WWE: Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg official for Survivor Series; PPV will be 4 hours

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
There is more and more talk that a Brock Lesnar vs. Bill Goldberg match will be announced imminently for Survivor Series on November 20th in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

There had been rumors from inside WWE that a deal for such a match had been completed over the weekend and two WWE sources over the last two days also indicated such a match was either finalized or at least in heavy negotiations. We had reported on Monday night on Wrestling Observer Radio (subscribe) that serious negotiations were going on for a Lesnar vs. Goldberg match.

Jim Ross on Twitter indicated the same thing, and Ross also had more than one source for the story.

Goldberg will be appearing on ESPN SportsCenter on Wednesday night to promote the video game. During Raw, they teased that the announcement would talk about Goldberg's current situation with WWE.

It would be Goldberg's first match in WWE since his WrestleMania X match with Lesnar more than 12 years ago. Goldberg, 49, remains in great shape and has trained hard in Muay Thai on a regular basis for years.

This would be the third time in a row that a wrestler who 2K Sports first put a deal together with for the video game, ended up following it up with a WWE deal, after Ultimate Warrior and Sting.

Source: F4WOnline

Touched on in the news roundup, but I think big enough for its own thread. So it seems like Lesnar vs. Goldberg is going to happen in Toronto. JR also reportedly said it was done.

On one hand, it frees us from having to have the match at Wrestlemania. On the other hand, it's still Lesnar vs. Goldberg in a main event, one guy who hasn't wrestled in 12 years and was never really a good wrestler and another who's been reduced to "suplex city" garbage. They either do some cool **** or they do their usual stuff and the Toronto crowd destroys them.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Toronto is a pretty smart crowd. I don't fully believe that crowd won't remember the WM match. They could possibly **** on it.

I just cannot believe they are trusting that jackass after everything he has said and done.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I don't know. Toronto crowds are usually down to cheer the older guys. I'm going to be there and I'm probably in the minority on these forums, but I am very excited for it. Always loved Goldberg.

Goldberg got booed a few times in Toronto in his prime, but now as a returning legend, I think he gets cheered. May be wrong on that though.

I will just enjoy it for what it is - 2 legit stars in a match I thought I'd never see again.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Goldberg isn't Hogan.

I think most people don't look back on him fondly, and remember all he was was an entrance.

You may be right that Toronto will **** on him, but let's not pretend that Goldberg was only over because of his entrance. He was booked as a legit bad ass and everyone bought it. And he played the part well.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a three match feud SS-Rumble-Mania the thought makes me want to puke but it seems like such a Vince move

Also won't be surprised if we see Goldberg on Monday

Oct 18, 2011
Toronto will eat this match up. WM20 was a unique circumstance, this time they are going to beat the crap out of each other and i can't wait

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend

**** this company.

cornetteface.jpg

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I was just thinking the other day that they couldn't make Brock any less watchable right now.

Then....this.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
So what's the payoff? Three scenarios:

1.) Goldberg comes out of retirement specifically to job to Lesnar, a part timer who doesn't need it
2.) Lesnar jobs to Goldberg and losses the streak rub, to a part timer who hasn't been on TV in 12 years and doesn't need it
3.) Some screwy finish where they drag this on for months until RR/WM or whatever

None of them are appealing. Stop bringing back part time talent and build your own ****ing stars.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Lesnar's "streak rub" doesn't exist since he lost to Undertaker last year. Because the guy retiring soon needed it.

This is WWE in a nutshell: they will bring back someone pushing 50 years old instead of creating any new stars. I haven't wanted to see Goldberg in any capacity for 17 years.

To do this in Toronto is asking for trouble. Someone will probably throw a loaded beer can at Goldberg, is my guess.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Toronto, you know what to do. And if you don't, you're on the list.

Lesnar's "streak rub" doesn't exist since he lost to Undertaker last year. Because the guy retiring soon needed it.

This is WWE in a nutshell: they will bring back someone pushing 50 years old instead of creating any new stars. I haven't wanted to see Goldberg in any capacity for 17 years.

To do this in Toronto is asking for trouble. Someone will probably throw a loaded beer can at Goldberg, is my guess.

Yeah, the streak rub pretty much doesn't exist anymore IMO.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Disagree that there is no streak rub. No one brings up that he lost (dirty) at summerslam much in the same way no one talks about Kevin Owens losing the next 2 matches to John Cena. Lesnar could lose 10 more times to the Undertaker, none of those put together equals the streak. So long as Lesnar is continued being booked the way he is.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
This is so stupid. I don't really care about smark cancer but I'm hot about this.

You're going to take the legit toughest son of a ***** on the planet who just beat a legit top ten heavyweight in UFC and literally obliterated the head of one of your top talents just a few weeks ago.

Now we're going to take the biggest toughest draw in all of combat sports and waste his time with a 50 year old bald loser who hasn't been in wrestling 12 years? Does anyone want to watch a Goldberg match that lasts more than three minutes in 2016? Did anyone want to watch a Goldberg match that went longer than three minutes in 1998?

Why? How does this possibly make you money? No one gives a **** about Goldberg. I feel so strongly about this I feel like cancelling my subscription and taking a break from wrestling.

There's only one possible outcome to this. Lesnar murders Goldberg in under three minutes. Anything else is WWE peeing in their fans' faces.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
A good buddy of mine is going to this event. Needless to say that he isn't exactly thrilled with this match.

I also think that the potential for the crowd to crap on this match is pretty big. Obviously the potential for the match to suck is high, given that Goldberg is 15 years from his best, and his best was never that good. Also, even for nostalgia, Toronto (like the rest of Canada) was never a big WCW territory. I don't think they are going to give Goldberg a massive welcome.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Toronto is a snarky city.

If they have no issues throwing beer at a baseball player trying to make a catch in the outfield, they'll probably throw something at Goldberg too.

I suppose the plus side of this is we get it out of the way and not waste time for Mania.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Little OT, but FacepalmBenning brought up the "smark" comment. It bothers me WWE and their talent hates smarks. They are some of the most loyal consumers. Maybe just accept them as consumers?

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Little OT, but FacepalmBenning brought up the "smark" comment. It bothers me WWE and their talent hates smarks. They are some of the most loyal consumers. Maybe just accept them as consumers?

I kind of get the position WWE and any mainstream wrestling company is in. With how out of control wrestling got during their peak they drove away a lot of advertising and sponsorship dollars. So in order to keep drawing in advertisers and mainstream money they have to tone down their product and make it kid oriented so they don't drive away advertising money. So now we get this mishmash of disorganized crap aimed at pre-teens. So even though they were the hottest they ever were when they appealed to the 18-35 male demographic and their ratings have decreased by millions since, they're painted into this weird corner.

This goes back to why I'm so hot. Lesnar is the one character above this. Wasting a Lesnar match on Goldberg is such a waste. Not to mention the match is going to suck and it's going to be an insult to anyone's intelligence.

Also you've spent three years building this guy as the baddest son of a ***** on the planet. Unless he goes in there and eviscerates the 49-year old mark in front of him, it's complete insult to everyone's intelligence and a complete waste of time.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Because smarks don't want to do things WWE's way.

They want a favorite on top? Too bad, you get Roman or Sheamus.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00