are in short supply. They can always trade for Vanek if they want one of those.

Reactions: ShootIt

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
There is an awesome thread somewhere comparing Lee, Nelson, and Bjugstad as their careers have progressed over the years.

I don't see BUF trading one of their two legit Dmen for an effort challenged forward. It's not like they are in short supply. They can always trade for Vanek if they want one of those.

Wonder if it survived the latest purge of old threads? Prospects forum IIRC
Posted quite a bit in that thread. Back when I had faith in Bjugstad actually being a top 6 center.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Nelson is horrible. Trading him would be addition by subtraction at this point. The guy is talented but heartless, lazy, and very weak with and without the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad