WWE: Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg official for Survivor Series; PPV will be 4 hours

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Goldberg was one of those dudes I loved in WCW (not as much as guys like Sting, DDP, etc but still liked) and then was happy when he finally came to WWE but didn't enjoy his run.

I'll still nostalgia mark for him though.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Goldberg in a WWE ring, and WWE buying TNA's library.

2016 has been a weird year, even in the wrestling world :laugh:

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
the match will be fine, WM20 was a perfect storm, they were both leaving, and brock clearly did not want to risk injury since he was going to be trying out for football...it was what it was, but this one wont be the same

also i'd just like to remind people the smariest of smark fans in brooklyn, were chanting for goldberg when brock was beating the crap out of orton at summerslam

Yeah I remembermber the chants. Then the next day on raw they had their highest viewership in a while after that Randy beat down. A lot of articles followed about Goldberg return rumors after that match. Even Goldberg admits that the crowd reaction was a surprise and started teasing a return.

Last edited:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
At this point, between lesnar the character and lesnar's IRL issues recently, he's become a complete joke and i wouldn't care whatsoever if goldberg came in to beat him.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
With it being in Toronto, I wouldn't hate a Bret Hart run in / 'take out' Goldberg for ending his career. That or Scott Hall cattle prodding him.

Oct 18, 2011
the idea of shane working undertaker and brock in b2b WM's is absolute ******** it is a real testament to WWE's inability to develop stars

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
It would be different if it was a guy Brock respected. He respects Taker and they won't out there and left a lot in the ring.

They two don't care at all for each other so no one is going to the extra to help the other look good.

The two are actually friends.

Start at 4:25

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Man, like... Why? Why not build up a star?

WWE likes the instant gratification nowadays. I mean their storylines are the same way for the most part.

I'm still okay with this match but I really do want someone to get built up.

I'm just thinking about having Samoa Joe beat both Goldberg and Lesnar in separate programs after this one, Oh man.

Fantasy booking is depressing haha.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Not really getting why people are so upset. This has been obviously coming for awhile now and it's not even a Mania match.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Bill Goldberg's ESPN SportsCenter interview came with no announcement on his WWE return last night. Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter insists the match is still scheduled for the Survivor Series pay-per-view on November 20th, unless plans have fallen apart. As of Tuesday, the match was considered to be confirmed and locked in. As noted, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross also reported this week that his reliable source relayed the same information.

The story is that Vince McMahon has had the match scheduled but has not been very gung-ho about doing it. It was also noted that while WWE is ready to use Goldberg once again, there are still a lot of negative feelings and politics(*cough* Haitch *cough*) regarding him.

There are several reasons for doing the match at Survivor Series. WWE wants to do the match to help promote the WWE 2K17 video game and Survivor Series is the best option for that plan.

Also, future opponents for Lesnar are said to be locked in and apparently one of those opponents is Shane McMahon, perhaps for WrestleMania 33. WWE officials were not willing to change Lesnar's WrestleMania plans for Goldberg.

Regarding the Lesnar vs. Goldberg match, this is reportedly a one-off that is not leading to any kind of future rematch between the two.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'd rather see Goldberg vs Lesnar than Shane vs Lesnar.

Shane vs Lesnar is gonna be at Mania, and it will probably be a Last Man Standing match or some kind of No DQ match so Shane can get maybe 1 or 2 chair shots in before getting duplexed 13 times. How can they let Shane get in any offence when Orton, Ambrose, Cena and Rollins barely got any. Its pretty weird to have Shane compared to Taker and Lesnar so...

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'd rather see Shane/Lesnar to be honest. At least Shane would do something crazy and take a beating. Goldberg is bad, and always has been pretty bad to be honest.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Shane and Brock needs to happen, it needs to happen at the Royal Rumble. Brock doesn't need the Rumble match because he shouldn't care about the titles anymore with the split. Mania should end up being Brock and Joe but it probably won't happen.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
There are 18 paperviews in the wwe now per year now. If its a one off, Goldberg will take barely any time. If it sucks it sucks. I was anticipating Ambrose and Lesnar at Wrestlemania to have at least some use of weapons, well that sucked and I was disappointed. But then again the next Ppv after was good. Still, there are 18 paperviews. Let's see what happens with this experiment. Also if people are disappointed about some talent getting relegated to pre show the network can take care of that. The wwe cnetowrk can always add extra time for the show. Either way with so much content that extra time might not be as well received as before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad