Friedman: Brock Nelson rumored to be available - Devils have interest

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I'm not sure what his season breakouts have looked like but I'd be shocked if it wasn't exactly this.
This season he had 5 goals in the first 9 games, then went the next 16 games with only 1g 3pts. Then he scored 3g in his next 5 games before going his next 13 games with a measly 0g 2pts. He wasn't quite as bad last season -- had one particluarly bad stretch of 16 games with only 2g and 4pts, and an 11 game streak of 0g 4pts, but other than that, never went more than 4 games without a point or 5 games without a goal.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
brock-nelson.png

Has a good wrist shot, bakes some dope brownies, can impersonate Abraham Lincoln once his NHL career is over.

The kid has the skill, but he might have rocks for brains and 0 battle level most of the time. If he's not putting the puck in the net when the team is up or down by a few, he's not doing much else.

I had higher hopes for him coming out of ND. I think he's best served at LW, where he played at ND and had a lot of success, as opposed to C.

Reactions: simon in canada

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
:habs

Tomas Plekanec- 50%
Jordie Benn - Can play the left or right side but refers playing the right side.
5th round pick(Edmonton's, if Montoya plays 7 game its turns to a 4th)

:isles

Brock Nelson
2nd round pick - either one
i believe the islanders are at 50 contracts already. so if 2 contracts come in, 2 contracts have to go out.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Robert Hagg? That's 2nd round value.

Plays both right and left side, shoots left.

+12 on the season and leads the league in hits as a rookie.

Adding Nelson gets Lehtera from playing while also opens a spot for Sanheim to be playing.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
They just drafted him. Like literally just drafted him. Teams don't give up on a prospect, especially a first-round prospect before they know what they have.

HockeyAnalystGenius

Jun 15, 2017
They just drafted him. Like literally just drafted him. Teams don't give up on a prospect, especially a first-round prospect before they know what they have.

His value is highest now though so he can fetch the most return. Basic economics... I'm not a believer in him for the long term either.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Emergence of a few of the young guys there, plus the upgrade to Eberle certainly seems to spell the end for Nelson in NYI. Whether they hang onto him for the rest of the year or not as nice depth...probably comes down to how dire Garth feels their need on the blueline is right now, and whether they can actually get a decent blueliner for a forward like Nelson (which doesn't seem super likely to me).

He's a decent complementary piece. He can score you some goals. Plenty of places around the league that could use a guy like that as a moving piece in their Top-6/9. Not the kind of guy you probably want to pay all that much to acquire, or want to break the bank to keep under contract with his impending UFA status. But he's useful enough in the meantime, and on a good value contract this year.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
To the buyer, I would classify Brock Nelson as the (very) lite version of Max Paciorrety. Invisible during stretches but good enough for 20+ goals a year and 40+points.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
does mcquaid play hockey more than 10 games a season?

His past three seasons he’s averaged 68 games per year. He’s been a healthy scratch for about 2 weeks in Boston along with postma. Grzcelyk has supplanted his 6 spot and with postma as a 7 and zboril, o gara and lauzon waiting in the wings he is expendable. I’m just saying if the islanders want to create the bruins entire right side from the 2011 cup championship, perfect opportunity

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
His past three seasons he’s averaged 68 games per year. He’s been a healthy scratch for about 2 weeks in Boston along with postma. Grzcelyk has supplanted his 6 spot and with postma as a 7 and zboril, o gara and lauzon waiting in the wings he is expendable. I’m just saying if the islanders want to create the bruins entire right side from the 2011 cup championship, perfect opportunity
did seidenberg play the right side during the cup run?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad